Any color$75 $44 Save 41%
$50 $38 Save 24%
Any color$70 $55 Save 21%
Any color$55 $33 Save 40%
$50 $10 Save 80%
$45 $27 Save 40%
$80 $65 Save 19%
$60 $45 Save 25%
Any color$60 $49 Save 18%
Any color$60 $37 Save 38%
$60 $44 Save 27%
Any color$65 $58 Save 11%
No offers available
$65 $30 Save 54%
No offers available
No offers available
No offers available
No offers available
Vans Authentic sneakers
The Vans Authentic is one of the iconic silhouettes that have been appreciated by both men and women of all generations. Also known before as the Style 44 or the Deck shoe, the Authentic has been updated and released several times in different colorways such as red, grey, brown, dark cheddar, navy blue, port royale, red, Zephyr, estate blue, dress blues ochre, desert taupe, and pink, among others.
Its silhouette also has been utilized several times in several collaborative works with retailers, companies, brands, celebrities, skaters and more. Though it had been revamped many times, it still maintains its classic with the right blend of comfort and performance that appreciated by both athletes and non-athletes alike.
A classic, the Vans Authentic is among the low-top skate-inspired shoes that are most sought-after by wearers. It has been updated and released in different versions and manages to remain relevant in the sneakers world. Some of the special editions and notable Vans Authentic sneakers are:
1. Vans Made for The Makers Authentic UC
Released in January 2018, the Vans Made for the Makers Authentic UC was designed and created for tough jobs and the communities that represent from the chef, barber, surfboard shaper to the tattoo artist. With a classic silhouette, it is among the Vans Authentic sneakers that are built to provide maximized comfort and ensure durability. It has a Vanguard-treated upper to repel dirt and liquid elements.
- Fit and Sizing: Like most of the unisex Vans Authentic sneakers, this footwear is available in sizes from 3.5 to 13 and 5 to 14.5 US for men and women respectively. It has a canvas upper and contoured UltraCush sockliners that deliver foot breathability as well as long-lasting comfort. Same with other Vans Authentic shoes, it also has a rubber waffle outsole for reliable traction.
- Colorways: The Vans Made for the Makers Authentic UC is available in a Black / Black colorway. It has an all-black color from the upper to the midsole.
2. Vans Washed Authentic Slim
This slimmed-down Authentic is among the Vans sneakers that bear the classic look combined with a modern style by utilizing a slimmer silhouette. Among the Vans Authentic sneakers, this shoe has a washed canvas upper that gives a distinct vintage look. It also has double stitching on the vamp for better durability. For an added slimmed-down look, it maintains a vulcanized construction. It also has the rubber waffle outsole for reliable traction.
- Fit and Sizing: The Vans Washed Authentic Slim is available for men and women. Men can choose from sizes 4 to 11.5 while women need to pick 1.5 sizes down to get their exact fit from the men’s sizing. Like other Vans Authentic sneakers, this shoe has a cushioned EVA footbed and textile lining to deliver supreme comfort.
- Colorways: Like most of the Vans Authentic shoes, this shoe is available in different vibrant colors that users can choose from like Cream / True White, Black / True White, Pink, and Purple Tulip / True White.
3. Vans Checkerboard Authentic
With the iconic checkerboard pattern of this Authentic model, the renowned silhouette received an update with the design but managed to maintain its classic profile. An iconic design, the checkerboard pattern was an instant hit back in 1982. The style became an icon overnight when it was featured and introduced in the movie “Fast Times at Ridgemont High.”
- Fit and Sizing: Although available in men’s sizing only, it is among the Vans Authentic sneakers that are unisex in style. If women want to grab a pair, they just need to get 1.5 sizes down from the men’s sizing which is from 3.5 to 13 US to get their exact fit. It has a lace-up closure with five metal eyelets that keeps the foot secure in every step while its vulcanized outsole with the waffle tread pattern ensures foot stability.
- Colorways: It is available in different colorways including Black, White, Gray, Supreme Blue, and Red.
4. Vans Checkerboard Authentic Platform 2.0
The Vans Authentic Platform 2.0 retained its original version’s material but with a chunky outsole. Available at a budget-friendly price, it has the iconic checkerboard pattern on its canvas upper that provides a timeless design. Like most of the Vans Authentic shoes, it has a versatile silhouette that can work well with a variety of outfits.
- Fit and Sizing: This sneaker is among the Vans Authentic sneakers that are available for both men and women in sizes from 3.5 to 10 and 5 to 11.5 US respectively. It has a lace-up closure that keeps the foot secure and comfortable.
- Colorways: Like other Vans Authentic sneakers, this iteration is available in vibrant colorways including Racing Red True White, Medieval Blue True White and Checkerboard True White.
5. Vans Flame Wall Authentic
One of the favorite skate shoes from Vans, the Vans Authentic Flame Wall design is another version that utilized the classic silhouette with an updated style that causes heads to turn around. It has a plain canvas upper but with flame detailing at the side of the midsole. Like other Vans Authentic sneakers, it has a low-top silhouette that allows adequate ankle mobility to perform skateboarding flips and tricks.
- Fit and Sizing: This sneaker is available in men’s sizing from 3.5 to 13 US while women’s sizing is from 5 to 14.5 US. It has a lace-up closure system that provides a comfortable and adjustable fit. Like other Vans Authentic shoes, it has the waffle tread pattern on the outsole that ensures an excellent grip.
- Colorways: This sneaker has a black canvas upper. It also has a black midsole which is accented by the multicolored flame overlay.
6. Vans Primary Mono Authentic
Unlike other Vans Authentic sneakers, this iteration has a minimalist design, as well as a monotone colorway trait, that exudes uniqueness and elegance, making it stands out from the crowd. With a classic look, it has a lace-up closure design like other Vans Authentic sneakers to provide a secured lockdown.
- Fit and Sizing: The Vans Primary Mono Authentic has a durable canvas upper that offers adequate foot breathability. It also has a padded footbed that provides shock absorption and cushioning. Like other unisex Vans Authentic sneakers, it is available in sizes from 8 to 14.5 and 6.5 to 13 US for women and men respectively.
- Colorways: The Vans Primary Mono Authentic is available in several vibrant colorways including Imperial Blue, Red and Gray.
7. Vans Authentic Surf
With the original low-profile and lace-up design, the Vans Authentic Surf received an update by getting the Vans Surf SF to build. It features a sturdy upper which is made with water-based inks and glues. Depending on the colorway, the Authentic Surf has either nubuck leather or textile upper with either line graphic detailing or checkerboard pattern that sits atop of a vulcanized outsole.
- Fit and Sizing: Like other Vans Authentic sneakers, this unisex shoe is available in sizes from 3.5 to 13 and 5 to 14.5 US for men and women respectively. It also has the UltraCush sockliner with upgraded cushioning that provides supreme comfort. With the Pro Vulc Lite construction, it gives a lightweight feel that helps to retain users’ energy. Same with other Vans Authentic sneakers, it has the classic waffle outsole that provides a superior grip.
- Colorways: Among the Vans Authentic shoes, this low-top shoe is available in colorways including Retro Rainbow and Distressed Check. The Retro Rainbow comes in a blue palette with three different graphic lines detailing near the midsole while the Distressed Check comes with a checkerboard pattern in black and white palettes.
8. Vans Authentic Slim
The Authentic Slim has a low-top silhouette with a lace-up closure system on its canvas upper that sits atop of rubber outsole with a waffle tread pattern. It is among the Vans Authentic sneakers that bear a slimmer silhouette but still able to deliver performance, comfort, and style like that of the original.
- Fit and Sizing: With a low-top silhouette, the Vans Authentic Slim is available in sizes from 3.5 to 13 and 5 to 11 US for men and women respectively. It has a durable canvas or chambray upper that offers adequate air ventilation to make sure the foot is fresh and dry. It also has a lightly padded footbed for added comfort and shock absorption.
- Colorways: Like other Vans Authentic sneakers, this version is available in different vibrant hues and colorways like Cream / True White, True White and black. Other iterations of the Authentic slims have colorways including Hickory Stripes Black, Checker Kaleidoscope, True White and Light Blue.
9. Vans Black Sole Authentic
From the name itself, this sneaker maintains its classic silhouette but receives an update through its black midsole instead of white. The Vans Black Sole authentic, like most of the lace-up Vans Authentic sneakers, has a durable and tonal canvas upper that sits atop of a black signature rubber waffle outsole.
- Fit and Sizing: Like other Vans Authentic sneakers, this unisex shoe has sizes available for men and women from 3.5 to 13 and 5 to 14.5 US respectively. It has a lace-up closure system with five metal eyelets for secured lockdown and adjustable fit.
- Colorways: Comes in black laces, it is available in different colorways including Mineral Yellow, Glazed Ginger, and Red.
10. Vans OG Authentic LX
Depending on the colorways, the Vans OG Authentic LX has a leather, nubuck or canvas upper that sits atop of a crisp white and sturdy outsole. It maintains its classic silhouette with a lace-up closure that provides an adjustable fit.
- Fit and Sizing: Like most of the Vans Authentic shoes, this unisex shoe is available in men’s sizing from 4.5 to 13 US. If women want to grab a pair, they need to pick 1.5 sizes down from men’s sizing to get their exact fit.
- It is available in different colorways including Checkerboard & Marshmallow, Black, White, Chili Pepper & Teak, Asphalt & Black, Dress Blue & Wrought Iron, Orchid and Yellow.
11. Vans Authentic Platform 2.0
With the iconic silhouette, the low-top Vans Authentic Platform 2.0 maintains a lace-up-designed upper but with a chunky outsole for a more appealing look. Its platform outsole has the signature waffle tread pattern that provides a reliable grip.
- Fit and Sizing: Like most of the Vans Authentic sneakers, this iteration has a canvas upper that keeps the foot fresh and healthy as well as a lace-up closure with four metal eyelets that provides an adjustable fit. It is available in men’s and women’s sizing from 6.5 to 13 and 5 to 11.5 US respectively, in a medium width.
- Colorways: This unisex sneaker is available in several colorways including Evening Sands / True White, Classic White / True White, Black and Racing Red / True White. Other colorways available in a checkerboard pattern includes True White, Racing Red/True White, and Medieval Blue / True White. A version with a summer mesh upper is also available in the Green Sheen / True White colorway.
12. Vans Corduroy Authentic
Among the Vans Authentic sneakers, this iteration bears a soft corduroy upper with a contrasting midsole that provides cute and unique design, drawing attention from others. This unisex sneaker has the right combination of style and comfort. It is stylish and versatile enough to match a variety of outfits.
- Fit and Sizing: Like most of the Vans Authentic sneakers, it has a lace-up closure system with four metal eyelets that keep the foot secure and comfortable. It is available in sizes from 3.5 to 10 and 5 to 11.5 US for men and women respectively.
- Colorways: The Vans Corduroy Authentic is available in colorways including Gray / Nova White, Brown, Blue, Green and Bossa Nova / True White.
13. Vans Authentic Mix Checker
A must-have, this version is among the Vans Authentic sneakers that feature three different sizes of checkerboard patterns. The Vans Authentic Mix Checker has a canvas upper that sits atop of a vulcanized outsole with the waffle tread pattern. It has the Vans logo on the heel area and side panel.
- Fit and Sizing: Like most of the Vans Authentic shoes, it has a breathable canvas upper that keeps the foot fresh. It has the lace-up the system for an adjustable fit and waffle outsole for a sure-footed grip. With a low-top silhouette, it is available in sizes from 4 to 13 US for men. Ladies just need to pick 1.5 sizes down to get their exact fit since the sizing is derived from men’s foot measurement.
- Colorways: It is available in Black / True White.
Vans Authentic Shoe collaboration
Vans are known for its unpredictable collaborative works. The brand and the people behind it continues to find ways to provide footwear that not only meet the performance and comfort that wearers need but also that keep tabs to the current fashion and people style. From collectives and pop culture and artists, Vans has partnered with several entities to make sure that there will always be a collaboration for anyone’s inner fan. Let me show you some notable collaborations of the Vans Authentic sneakers.
1. Vincent Van Gogh x Vans Authentic
Vans partnered with the Van Gogh Museum of Amsterdam to create another fantastic iteration using the Authentic silhouette. Among the Vans Authentic sneakers, this version features a painting of sunflowers which was creatively incorporated to its canvas upper, showcasing the legendary artist’s accomplishment. The Vans x Vincent Van Gogh Authentic was released in July 2018.
2. Vans x Peanuts Authentic
Released in 2017, the Vans x Peanuts Authentic has a classic silhouette with an updated design. Among the iterations of Vans Authentic sneakers, this shoe receives graphics heavy treatment on the upper that sits atop of white rubber outsole with a waffle tread pattern.
With the vintage “Peanuts” illustration, it has the colorful comic strip printed all over the canvas upper that provides sufficient foot breathability. Like other Vans Authentic shoes, this shoe is also available in many colorways including Woodstock, Dance Party/Peanuts-Pink, Snoopy/Ink Blue and Black/Peanuts –True White. Men can pick from sizes 6.5 to 13 US while women can choose from 5 to 11.5 US.
3. Vans x Marvel Authentic
A limited edition, the sought-after Vans x Marvel Authentic maintains its classic low-profile silhouette but carries an updated and stylish design. Among the iterations of Vans Authentic sneakers, this version celebrates Marvel superheroes by incorporating the character from the Marvel universe to its canvas upper. It is available in colorways including Marvel Heads/Multi, Avengers/Multi, and Marvel Multi/Women.
Like other Vans Authentic sneakers, this unisex shoe is available in men’s sizing from 3.5 to 13 US while women can pick from sizes 5 to 14.5 US. It has a canvas upper with early superhero artwork portraits that provides foot breathability while the cotton drill lining offers added comfort. With a slimmed-down profile, it utilizes a rubber outsole with signature waffle tread that provides excellent board feels and superior grip.
4. Vans x Lazy Oaf Authentic
In collaboration with the London-based brand Lazy Oaf, Vans launched another version of the Vans Authentic sneakers to showcase vibrant aesthetic and youthful creativity. It has an upper with a floral treatment that exudes elegance and feminine vibe, juxtaposing by a black outsole.
Like most of the Vans Authentic sneakers, this version also has a lace-up closure with four metal eyelets for a secured lockdown. It also has a sturdy canvas upper that keeps the foot fresh and dry while the rubber outsole with a waffle tread offers excellent board feels and reliable traction.
5. Vans x ATCQ Authentic
Another partnership sealed to create another iconic design using the Authentic silhouette, this shoe is among the Vans Authentic sneakers that pay homage to the A Tribe Called Quest’s contribution to pop culture and music. It has a monochromatic upper that sits atop of a vulcanized outsole with a waffle tread pattern. Along with the Authentic, the Old Skool, Sk8-Hi, Era and Slip-on are also part of the ATCQ x Vans collection which was generally released on April 6, 2018.
A Tribe Called Quest x Vans Authentic is available for kids, toddlers, and adult sizes. Like other collaborative work for Vans Authentic sneakers, this iteration features the hip-hop group’s album cover artwork and signature stick figures. With printed-graphics allover to honor the life of Phife Dawg, it has a canvas upper that offers adequate air ventilation to keep it cool healthy. It also has a lace-up closure system, like other Vans Authentic sneakers, that provides a secured lockdown.
6. Vans MLB Authentic
Vans teamed up with Major League Baseball to release a capsule of footwear for the 2016 All-Star Game which was presented by Mastercard. Released in July 2016, the Vans Authentic x MLB has a vulcanized construction that delivers rock-solid durability. Like other Vans Authentic sneakers, it has a lace-up closure with metal eyelets for an adjustable fit.
The Vans x MLB Authentic has the designated insignia and team color for each colorway like the Boston Red Sox/ Gray, Anaheim Angels/Red, Chicago Cubs/Blue, San Francisco Giants/Black, New York/Mets/Blue, San Diego Padres/Blue and New York/Yankees/Navy. Like other iterations of the Vans Authentic sneakers, this low-top shoe has a double-stitched canvas upper with overlays that provide foot breathability as well as support and durability.
7. Vans x Supreme Authentic Pro
In 2016, Vans teamed up with Supreme for the third time in creating footwear that possesses simplicity yet overflows with uniqueness and elegance. The Vans x Supreme Authentic Pro has the Supreme’s box logo typography printed all over the upper which sits atop of a vulcanized outsole, completing the shoe’s look.
Like other Vans Authentic sneakers, this shoe is accented in different colorways including Checkered Blue/White, Checkered Black/White, Checkered Red/White. It has a lace-up closure that gives a secured lockdown while the canvas upper keeps the foot fresh and healthy.
1966 – The Van Doren brothers Paul and Jim, together with their partners Serge D’Elia and Gordon Lee, opened and established the Van Doren Company in Anaheim California. In the same year, the deck shoes or the Style 44, currently known as the Authentic, is born.
1974- After a few years, the company began to attract an exciting crowd. As the skateboarding started to blow up in and around 1974, skaters were seen sporting the rugged Style 44 or the Vans Authentic. The Vans Authentic sneakers became a must-have among the skateboarders.
1982- The Vans iconic style, the checkerboard pattern became an icon overnight when it was introduced to the world in the ‘80s movie Fast Times at Ridgemont High.
2003- The Vault by Vans collection was launched, providing premium and fashionable design to classic silhouettes like the Vans Authentic sneakers. Currently, Vault by Vans unceasingly forges a partnership with past collaborators like the contemporary artist Takashi and Marc Jacobs in creating innovative footwear.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I buy Vans Authentic sneakers?
Apart from its official website, you can also buy Vans Authentic sneakers through retailers like:
- Foot Locker
Where are Vans Authentic shoes made?
For over 40 years, the brand opened factories in California and later contracted factories in Vietnam and China to make Vans Authentic sneakers and other brand’s vulcanized shoes.
Are Vans Authentic casual shoes vegan?
Some iterations are vegan-friendly like the Vans Mix Checker Authentic and Vans x Peanuts Authentic.
How to wash Vans Authentic sneakers?
- Remove the shoelaces and soak them in a mixture of mild soap and warm water.
- Use a toothbrush to scrub the dirt from the shoe gently.
- Use a tidy cloth and dip it in the soap solution and scrub footwear with the wet cloth.
- Using a dry cloth, wipe clean the shoe against any soapy residue.
What are the DONT’S in cleaning the Vans Authentic shoes?
Don’t machine-wash or machine-dry the Vans Authentic sneakers because it will break down and results in greater wear and tear.
- Don’t use harmful soap or detergent.
Are Vans Authentic sneakers unisex?
Yes, Vans Authentic shoes generally are unisex in style and sizing.
What materials are often used with Vans Authentic lifestyle sneakers?
Most of the Vans Authentic sneakers are made with suede, canvas, velvet, leather or textile upper that sits atop of a rubber outsole. There are also iterations that are made from vegan-friendly materials.
How to wear Vans Authentic sneakers?
There are gazillion ways to wear a pair of Vans Authentic sneakers with style. The Vans Authentic sneakers have a timeless lace-up style with a low-top silhouette and a thick rubber outsole that can match a variety of casual and semi-formal outfits. It has a minimalistic style that you can choose to stay simple when match with neutral-colored outfits or spice up your look with bolder pattern and colored clothing.
If you want a neutral style, you can wear a pair of Vans Authentic sneakers with chinos and a rolled neck sweater plus a trench coat, completing your look with the understated polish. Other outfits to match Authentic shoes are with shorts, distressed jeans, fitted pants or skirts. This footwear also looks good with sporty outfits.
What is the price range of the Vans Authentic shoes?
Vans Authentic sneakers can cost between $ 50 to 100.
What are the usual patterns or styles on the Vans Authentic sneakers?
Among the patterns that are incorporated on the Vans Authentic sneakers’ upper are checkerboard, camo, flame, floral, plaid, rainbow, solid color or tie-dye.
7 best Vans Authentic sneakers
- Vans Golden Coast Authentic
- Vans Authentic Platform 2.0
- Vans Authentic Pro
- Vans Made For The Makers Authentic UC
- Vans Authentic
- Vans Gum Authentic
- Vans ComfyCush Authentic
A score from 1 to 100 that summarizes opinions from users and experts. The average CoreScore is 78. More...