The renowned shoemaker Timberland has its iconic yellow in the form of a pair of boots. Although initially released as robust footwear for work, it wasn’t long until the coveted pair paved the way for Timberland hiking boots, mountaineering boots, trail shoes, and other outdoor gear to gain equal attention and clamor among raving fans.
Timberland is a household name, not only in the United States but also in the whole world. In 1952, half of the interest of The Abington Shoe Company was bought by Nathan Swartz. After gaining interest, he decided in 1955 to buy out the other shareholders. The success of the shoe company was steady that they had to move to bigger premises in New Market, New Hampshire. However, it wasn’t until 1973 when the company was renamed to Timberland. There has been no sign that the company is slowing down. For Timberland, the world is brighter, and it all started with the cult-favorite yellow boot.
Why people love Timberland
Best Timberland hiking boots - January 2019
Several Timberland products have been well-received in the market like the classic boat shoe, 6-inch boot, and walking boots. The great style and performance are just two reasons why this footgear have been favored by fans. The brand is primarily known for choosing excellent materials that are sourced through environmentally-friendly processes.
Timberland not only promises to use the best materials available but also to make sure that there are no animals harmed in acquiring them and that the use of harmful chemicals lessened. All of these ways are part of the brand’s efforts to produce products responsibly, protect the outdoors, and serve different communities.
Timberland hiking boots themselves are a wonder to behold. They come in a variety of styles and are equipped with features that protect, improve performance, and provide the support needed by wearers. With a wide range of models to choose from, men and women outdoor lovers can certainly count on the brand to offer them the gear that lets them enjoy more adventures.
Benefits of wearing Timberland hiking boots
Droves of fans have great things to say about Timberland hiking boots. Here are some of the traits that owners are praising their pair for:
Comfort and fit
What the maker wants for their consumers are great-fitting boots. One model that is well-loved by followers is the Euro Hiker. This looks beefy because it is packed with different comfort features which include a full-grain leather upper, Cordura fabric, and EVA midsole. Through these materials, wearers get a rugged boot that also keeps the feet feeling cozy.
A variety of comfort features are also added to make sure blisters and other injuries are avoided. The Euro Sprint Hiker has a padded collar that improves the coziness that wearers experience.
The true-to-size fit of Timberland hiking boots is also praised by many. Each pair is engineered to fit standard American size. Many of the designs are also offered in half sizes to suit those who are in between sizes.
One of the things that made Timberland a household name is the quality of its products. For a brand that was built away from the Italian mountains, the durability of its offerings has been one of the tickets that catapulted the maker to outdoor footwear fame. The brand maintains their reputation by choosing durable components like leather and synthetic uppers, dependable EVA midsoles, steel shank, waterproof lining, and high-traction rubber outsoles.
When enjoying outdoor activities, one of the things that people worry about is stability. Timberland hiking boots have been equipped with comfortable and supportive EVA midsoles that absorb shock and provide cushioning. This is a vital trait, especially that the ground to foot contact can wear adventurers early.
Timberland hiking boots are also popular for their outsoles that are partly made of recycled rubber. In 2009, the company announced that it would be using recycled rubber for its footwear. This, in partnership with Green Rubber, is an effort to support a low-carbon footprint in its Earthkeepers line.
The makers guarantee that this material is not just chosen because it is green. They ensure that it lives up to the performance standards they set. True enough, the secure foothold this afford wearers has been praised.
Walking around the wilderness to conquer new heights or to just break free from the stress of daily life can be jeopardized by a variety of elements and animals that could injure people. Exposure to these obstacles is addressed in Timberland hiking boots by using robust materials and employing protective features. The Men’s Flume Mid Waterproof, for instance, features a gusseted tongue that keeps debris out.
Qualities of Timberland hiking boots
When it comes to outdoor boots, each part and component should be well-thought of, or the wearer will be in danger. Exposure to the elements is one of the major considerations of makers. Timberland hiking boots are packed with the needed features to make each outing memorable and injury-free.
Sourced from both natural and synthetic facilities, the components of every pair of Timberland hiking boots are used to make every wearer at ease even with all the harsh elements outdoors. These are things that make your gear dependable:
- Full-grain leather. The footwear industry has been using different kinds of leather. Among these types, full-grain stands as the It is considered the toughest as it is made from the whole hide of the animal. The layer is also tighter, so it resists moisture well. As this incorporates the entire grain, it also inherited its natural toughness.
- Nubuck leather. There are also some Timberland hiking boots that have a nubuck upper. This refers to the top-grain of cattle leather which has been sanded or buffed to achieve a velvet-like surface. As a footgear component, it is known for being resistant to wear and can also be dyed to come up with more color options.
- EVA. Ethylene vinyl acetate or EVA is known for its capacity to disperse weight while keeping the feet stable. As a component of Timberland hiking boots, it affords wearers cushioning and comfort when tackling challenging terrain.
- Steel shank. The shank is the part of the shoes that help ease the burden of carrying heavy loads. Found between the midsole and outsole, this rigid structure also contributes to the protective element of the footwear.
- Recycled rubber outsole. Part of the company’s conversion efforts is the introduction of recycled outsoles composed of crumb rubber from tires. In 2010, they developed recycled rubber outsoles which are made of at least 35 percent pre-consumer recycled latex. These were used in Timberland hiking boots and other products.
- Solid rubber outsole with multi-directional lugs. Aside from recycled rubber soles, Timberland hiking boots also come in solid rubber soles which have multi-directional lugs that give ample traction on a variety of terrain.
Part of the durability, function, and comfort of Timberland hiking boots is attributed to the technologies used. Take a look at some:
- Cordura nylon fabric. A popular collection of fabric technologies is Cordura. This is usually made of nylon blended with natural fibers like cotton. This is used for many products like luggage, trousers, military wear, and activewear.
- 50 percent PET breathable linings. True to its commitment to using materials that help reduce the wastes thrown into landfills, water bottles are recycled to create a 50 percent recycled PET linings which are used on Timberland hiking boots. Aside from being friendly to the environment, it is also comfortable, breathable, and durable.
- Waterproofing. Timberland hiking boots mostly come with waterproof leather which uses waterproof impregnated properties, so they become part of the material during the tanning process. This could either come by seam-sealing or by using a waterproof membrane.
- Timber-Dry waterproof technology. Products like the Mt. Maddsen are waterproof hikers that feature the Timber-Dry technology. This is using a membrane or lining that helps keep the feet dry and is made with 50 percent recycled plastic bottles.
- S.F.P motion efficiency system. The foot is an amazing part of the body, so much that with just a single step, there are many things going on: braking, flexing, supporting, and propelling. All of these happen along a curved center pressure path. The B.S.F.P motion technology features lugs that are lined along the area . The result is improved traction, motion efficiency and longer performance.
- Anti-fatigue technology. This is made for people who spend a long time walking around. This exclusive technology, placed in the midsole, uses geometric cone support to deliver shock absorption and standing comfort.
Timberland hiking boots are known for their functionality. They can be worn to conquer summits or for laidback adventures in-between. The best thing about this gear is the price. For $110, a dependable and earth-friendly pair could augment your footwear options.
Timberland hiking boots and other products from the maker are well-loved in different parts of the globe. To make sure every follower gets a chance to own a pair of their own, the company has international distributors in Europe, Middle East, Asia, North Africa, and Mexico, Central, and South America. There are also retailers in various countries ready to cater to outdoor lovers.
Some popular Timberland hiking boots
The brand may be known for its cult-favorite yellow boot. But for its outdoor line, several models are also charming their way to the hearts of fans. Timberland hiking boots like the Euro Hiker, Norwood Mid Waterproof, Euro Sprint Hiker, Flume Mid Waterproof, Jacquard Euro Hiker, and Mt. Maddsen Mid Waterproof are well-loved by many.
Timberland hiking boots FAQs
How do I make sure that the Timberland hiking boots fit?
The products from the maker are engineered to American size standards. While it promises to deliver true-to-size fit, sizing charts are also made available for easier conversion. You can check the provided charts to verify the sizing standard you are accustomed to.
What is the best way to fit Timberland hiking boots?
The search for the perfect fit of Timberland hiking boots is like the Prince’s search for the rightful owner of the glass slippers. The best way to determine if the footwear is the perfect fit is if it makes the feet comfortable. There should be no hot spots. As romantics would put it, the pair that is perfect for you fit like a glove and will make you feel like you are not wearing anything. To end your search and to help you make the best choice, here are some of the tried-and-tested ways to choose the “one”:
- Shop at the end of the day. You may not realize it, but your feet actually swell later in the day. Although the difference is not too much, this could actually mean a lot when you are out in the wilderness. While you are out on the trail, your feet will also “swell” thus, you would want to shop shoes that can accommodate them in that condition. Going to a store and fitting Timberland hiking boots at the end of the day will spare you from the torture of blisters later on.
- Try them on with the socks you will be hiking in. As much as the swelling of your feet at the end of the day could affect the snugness of Timberland hiking boots so does the socks you will fit them with. Make sure to get your favorite socks to get the accurate fit.
- Try on as many pairs as you can. If you can spare the time to visit a store, make good use of such time and try on as many Timberland hiking boots as you can. Do not stop until you are sure that you got the right pair.
- Shop around. There are plenty of shops offering Timberland hiking boots. Do not be afraid to go from one shop to another until you find the one that you feel most comfortable with.
Can I place orders for Timberland hiking boots online?
Acknowledging that there are a lot of people who don’t have the luxury of time to visit physical stores, Timberland hiking boots are also made available online. When checking the maker’s website, customize it according to the country or region where you are living since there are shipping restrictions that are observed.
Be mindful as well of the conditions set by the maker when it comes to returning Timberland hiking boots. The orders can only be replaced but not refunded.
Is there a need to break in Timberland hiking boots?
What is one thing that people dread when it comes to wearing a new pair of footwear? If your answer is getting blisters, then you are right. This is indeed considered the doom of wearing a pair for the first time, and the torture could be much worse if you are out to conquer new adventures. The solution experts give is to break them in.
Breaking in means wearing your pair of Timberland hiking boots around for a couple of hours every day before a major trip so they can conform to the shape of the feet. One could start walking them around the house and out into the backyard or to a nearby park. The intensity of each walk could be increased and if there are ramps around, practicing in them is also a sound move.
What is the best way to clean and protect my Timberland hiking boots?
A huge part of maximizing the lifespan of footgear is through proper cleaning and storage. As Timberland hiking boots are your companions during rugged adventures. Taking good care of them matters.
The shoemaker recommends for the gear to be treated before even stepping out. After your trip, you can also follow these simple steps:
- Use a fine cloth or soft brush to remove the dirt.
- Use treatment and other shoe care products to keep the leather hiker in good condition.
- Let it rest and air dry.
- Store in a cool and dry place away from direct heat sources.
Are my Timberland hiking boots covered by warranty?
Timberland hiking boots, the maker guarantees, are crafted using the best materials and have gone through a stringent quality control standard. However, no one that can guarantee that they are 100 percent sure of releasing defect-free products. For this reason, all of the products are warranted free of defects in both material and craftsmanship for 12 months from purchase.
It is however made clear that the warranty only covers factory defects and not damages due to natural wear and tear. Furthermore, it will not apply to products that have been misused, neglected, modified, or repaired by an unauthorized dealer.
Are there wide Timberland hiking boots for men?
As not all people have standard width feet, the maker also caters to individuals with wide feet. Some Timberland hiking boots – which include the Chocorua Trail 2.0, Mt. Maddsen Mid, Classic Euro Hiker, and Plymouth Trail – are offered in wide options.
Are there Timberland hiking boots for women?
Understanding that there are differences in the foot anatomy between genders, Timberland hiking boots for women are also available. These are offered in American standard sizes and even come with various features and technologies to provide comfort and support on the trail.
What are other services offered by the maker?
While Timberland hiking boots are only covered by a limited warranty, certain maintenance services are offered to those who want extra care and attention for their gear. Timberland offers complimentary cleaning and conditioning for pairs.
Why are Timberland hiking boots made with recycled materials?
Owners of Timberland hiking boots may read on the label that there are recycled materials used in them. Such is the maker’s effort to help the environment by recycling waste instead of letting these land in landfills.
Some of the shoemaker’s recycled parts are polyester found in plastic bottles which were made into components of waterproof and breathable linings, and recycled rubber which were turned into outsoles.
Can the recycled rubber outsoles provide excellent traction?
While the recycled rubber outsoles used on Timberland hiking boots are earning praises from environment groups, there are also others who may have doubts about the traction they can offer. The maker, however, promises that these outsoles are not just cutting down on waste but also provide wearers with the traction needed when tackling different trails.
Is there a way to keep leather Timberland hiking boots soft and supple?
Keeping the leather upper of Timberland hiking boots in good condition and comfortable when worn means using products that can help maintain its softness without affecting the breathability. Consider checking first if the product you have in mind is safe to apply on the type of leather your boots you have.
6 best Timberland hiking boots
- Timberland Euro Sprint Hiker
- Timberland Flume Mid Waterproof
- Timberland Mt. Maddsen Mid Waterproof
- Timberland World Hiker Mid
- Timberland Euro Hiker
- Timberland White Ledge Mid Waterproof
A score from 1 to 100 that summarizes opinions from users and experts. The average CoreScore is 78. More...