$150 $90 Save 40%
Any color$150 $75 Save 50%
Any color$160 $80 Save 50%
Any color$130 $78 Save 40%
Any color$160 $83 Save 48%
Any color$140 $60 Save 57%
Any color$160 $85 Save 47%
Any color$100 $35 Save 65%
Any color$150 $70 Save 53%
$120 $88 Save 27%
Any color$70 $56 Save 20%
Any color$180 $100 Save 44%
$90 $45 Save 50%
$100 $75 Save 25%
Any color$120 $55 Save 54%
$150 $96 Save 36%
Any color$200 $120 Save 40%
$125 $100 Save 20%
$150 $130 Save 13%
Any color$60 $45 Save 25%
$130 $102 Save 22%
$160 $80 Save 50%
$120 $50 Save 58%
$120 $75 Save 38%
$160 $120 Save 25%
Any color$120 $40 Save 67%
$150 $133 Save 11%
Silver as an element
Silver is a soft, lustrous, white metal, and it can be found in the Earth’s crust, in minerals, or as an alloy with other metals. Silver is considered as a precious metal, and it is sometimes used in currency and as an investment medium.
Silver exhibits many characteristics, including antibacterial properties, high electrical conductivity, low chemical reactivity, high thermal conductivity, reflectivity, and in some cases, edibility. Silver is one of the seven metals of antiquity and has had a regular role in most human cultures.
Silver as a color
Silver could also be described as “metallic gray,” as it resembles a polished, shiny version of the gray color. As a color, silver is associated with the visual appearance of its element counterpart. Its metallic finish is unique and cannot be reproduced by a pure solid color.
A Bit of color psychology
The metallic nature of silver makes the color associated with illumination and reflection. Silver symbolizes wealth, strength, and progress, as it is usually connected to currency, tools, machinery, and technology. The color also represents the moon, its light, and the energy it gives off.
The color silver in running shoes translates to an image of glamour. It gives the shoe a sleek and modern look; something premium, but not too extravagant. Wearing a silver running shoe brings an energetic vibe and gives the feeling of subtle sophistication.
A unique shoe color
If you are in search of new running shoes, the design or color is usually one of the factors you consider before settling on a pair that fits your preferences. The usual running shoes come in shades of blue, green, pink, yellow, and orange; and in neutrals of black and white. But how about a silver running shoe? Not quite the usual choice for shoe color, is it?
A silver running shoe is indeed a unique addition to any runner’s gear. Not to mention, it is eye-catching and an enjoyable conversation topic. You don’t, however, need to worry about silver running shoes looking like a part of a knight’s armor; just because it is a metallic color does not mean it will look tacky in a running shoe.
There are numerous silver running shoes available on the market today that could give your running outfit (and even your overall wardrobe) that extra flair. Who says running and style don’t go together?
Different shades of silver
- Pale Silver. This shade is not an extremely neutral grayscale color, instead a warm gray with slight undertones of orange-red. An example of a pale silver running shoe would be the women’s version of Nike Air Max Excellerate 5. This color gives out a hint of shine as the silver shade is noticeable and it is more towards a warm hue than a cool one; giving the shoe a style that is suitable not only for running but also for leisure.
- Silver Pink. Although more common in interior design, this color can also be found in some silver running shoes. Nowadays, pink is considered a feminine color; thus, most running shoes that have a pink shade are women’s versions. Although just a faint tint, the Brooks Glycerin 15 is an excellent daily running shoe; it has traces of silver pink across the upper of the Silver/Gray/Rose colorway of the women’s version.
- Silver Sand. This one is a deeper and slightly darker shade of the original silver color yet in the same neutrality. The Brooks Beast 16 is a silver running shoe with a high stack height, as it caters to severe overpronators; the silver sand color could be found in the Silver/Electric Brooks Blue/Ebony colorway. The men’s Asics Gel Excite 4 in Carbon/Silver/Black installs its overlays in the silver sand color, with an overall construction that is ideal for entry-level runners.
- Silver Chalice. The silver chalice color is a tad darker than the silver sand; with a difference that is almost unnoticeable. With the right color combinations, though, runners will be able to appreciate this color better. The Under Armour Charged Bandit 3 in the Glacier Gray/Rhino Gray/White colorway shows this shade handsomely through a gradient-style upper color.
- Roman Silver. A deep dark shade of silver with a slight hint of a cool hue, this would be the best way to describe roman silver as a color. One color variant of the daily runner Reebok Pheehan Run 4.0 highlights the roman silver midfoot overlays from the grayish-indigo mesh upper.
- Old Silver. The name of this color was derived from its appearance of tarnished silver metal, which is dark with neutral undertones. Another name for this color is battleship gray. The Mizuno Wave Rider 21 is a fitting example of a shoe with this color, in their men’s version colorway of Quiet Shade/Silver/Formula One.
- Sonic Silver. Possibly the darkest shade of silver that is currently named, the sonic silver color came to be after Crayola® formulated their Metallic FX specialty crayons. The Mizuno Wave Creation 19 men’s version in the Silver/Diamond colorway provides an exciting and appealing balance between light and dark, efficiently emphasizing the sonic silver color in the shoe’s upper.
Reasons for choosing silver running shoes
There are numerous options for silver running shoes, ranging from pairs with slight silver highlights to full-on metallic shiny finishes. However, if you cannot decide if you should – or would – purchase silver running shoes, here are a few factors you can consider:
The first thing anyone would notice in a running shoe (or any shoe, for that matter) is design. If you are fashion-savvy, a silver running shoe would be a striking element to add to your running ensemble. No matter your preference, you can find a silver running shoe for yourself: Either one with a completely silver upper, or one with silver details. The Nike Air VaporMax Flyknit incorporates silver in a few of their various color combinations. Meanwhile, the Nike Free RN 2017 has hints of silver within a black-and-gray shoe. Likewise, the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 18 provides the same color layout in a shoe that is designed for severe overpronators.
Some silver running shoes are colored as such not only for aesthetic purposes but also to imply a feature or technology present. The most common example would be silver reflectors in some running shoes that provide visibility during low-light conditions, such as nighttime or dawn. The Saucony Cohesion 10 has reflective details on the printed logo. Meanwhile, the Puma Speed 500 Ignite NightCat includes reflective overlays across the midfoot area. The Reebok Pump Plus Night has a reflective coating over the upper but has managed to keep the silver details to a minimum.
Support and protection
There are running shoes that get a hint of silver from some supportive and protective elements in their construction. Such features could be in the form of overlays in the upper, such as the Asics Gel Venture 6 in Men’s Frost Gray/Phantom/Black or the Mizuno Wave Prophecy 6 in Men’s White/Silver/Gold. Another silver element could be the toe guards, like the Brooks Ghost 10 in Men’s Primer Gray/Metallic Charcoal/Ebony. Meanwhile, there are also silver-colored heel cups (Asics GT 2005 in Men’s Silver/Black/Hot Orange), and even ankle collars (New Balance 990 v4 in Men’s Magnet/Silver Mink). Aside from serving their intended purposes, these portions are possibly silver-colored to give the shoe some highlights or to distinguish them from the rest of the shoe.
Silver running shoes for men
- Asics GT 1000 6 - A road-running shoe designed for overpronation, the GT 1000 6 is a durable and comfortable shoe that can withstand long Many users praised this shoe for its reliable performance and affordable price. The silver color can be seen in the Black/Silver/Gold Fusion colorway.
- Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 34 - The Pegasus 34 is one of Nike’s highly-rated running shoes because of its comfort level, responsive cushioning, and impressive With the shoe’s numerous color options, the silver color is present in many of its colorways, such as Black/Metallic Silver/Bright Crimson and Pure Platinum/Anthracite.
- New Balance Fresh Foam Arishi - For competitive runners, the Fresh Foam Arishi brings a balance of comfort, responsiveness, and breathability. Some wearers will appreciate the versatile appearance of this shoe, which can be worn both as a performance shoe and a lifestyle sneaker. The silver color is offered in the eye-catching Silver Mink/Gunmetal colorway, as well as the understated Phantom/Pacific one.
- Brooks Anthem - The Brooks Anthem encourages a natural stride while providing excellent support in the arch and ankle, as experienced by runners. Users have praised the shoe for its comfortable wear and steady performance. The Ebony/Black/Gray colorway presents a subtle yet appealing hint of the silver color.
- New Balance Fresh Foam Cruz - The Fresh Foam Cruz is a daily runner with a lightweight cushioning and a seamless fit. This shoe is suitable for everyday workouts and training, as stated by wearers. Shades of silver are visible in the Castlerock/Sea Salt and the Gunmetal/White colorways.
Silver running shoes for women
- Asics Gel Contend 4 - The Contend 4 is a road-running shoe that caters to various foot volumes with its roomy toe box and midfoot area. Runners consider this shoe to be a reliable and sturdy shoe for short-distance training. The Mid Gray/Glacier Sea/Silver and the Silver/Aquamarine/Sharp Green colorways provide a unique shine to the shoe.
- Saucony Guide ISO - For ladies who are looking for stability shoes, the Guide ISO is a good option because of its lightweight structure and a glove-like It has a minimal structure that will accommodate narrow and moderate foot volumes the best. The Gray/Mint/Orange colorway displays hints of shiny silver on small yet unmissable details.
- Saucony Omni 16 - Meanwhile, another stability shoe choice would be the Saucony Omni 16. In the Gray/Blue colorway, the shoe exhibits flecks of silver in easy to notice areas, such as the printed logo and the heel cup. Users have praised this shoe because of its shock-absorbing capability and overall cushioning system.
- New Balance 940 v3 - The 940 v3 proved to be a remarkable shoe among wearers because of its excellent arch support and efficient midsole technology. Its Silver/Gray/White colorway gives the metallic feel, but not an exaggerated shine. This shoe is a suitable choice for those who are willing to spend a little more
- New Balance 1540 v2 - Another shoe from New Balance, the 1540 v2 is an option for severe overpronators. It boasts of top-of-the-line technologies that enable the midsole to provide adequate support, as well as full-length, responsive cushioning. The Silver/Green colorway is a reasonably simple combination yet elegant because of the silver details in the overlays.
How to care for silver running shoes
Although not as high-maintenance as the actual silver element or the silver metal, silver running shoes are unique and should still be cared for properly. Here are some pointers you could follow for looking after your silver running shoes:
- Do not use pressurized water as a cleaning method. Some silver running shoes are made from metallic fabric. As such, running water from the faucet or washing machines should be avoided because they could potentially damage the construction of the structure. In this regard, you should also take note if your silver running shoe has other materials that require particular
- The silver-colored fabric is different from silver metal. Take care not to use cleaning substances, especially those that consist of abrasive chemicals. These cleaning solutions might be destructive to upper fabrics and could cause them to deteriorate. Not to mention, such compounds could be toxic.
- Use a soft, damp fabric to clean silver running shoes. Wipe your shoes in a gentle motion only. If the dirt or stain is small, blotting the area would be sufficient. Make sure to clean the shoes as soon as possible to prevent stains from setting.
Frequently asked questions
Are silver running shoes expensive?
In a technical sense, no, because the color of a running shoe does not determine its price. Unless the silver color is used to emphasize a technology or feature that is different from previous iterations, the price of a shoe would be the same across all colorways.
Why is my silver running shoe not shiny?
Although the color is inspired by the metal, a silver running shoe does not necessarily have to be shiny or metallic. While there are some renderings or shades of silver that give it a polished look, others have a muted finish. Based on the numerous examples of silver running shoes above, not all of them have a sparkly appearance; some don’t even have “silver” in its colorway name. The materials that are used to create the upper come in varying shades of silver; thus, the finished look will also be variable.
Silver running shoes are a pleasant item to have as part of your running gear. For runners who don’t yet own, but are looking for a new shoe, the silver color is worth considering. Some might like the silver color because of what it symbolizes, while some may prefer to add a touch of elegance to their workout wardrobe. There are many shades of silver abound, but as a neutral color, silver is quite versatile and goes well with any color of outfit.
If not for looks, another reason to choose silver running shoes would be the usefulness it brings to the runner. Some shoes make use of the silver color to distinguish a shoe’s features or technology, such as an overlay, a reflector, or a toe guard.
There are various silver running shoes on the market, and consumers would have no trouble finding one no matter the criteria – arch support, terrain, or type of workout. As a user, one should make sure that their silver running shoes are well-cared for. Some guidelines are worth remembering to keep silver running shoes clean, as well as maintain its longevity.
15 best silver running shoes
- Puma Hybrid NX
- Mizuno Wave Inspire 15
- Asics Gel Contend 4
- Asics Gel Kayano 24
- Mizuno Wave Sky 2
- Mizuno Wave Sky
- Saucony Triumph ISO 5
- Adidas Pure Boost
- Asics Gel Nimbus 21
- Asics Roadhawk FF
- Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 36
- Nike Epic React Flyknit 2
- Saucony Cohesion 11
- Nike Free RN 5.0
- Nike Odyssey React Flyknit 2
A score from 1 to 100 that summarizes opinions from users and experts. The average CoreScore is 78. More...