Saucony has prided and branded itself as a company that is a stickler for the tiniest detail to be done right that the sum of its parts would be a shoe that performs even to a technical standpoint. Proof of the success by sticking to this formula is provided by the more than 100,000 reviews that agree with the excellent job Saucony has done with its running shoes.
Why make the most out of the best Saucony low drop shoes?
- One thing that needs to be clear is that the cushioning is separate from low drop. A shoe that has the same heel and forefoot height does not necessarily mean to be devoid of any kind of cushioning. There are zero drop shoes that are still amply cushioned. Saucony sensibly varied its approach to low drop shoes to serve the needs of various runners.
- Saucony offers low drop shoes that have virtually the most minimal cushioning. They could be considered minimalists in this aspect. The minimal cushioning is built to enforce a better midfoot or forefoot strike. Forefoot or midfoot strikes are short and efficient than the strikes common for most heel strikers.
- The best Saucony low drop shoes with minimal cushioning would allow more freedom of movement and natural cushioning methods by the foot. The foot would be tasked to perform cushioning duties for the majority of the time. This would allow the foot to develop strength in the tendons and ankles.
- There are also low drop shoes made by Saucony that is sufficiently cushioned. This is to provide support for heel strikers or those who would want to transition from a heel to mid or forefoot strike. This is the type of low drop shoe that does not completely do away with heel protection, but at the same time promotes a shift to midfoot or forefoot strike.
- Regardless of how the drop is used or preferred by runners, they all have one thing in common which is unmatched ground perception. The closer the foot sits on the ground, the better the runner analyzes data from the ground. A sure and confident stride is one of the ideas behind low drop shoes. Saucony is doing a great part in making these ideas come true.
- Saucony low drop shoes are good options as an introduction to the true minimalist style of running. The change would be gradual to eliminate any pain or injury when transitioning to a more challenging kind of running.
What should influence you in getting the best Saucony low drop shoes?
- Underfoot protection. XT-900 carbon rubber for exceptional durability is used as well as the IBR+ rubber for superior traction on all kinds of surfaces. These outsole rubbers are lightweight and very durable.
- Heel-to-toe drop Heel offsets common among Saucony low drop shoes are from 4mm below. The differential may not look much, but the lower the drop goes the clearer the sensory feel becomes.
- Cushioning. As always, Saucony incorporates soft cushioning with optimal rebound features. Midsole cushioning foams are incredibly lightweight and resilient.