When you need a pair that can keep your feet dry on trails with water encounters, you should check Salomon Gore-Tex hiking boots out. Their uppers are lined with a Gore-Tex membrane, one of the leading technologies when it comes to waterproofing. This component helps you tackle wet conditions with confidence. Moreover, these quality waterproof hikers come with various features which promote comfort, fit, grip, and support, among others. If you want to keep your feet protected while you're outdoors, better consider these Salomon Gore-Tex hiking boots.
Best Salomon Gore-Tex hiking boots - August 2019
How the best Salomon Gore-Tex hiking boots for men and women keep your feet dry
Some of the trails you're going to tackle will be filled with various wet elements: streams, puddles, and rainy weather, among others. It's crucial to prevent water from penetrating the pair you're wearing. Otherwise, your trip won't be a pleasant one. Salomon Gore-Tex hiking boots are designed to provide you with this advantage. They come with Gore-Tex liners in their uppers to achieve waterproofness. The surface of this membrane uses over a billion microscopic pores per square inch. These pores are small enough to block water while allowing excess moisture and heat to pass through. This function permits your feet to breathe while staying dry from any water-related obstacle you may encounter.
The different membrane types used in the best Salomon Gore-Tex hiking boots
Salomon's Gore-Tex offerings are used for both day hikes and backpacking trips. As such, there are different Gore-Tex variants employed these mid-top and high-top models to protect your feet from the elements. Shown below are the types of liners found in these Salomon Gore-Tex hiking boots
- Performance Comfort. This Gore-Tex liner uses a four-layer laminate design. It consists of the top lining, a moderate insulation layer, a Gore-Tex membrane, and a protective knit material. These layers work together to provide waterproofness, breathability, and an ample amount of insulation for cold environments.
- Insulated Comfort. Gore-Tex's Insulated Comfort technology is engineered mainly to retain heat while giving water protection. Its design also offers ample breathability to allow sweat to escape from the inside. Salomon Gore-Tex hiking boots with Insulated Comfort membranes are commonly used in cold weather conditions.
- Extended Comfort. Salomon Gore-Tex hiking boots equipped with an Extended Comfort laminate are crafted for trips set in warm weather. The liner's construction offers high breathability while preventing water penetration. Its design is ideal for hikers who require heat loss and climate comfort during their adventures.
How to keep your Salomon Gore-Tex hiking boots in top condition
- Use water and a soft-bristled brush to clean your pair after each hike.
- Do not place your Salomon Gore-Tex hiking boots in a washing machine to clean them.
- Leave these hikers in a place with moderate temperatures to dry without the assistance of a direct source of heat, such as the sun.
- Salomon recommends wearing socks whenever you use this footgear product to keep the lining clean, odor-free, and durable.
- The sockliners can be machine-washed according to the brand. Use warm water when doing so. Replace as necessary.
8 best Salomon Gore-Tex hiking boots
- Salomon Quest 4D 3 GTX
- Salomon OUTline Mid GTX
- Salomon Quest Winter GTX
- Salomon Evasion 2 Mid LTR GTX
- Salomon Quest Prime GTX
- Salomon X Ultra 3 Mid GTX
- Salomon Authentic LTR GTX
- Salomon Outback 500 GTX
A score from 1 to 100 that summarizes opinions from users and experts. The average CoreScore is 78. More...