$180 $105 Save 42%
Any color$150 $60 Save 60%
$90 $45 Save 50%
$150 $115 Save 23%
$160 $100 Save 38%
$150 $92 Save 39%
Any color$140 $37 Save 74%
$90 $68 Save 24%
Any color$140 $90 Save 36%
$140 $115 Save 18%
Any color$130 $89 Save 32%
$140 $110 Save 21%
Any color$180 $159 Save 12%
$170 $90 Save 47%
Any color$100 $60 Save 40%
$100 $75 Save 25%
$150 $85 Save 43%
Any color$120 $108 Save 10%
Any color$110 $69 Save 37%
Any color$110 $77 Save 30%
Any color$120 $60 Save 50%
Any color$220 $135 Save 39%
Any color$120 $54 Save 55%
No offers available
$120 $56 Save 53%
$70 $55 Save 21%
Any color$70 $33 Save 53%
Any color$80 $40 Save 50%
Any color$115 $60 Save 48%
Red is described as the primary color in the CMYK and RGB color model. It is the complementary color of cyan that has an approximate wavelength of 625–740 nanometers. The red sky during sunset is a result of Rayleigh scattering. It is defined as the act of scattering light particles with the use of a medium without affecting its wavelength.
The iron oxide is the primary reason for the red color of the planet Mars. The protein hemoglobin makes the color of our blood red. Protein hemoglobin is made up of four protein chains. It consists of two alpha chains and two beta chains. Because of red ochre or hematite, the Grand Canyon is colored-red.
Anthocyanins give the red coloring of red apples, reddish autumn leaves, and ripe strawberries. Anthocyanins are water-soluble vacuolar pigments that may appear purple, blue or red. Both the Rayleigh scattering, and red ochre are forms of iron oxide. The shades of red vary in different colors. It ranges from Vermillion, bluish-red crimson and brilliant yellow-tinged scarlet. These colors also include dark red, burgundy and pale red-pink.
The red color in history
Red pigment was one of the first colors which was used in the prehistoric art. This pigment is made from ochre. The Mayans and the ancient Egyptians used red in painting their faces for ceremonies. The Roman generals colored their bodies red to symbolize victories. In China, it was also a significant color; they used this color for the walls of palaces, early pottery, and gates. In the 19th century, traditional dyes were replaced by the introduction of the first synthetic dyes. Red costumes were dyed with the use of Kermes and cochineal. These brilliant costumes were worn by people who belong to the nobility and wealthy family during the Renaissance period. During that time, the red color became the symbol of revolution as well. Following the Bolshevik Revolution in 1917, Soviet Russia thought of adopting the colored-red flag. Eventually, they were followed by Vietnam, China, and communist countries.
Red is described as the color of blood. Danger, sacrifice, and courage were associated with this color. In China, India and many other Asian countries, this color symbolizes good fortune and happiness. Modern surveys done in Europe and the United States show that the color red is usually associated with joy, love, activity, anger, heat, and sexuality.
Different shades of red running shoes
In choosing the right red running footwear that suits your personality and preference, it is essential to consider not only the shade that you prefer but also the shoe's performance and quality. Burgundy, Vizi Red, Monarch purple, Diva Pink, Neon Fuchsia are some of the variants used in different brands of running shoes.
Here are some of the examples of running shoes that have these colors: Saucony Triumph ISO 4, Saucony Guide ISO, Nike Free RN 2017, Brooks Ghost 10 and Hoka One One Speedgoat. Always remember to choose the perfect red colored running shoe that will make you stand out among others.
Other shades of red are auburn, baby pink, burnt sienna, carmine, carnation, cherry, chestnut, flame, foxy, henna, magenta, maroon, and peach.
Affordable red running shoes for men and women
- Reebok Express Runner. Reebok introduces a straightforward shoe that is strategically designed for beginners. It utilizes a four-way stretch mesh upper that aims to provide a breathable and contoured fit. With the use of IMEVA foam, responsiveness and lightweight cushioning are encouraged. Along with the PowerFrame feature, it integrates the laces and provides the right amount of midfoot support.
- Puma Flexracer. The Puma Flexracer is a road running shoe that is designed for neutral runners. It utilizes the Injected EVA midsole which offers added comfort and support. This minimalist shoe is flexible and provides excellent arch support.
- Reebok Sublite XT Cushion 2.0. For a price that's affordable, this lightweight trainer has made a lot of runners contented because of its excellent arch support, flexibility and cushioning. The upper section is made up of a breathable mesh that promotes proper air ventilation. It keeps the foot fresh and dry during the running activities.
- Puma Carson Runner. Excellent performance and style are offered by the Puma Carson Runner. The combination of durability, cushioning and traction will make every runner happy and contented with their running and walking activities. This shoe is sure to provide maximum breathability because of its air mesh upper. As a result, better inflow and outflow of air are encouraged in the foot-chamber.
- Saucony Cohesion 10. Saucony made several changes in the introduction of the Cohesion 10. The utilization of the Tri-Flex system in the outsole area is one of the most notable changes in the Saucony Cohesion 10. It provides excellent traction, the right amount of flexibility and better shock attenuation. With its affordable price, many runners will be happy to use this shoe for their daily activities.
Popular red shoes for trail running
- Salomon Speedcross 4. This trail running shoe utilizes an updated lug pattern for added grip. With the use of Nylon anti-debris mesh uppers along with water-resistant synthetic leather overlays, the Salomon Speedcross 4 is sure to give the runner a supportive and precise fit. This upper construction of the shoe is essential in maintaining its breathability, flexibility and quick-drying properties. It also provides enhanced traction and improved lateral stability.
- Asics Gel Venture 6. With the redesigned upper and midsole construction of the Asics Gel Venture 6, wearers will feel more confident in their running activities. The upper section utilizes synthetic materials along with stitched down toe bumper for toe protection. It provides added durability as well. It uses the Rearfoot GEL cushioning that aims to provide excellent shock absorption on a wide variety of surfaces. Everyday comfort and great fit will be experienced by runners when they wear the Asics Gel Venture 6.
- Adidas Terrex Swift R GTX. This outdoor shoe is built for runners who want to take fast hiking and running sessions to the next level. The Adidas Terrex Swift R GTX is described to be abrasion-resistant, breathable and lightweight in structure. Featured in the shoe is a GORE-TEX lining. This material is essential in shielding the platform from the water. With the integration of the TRAXION outsole, added traction is offered on slippery and wet surfaces.
- Merrell Trail Glove 4. The minimal look and maximum performance of the Merrell Trail Glove 4 have made a lot of buyers happy with their purchase of this shoe. Its sock-like feel is sure to give runners a locked-down fit. Without a doubt, the Merrell Trail Glove 4 is considered as one of the most versatile running shoes because of its visually-appealing look, durability, and flexibility.
- Salomon S-Lab Sense 6. The 6th version of the Salomon S-Lab Sense utilizes a quick-drying mesh. This breathable material aims to provide a well-ventilated, fresh and dry foot environment. The durable and lightweight single-layer mesh of the Salomon S-Lab 6 is capable of withstanding the hazardous materials that can be found on a wide variety of trails.
Popular red shoes for road running
- Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 34. With the updated upper of the Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 34 when compared to the previous model, this shoe is sure to take any road running activity to the next level. Its improved flexibility and breathability are lauded by the majority of runners. The shoe's level of comfort, support and durability will surely make runners satisfied. The Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 34 provides a more secure and snugger fit without any feeling of restriction.
- Adidas Ultra Boost. This road running shoe is highly recommended by runners who have neutral foot motion. Its durability and midsole responsiveness are some of the reasons why it is considered as "one of the best running shoes" in the market. The Adidas Ultra Boost features a one-piece Primeknit upper securely hugs the foot without sacrificing comfort. Surely, wearers will be able to have an enjoyable and comfortable running experience on a wide variety of paved surfaces.
- Brooks Ghost 10. The Brooks Ghost 10 is a neutral road running shoe that aims to deliver both comfort and excellent performance. It possesses significant updates that provide a more adaptive, smoother and well-cushioned ride. The weight of Brooks 10 is lighter when compared to the previous model. The company made sure that this version will be lightweight in structure.
- Asics Gel Kayano 24. The upper section of the shoe is made up of soft and seamless woven fabric that ensures proper circulation of air into the foot chamber. Many runners were happy because of the Kayano 24's Flytefoam midsole. It provides additional protection and secure feel to the runner's foot. Overall, the majority of the wearers lauded this shoe's excellent construction and performance.
- Nike Air VaporMax Flyknit. The Nike Air VaporMax Flyknit is a running shoe that is ideal for runners who have a neutral gait. It's modern aesthetics, and sock-like design made a lot of consumers happy. The upper area uses fabric that has the same consistency and softness as the woven cloth. The possibility of wearing an actual sock is eliminated because of its upper construction. As a result, it wraps around the foot like a sock.
Psychology of color red
Blue, green, red and yellow are the four psychological primary colors. These colors relate to the body, emotions, mind and the balance between these three things.
Red is one of the most powerful and influential colors. Technically, it is not the most visible, but it has specific properties that catch our attention. So, when buying a red running shoe, one must consider not only the color but also its performance and quality.
Hence, its effectiveness in red running shoes takes the world over. Its effect is physical. When runners wear a red running shoe, it stimulates them. As a result, it raises their pulse rate and makes them more active. Red is the primary and simplest color, but it is powerful. Just like wearing a red running shoe, it is lively, friendly and stimulating. At the same time, red can be very aggressive and demanding. It can also activate the "fight or flight" instinct.
The red color is usually associated with the following positive and negative things: basic survival, energy, "fight or flight," excitement, strength, stimulation, masculinity, warmth, aggression, strain, visual impact and defiance. The same characteristics best describe a red running shoe.
Frequently asked questions on red running shoes
Are red running shoes better than other colors?
In choosing the best running shoe that suits your needs and style, one should consider a lot of things. It should be specifically tailored to your running mechanism, foot shape, and personality. The color may be necessary, but the shoe's performance and versatility should be your top priority. We cannot say that red running shoes are better than blue, green, white or black running shoes. Always remember that there's no such thing as the best shoe, but there's this one particular shoe that's best for each runner.
How to care for my red running shoes?
There are things to remember in taking care of your red running shoes for running. Here are some of the list that you should do to maintain the beauty and integrity of your red running footwear.
- Clean your red running shoe with toothbrush, mild soap and warm water. Do not use laundry detergents in washing your shoe.
- After rinsing, stuff your red running footwear with paper towels, socks or newspaper to preserve the original shape of the running shoe. These things could also help in absorbing moisture.
- Never dry your red running shoe with a dryer. It will destroy its outer and inner materials. You can use a fan in drying your shoe.
- Use baking soda to eliminate shoe odors. Sprinkle a layer of baking soda overnight to neutralize the smell of your red running shoe.
- Unlace the laces to take your shoes off. Don't pull your feet-off without untying them. This will make your red running shoes to last longer.
Can I wear my red running shoes at night?
Yes, you can wear your red running shoes when running at night. Try to be extra careful especially in low-light conditions to ensure your safety. You can also choose to buy a reflective red running shoe for you to be more visible at night.
Is it expensive to buy a red running shoe?
The price of a shoe does not only depend on its color. It may be based on the brand, performance, features, popularity and newest versions available. It doesn’t necessarily mean that a red running shoe is more expensive than a blue, black, pink, white, violet or green running shoes.
15 best red running shoes
- Hoka One One Speedgoat 3
- Adidas Ultraboost 19
- Adidas Adizero Adios 4
- Asics Gel Kayano 25
- New Balance Fresh Foam 1080 v9
- Brooks Launch 6
- Asics Gel Quantum 90
- Nike Free RN 2018
- New Balance 990 v4
- On Cloudflow
- Brooks Levitate 2
- Nike Air Zoom Winflo 6
- On Cloud
- Nike Epic React Flyknit 2
- Adidas Ultraboost
A score from 1 to 100 that summarizes opinions from users and experts. The average CoreScore is 78. More...