Gone are the days when the only color that graced the pitch was black. These days, players and coaches alike, even notice the lack of black football boots on the playing field, as bright and flashy boot colorways take center stage. As athletes step out to express their personalities, they do so by sporting trendy designs set in unique color combos. One of the bolder and more exciting options out there today is purple football boots.
The vibrancy of purple owes to the fusion of two other bold colors - blue and red. Experts would say that purple embodies the strength and stability of blue as well as the vivacity of red. Such characteristics are personified in athletes who dare to be different and who are not intimidated by some attention. Purple is also often associated with mystery and royalty, making it quite a fitting hue for wearers who desire to dominate the game with their masterful skill and unmatched prowess.
Whatever persona a wearer wants to convey with their purple football boot, one thing is sure: they are not afraid to stand out!
Not just black or white… there’s also purple!
When it comes to the design and colorways of football boots, the sport has undoubtedly broken tradition. From being the standard, black has now suddenly become a novelty with the increasing saturation of loud colorways on the pitch. Flashy cleats have become the norm as soccer brands have favored color instead of the traditional black in their new boot releases. What could be the reason behind this new trend?
In more recent generations, athletes who entered the playground carried rather strong personalities that did not hesitate to veer away from what everyone else was used to. As they sought to express their individuality, they did so by wearing colored cleats, mainly because everything else had to be uniform.
Shoe companies were also quick to catch up on the changing trends. Advances in shoe technologies made it possible for manufacturers to carry out new designs and integrate new colors into their boots. It wasn’t long until racks were filled with all sorts of colorways from plain reds and whites to more daring colors like purple football boots and even neon cleats.
With the vast array of colors available, players were given a chance to pick those that suited their personality and style. Determined defenders often opted for the more traditional hues like grey football boots, while playmakers and fearless strikers went for more audacious choices like purple football boots and other flashy color combinations.
Notable purple football boots
With the unstoppable popularity of colored cleats, shoe companies have somehow exhausted their efforts to produce boots in all sorts of colorways. Purple football boots are among the many options available for the athletes yearning to express their individuality. Of all the available cleats in this color category, here are the most noteworthy ones:
Adidas F50 Adizero TRX FG SYN
This cleat from Adidas stuns with its Anodized Purple colorway. It features the brand’s Sprintskin technology on its upper that offers superb ball feel with minimal weight. The base of this purple football boot utilizes internal TPU (thermoplastic polyurethane) support bands for better stability. With its Traxion outsole fitted for firm ground surfaces, grip and comfort are assured when playing on firm, natural surfaces. Added comfort is provided by the Ultralight sock-liner that minimizes pressure on the feet.
Nike Mercurial Vapor XI FG
Released in a Purple Dynasty colorway, this football cleat is arguably one of Nike’s royalties. This version of the notable Mercurial Vapor boasts of superior touch owing to its textured synthetic leather upper. Its tongueless construction ensures a snug fit and a firm lockdown. Meanwhile, the compressed nylon plate forms to the shape of the foot for comfort and support. Fitted with firm ground studs, this purple football boot performs impressively on wet but rarely muddy short-grass pitches.
Nike Magista Orden FG
This low top football boot comes in a Hyper Grape-Metallic Silver-Ghost Green colorway. Just that sounds quite over-the-top. Designed with a Kanga-Lite and mesh upper, this flashy boot promises a comfortable fit alongside supreme breathability. Utilizing Nikes ACC (All Conditions Control) technology, it provides consistent ball control in any weather condition. The embossed detail on the upper also helps enhance ball touch.
Nike Elite Tiempo Legend
Taking after the Nike classics, the Elite version of the Tiempo highlights a super-strong and lightweight carbon fiber sole plate. This makes it significantly lighter for better performance on the pitch. This model also features a re-engineered upper that utilizes Kanga-Lite material along with the Nike ACC technology for improved ball control. Set in a contrasting Metallic Mach and Total Orange color combo, this purple football boot is sure to catch some attention on the pitch.
How to extend the life of your purple football boots
Football boots take a lot of the beating on the pitch. With constant and prolonged use or through regular wear and tear, these boots may deteriorate if not taken cared of properly, affecting the way they perform on the pitch. Players need boots that are in top shape to help them boost their game. And since the best cleats don’t come cheap, it is vital that owners take the necessary steps to make them last.
Here are a few tips that can help you better care for your purple football boots, so they last longer:
- Use a purple football boot that fits the shape of your foot. A narrower boot can often lead to damage to the area where the upper meets the outsole. Moreover, a smaller cleat forced on a large foot can most likely result in breakage. This is why it is no less than vital that players get themselves purple football boots that perfectly fit their feet.
- Remember to loosen up the laces of your purple football boots. The right thing to do when trying on football boots is to loosen the laces up until the last eyelet. This helps determine if wearers are comfortable with the tightness it offers. One thing to note is that a good lace fit minimizes pressure on the foot since it is distributed on the shoe’s upper.
- Wear purple football boots that are appropriate to the playing surface. Similar to players, soccer cleats also react differently to playing surfaces. Using the right shoe on the right surface will help players optimum traction that can significantly improve performance. It also reduces the likelihood of injuries, like rolled or twisted ankles. When playing on artificial surfaces, look for shoes that are lightweight but have robust sole plates. This type of surfaces tends to quickly wear down cleats, in comparison to natural grass pitches.
- DO NOT use your purple football boots on hard, non-soccer surfaces. As convenient as it seems, resist putting on your cleats while on your way to a training session or a game. Using your soccer shoe to tread through hard asphalt or concrete surfaces can wear down its studs.
- Observe proper cleaning and drying of your purple football boots. This requires a lot of patience if you seriously intend to make your cleats last. When cleaning, a soft-bristled brush and cold water are your best options. Hot water can compromise the integrity of premium leather and synthetic while chemicals can possibly cause irreparable damage. When drying your football boots, it is best to place newspapers and paper towels to help absorb the moisture.
- Take proper care of leather cleats. There are a lot of great advantages in using leather boots. That includes excellent touch, feel and flexibility. However, they are quite expensive. The key to making them last is to use leather-specific conditioning materials like waxes or oils. This will keep the leather supple since too much exposure to hot weather can harden and dry it out.
Frequently asked questions
Do famous players also wear purple football boots?
Many popular players have been seen wearing a purple football boot. Amongst them is Eden Hazard who is always seen sporting his Nike Mercurial Vapor XI.
Are there purple football boots for women available in the market now?
Yes, there are many options available. Among the popular choices are the Women’s Under Armour Blur Flash IV Firm Ground, Women’s Puma Speed Cat Suede SX, and many others from other brands.
2 best purple football boots
- Nike MercurialX Victory VI Indoor
- Nike MercurialX Victory VI Turf
A score from 1 to 100 that summarizes opinions from users and experts. The average CoreScore is 78. More...