Take one look at Oboz hiking shoes and you’ll immediately notice their quality and workmanship. These products are built to keep you going on your day hike without adding too much weight on your feet. Examine the brand’s low-cut shoes for outdoor enthusiasts and you’ll find a number of technologies in them. These features are designed to keep your feet safe and steady while granting sufficient grip on challenging terrain. Also, comfort is emphasized in these hikers so can successfully complete your trip. If you’re after a piece of gear that can make your hike a memorable one, you should consider Oboz hiking shoes.
Reasons why the best Oboz hiking shoes are favored
Best Oboz hiking shoes - January 2019
Fit and comfort
The most important quality of any footwear is how it fits you. Oboz hiking shoes are designed to provide a snug and comfortable fit. Getting your foot in the hiker won’t be hard because there are pull tabs on the heel and tongue. Those same shoe parts are padded to relieve pressure from your foot. The lacing system locks the foot inside the hiker and prevents it from moving around. The brand’s finest footwear models feature an anatomic ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) footbed for remarkable cushioning. This component also adapts to the contours of your foot for an improved fit. There’s also a 3D molded heel counter found on select shoes to for a snug and secure lockdown.
What can I do to get the exact fit from my Oboz hiking shoes?
- The brand offers hikers for men and women.
- Men’s sizes are around 8 to 14 while women’s Oboz hiking shoes range from 6 to 11.
- Use the actual socks you’re going to wear for a hike when fitting new footgear. In doing so, you’ll have an idea of how the shoes actually feel when you’re wearing them.
- Walk around in these hikers before finalizing the purchase. Your toes should have enough room to wiggle.
- A new pair of Oboz hiking shoes can sometimes be worn straight out of the box. In some cases, the footwear may feel stiff. When this happens, it’s essential to break the hikers in first before heading out on your trip.
The trail you’re going to take is filled with all sorts of uneven surfaces and challenging conditions. Oboz hiking shoes are equipped with high-performance outsoles to prevent you from suddenly slipping. Flip one of the brand’s hikers over, and you’ll find an aggressive lug pattern. These lugs are built to bite into varied ground conditions. The rugged sole’s design extends to the shoe’s sidewalls and heel. This feature helps you have a secure footing on steep-angled grounds.
Carrying a pack over countless trail obstacles can be dangerous if your feet aren’t supported well. Oboz hiking shoes are engineered to deliver this essential requirement. The brand’s best footgear models are equipped with a dual-density EVA midsole to render cushioning and reduce shock. On the inside of a premium Oboz footwear model is an EVA insole which grants arch support. A thermoplastic urethane (TPU) chassis and nylon shank are also present to make the shoe more rigid. All in all, you won’t have a problem tackling all sorts of obstacles because your feet are supported well.
Being on the safe side is a must whenever you hike. Low-cut hikers by Oboz are designed to protect your feet from the elements and dangers you might encounter on a trail. The company’s best hiking shoes that come with a waterproof liner keep your feet dry in varied wet trail conditions. This same liner also allows sweat to pass through, so your feet won’t smell bad during a warm hike. Some of the brand’s shoes possess an outsole that extends to the toe area to prevent stubbing. Also, there are moisture-wicking materials inside the hikers to protect your foot from smelling bad.
Products by Oboz are built to withstand harsh outdoor conditions. The brand’s toughest hiking shoes use a combination of nubuck leather and abrasion-resistant fabrics for the upper. They are reinforced with molded heel counters and toe caps on both ends to make them sturdier.
The company’s finest hikers are fitted with dual-density EVA midsoles and heavy-duty outsoles. These components can endure constant bending and contact with varied ground conditions. Overall, Oboz’s low-cut footgear models are made with an emphasis on durability.
Bonuses of the best Oboz hiking shoes
Oboz started out in 2007 when John Connelly envisioned a footwear line made for outdoor enthusiasts. Connelly’s experience with other companies, such as Keen and Vasque, helped him achieve the kind of product he wanted for the market. His team was guided by the company’s motto “True to the Trail” when they designed and manufactured shoes for trail runners, shoes for hikers and boots for backpackers among others.
Oboz Footwear was purchased in 2018 by Kathmandu, an outdoor retail company based in New Zealand, for around $75 million. Kathmandu also owns other brands, such as Keen, Salomon, Saucony, and Teva. Furthermore, the company’s offerings are available in countries like the United States, United Kingdom, New Zealand, Australia, Japan, and Mexico, among others. There are some outdoor gear websites that sell Oboz hiking shoes and hiking boots to almost any part of the world.
Apart from its line of outdoor footwear, Oboz is also a known for its environmental advocacy. The company is known to plant a tree for every pair sold. In addition, Oboz’s headquarters sources its energy using wind farm technology in Idaho and Washington to reduce carbon emissions.
The company’s line of low-cut hikers contains different price points for consumers. Entry-level Oboz hiking shoes start at $110. Premium footwear models are around $140 because they are equipped with several of the brand’s technologies to improve your performance. Nevertheless, these prices are still very enticing for outdoor junkies who are looking for a shoe that presents a lot of bang for the buck.
- BDry. The brand’s patented waterproofing technology can be found in some of the best Oboz hiking shoes. This liner acts as a shield that prevents water from entering the footwear’s insides while allowing sweat to pass through. It uses a polyurethane bootie and hydrophobic materials in the upper to keep water from being absorbed. The footwear’s lining helps manage sweat to prevent moisture buildup.
- O Fit. The finest Oboz hiking shoes come with O Fit technology. The design of these insoles contains varying densities of EVA in its different section. This grants the user with sufficient cushioning, underfoot comfort, and arch support. The insole’s top layer uses a moisture-wicking fabric to protect your foot from excessive sweating.
- Granite Peak Outsole. The surface of an Oboz’ Granite Peak outsole is filled with a pattern of aggressive lugs to render traction. This outsole also extends to the shoe’s toe section to prevent stubbing. The technology’s name is derived from Montana’s tallest mountain, Granite Peak, of which a map is engraved into the outsole’s design.
- Granite Peak Midsole. Certain Oboz hiking shoes are fitted with a Granite Peak midsole. This component is divided into three – a nylon shank, a dual-density midsole, and a thermoplastic urethane chassis. The combination of these parts provides cushioning, support, and rigidity to the user.
- Sawtoot. Select Oboz hiking shoes are fitted with a Sawtooth outsole to deliver the grip you need on the trail. The outsole’s configuration allows it to be flexible and versatile for varied surfaces. Just like the brand’s Granite Peak outsole, there’s a map of the Sawtooth mountain range molded into its design.
Frequently asked questions about the best Oboz hiking shoes
How can I maintain my hikers in good condition?
- There will be traces of dirt and debris on your Oboz hiking shoes after each use. You should clean off these impurities with the help of a piece of cloth or a soft bristled brush and water. Otherwise, the leather portion of your footgear will deteriorate faster.
- Never use products with harsh ingredients, such as detergents and solvents. Also, don’t clean your Oboz hiking shoes with a washing machine. These practices will affect the quality of your footwear.
- The company recommends the application of a cleaning gel after washing your shoes. This product will thoroughly clean your hikers and make them ready for a waterproofing treatment.
- Every pair of Oboz hiking shoes is coated with a Durable Water Repellent finish. This coating will gradually wear off with each use of your footgear. You can apply a dose of a waterproofing solution on your shoes, as suggested by the brand. In doing so, your footwear’s ability to repel water will be preserved.
- It would be best to use the solutions recommended by Oboz for cleaning and waterproofing treatment.
- After cleaning your Oboz hiking shoes, they should be dried at room temperature. Exposing them to sunlight or a direct source of heat is not recommended.
- Removing the shoes’ insoles and stuffing them with newspapers can speed up the drying process without incurring any complications.
What should I know about Oboz’ warranty policy?
- The brand’s one-year warranty protects Oboz hiking shoes against material defects and workmanship problems.
- If you received a defective pair, you should return it to the store or website you bought them from. Don’t forget the receipt because this will serve as your official proof of purchase.
- In the event your retailer can’t provide assistance, you can contact the brand to have your Oboz hiking shoes evaluated. Fill out a form from the company’s website to start your warranty claim.
- The brand will not honor your claim if the hikers don’t fit, normal usage caused the wear and tear, or if the footwear has been abused.
- It’s going to take around two to three weeks for the entire warranty claim to be processed.
8 best Oboz hiking shoes
- Oboz Sawtooth Low
- Oboz Bridger Low BDry
- Oboz Sawtooth Low BDry
- Oboz Firebrand II Low BDry
- Oboz Traverse Low
- Oboz Sawtooth II Low BDry
- Oboz Tamarack BDry
- Oboz Sawtooth II Low
A score from 1 to 100 that summarizes opinions from users and experts. The average CoreScore is 78. More...