$95 $40 (save 58%)
$150 $47 (save 69%)
$100 $40 (save 60%)
$115 $58 (save 50%)
$115 $56 (save 51%)
$140 $42 (save 70%)
$135 $42 (save 69%)
$140 $86 (save 39%)
Nike Air Max Thea Sneakers
In the history of footwear, it’s been known that the majority of modern sneakers released in the formative years of the footwear industry were made for men. Women were meant to stick to heels, sandals, and whatever feminine footwear that the shoe companies could come out with. “Nothing less, nothing more” was the saying and it applied to even this aspect.
However, with the changing times, the want for quality in today’s world has driven companies to realize that, yes, there is a market amongst women and, yes, women can be appreciative of sneakers, and can be avid sneakerheads, too.
In the world of sneakers, Nike has become a benchmark in terms of footwear, apparel, and sporting goods. The brand has become a big part of the lives of millions of people around the globe. Why? Because it understands what its customers need and want. With that, Nike also understands what women want; a shoe that fits them and everything that encompasses being a woman.
With this in mind, Nike went on to release a plethora of sneakers for women, churning out models and releases that had many women clamoring to get a pair. However, one collection that has female sneakerheads and fashionistas turning heads is the Nike Air Max Thea sneakers.
The History of the Nike Air Max
However, before we get down to the nitty-gritty details of what the Nike Air Max Thea is and everything that supersedes it, we first need to have a slight understanding of the original silhouette. Over the years, Nike has introduced a good number of cushioning technologies to its sneakers, but one line that has remained and withstood the test of time is the Nike Air Max line.
It has earned a place and a spot in the hearts of many sneakerheads, its revolutionary performance mechanism becoming an icon in the world of running as well as in the world of street style. Here are some pivotal points to know about the Air Max:
- The first Air Max sneaker, the Air Max 1, was released in 1987.
- It is also called the Air Max 87.
- Tinker Hatfield is the designer behind the shoe.
- It features the first ever visible Air unit on the sole.
- The increased Air volume equated to a more cushioned landing for runners.
- With its release, the shoe was an instant hit with style-conscious individuals.
All of this paved the way for Nike to come out with different variations of the shoe, one of them being Nike Air Max Thea sneakers line.
Enter the Nike Air Max Thea
The Nike Air Max Thea sneakers join the ranks of iconic Nike Air Max pairs, a real sweet deal for women who were thrilled to have a women-only sneaker from the coveted Air Max family. The sneakers came to be when in 2013, on the 25th anniversary of the Nike Air Max, the brand introduced the public and the world to the Nike Air Max Thea, the new star that would become the famous streetwear sweetheart.
All Nike Air Max Thea shoes feature the breathable and lightweight silhouette of the Air Max but have been made to be much slimmer, holding a slimmed-down beach body. With the very noticeable changes, Nike has retained the superb cushioning, the sneaker’s durability, and the lightweight comfort that all Air Max shoes are known for. A relevantly new member to the family, the Nike Air Max Thea has been dubbed as the modern icon and a must-have for any sneaker queen out there.
What Makes the Women's Nike Air Max Thea Shoes so Appealing?
Simple. Clean. Stylish. There are so many adjectives that can be used to describe Nike Air Max Thea sneakers, but it’s these three words that have many sneakerheads and fans nodding in approval and agreement. With one look at some Nike Air Max Thea shoes, it’s hard not to understand why but for those who have, for some unknown reason, never seen a pair of the kicks, let’s get a little in depth with why the Nike Air Max Thea is a real stunner that wows.
It’s a sneaker that doesn’t need much. In terms of design and silhouette, Nike Air Max Thea sneakers are as simple as it gets without it being too underrated or too overrated. In other words, it’s perfect for keeping it low key yet fashionable in an effortless way.
It’s undeniable; Nike Air Max Thea shoes are just so clean! There’s no other way to describe it. It’s clean in a modest way, in terms of design, color blocking, everything! Nike has made sure that whatever variant one gets of the sneakers, it’ll look good on the feet and with any outfit one has in mind.
Now, even though we’ve established that Nike Air Max Thea sneakers are simple and can be categorized as “no frills” kind of sneakers, Nike has still managed to make Nike Air Max Thea shoes stylish enough to gain the respect of the sneaker community. From the colorway options to the cutting edge elements added to some variants, the Nike Air Max Thea is fashion forward individual’s dream shoe.
The shoes have become so popular that even celebrities sport an iteration or two of the Nike Air Max Thea sneakers. Some artists and celebrities seen wearing Nike Air Max Thea sneakers are siblings Hailey and Bella Hadid, Jade Thirlwall, Kendall Jenner, Vitalia Church, Halsey, Rachel Bilson, Bella Thorne, and Vanessa Hudgens.
Nike Air Max Thea Sneaker Variations
As it goes in any industry, to stay relevant, change, upgrades, and updates need to be made. This is done to keep the public and the market excited. It’s no different with Nike Air Max Thea sneakers, really. Nike has been keeping the interest and attention of sneakerheads with the different iterations of the Nike Air Max Thea, keeping things fresh and cool, and giving people something to look forward to. Let’s take a look at some of the variations of the Nike Air Max Thea sneakers:
Nike Air Max Thea
The OG Thea, the game-changer, the first of firsts. The Nike Air Max Thea cements itself as the benchmark for all Nike Air Max Thea sneakers. This sneaker has retained its prominence in the market, its distinctive style and its reputation reigning supreme. Here’s some more information on it:
- The shoe’s heel is highlighted with large perforations that adds to the breathability.
- The padded collar of the Nike Air Max Thea also has a heel pull tab on it.
- A Solarsoft sockliner has been incorporated into the sneaker.
- The interior of the Nike Air Max Thea is lined with an airy mesh.
- It has a Phylon midsole and outsole for a light cushioning, and for reliable
Nike Air Max Thea SE
Since its release and introduction to the family of Nike Air Max Thea shoes, people have been drawn to the Nike Air Max Thea Special Edition (SE). The overall aesthetics of the shoe inevitably catches attention while still staying true to its roots with the heritage technology found on the midsole still making a statement. Here are some more highlights of the sneaker:
- It has a stylish upper with an attractive metallic finish to it.
- A durable Solarsoft technology in the sockliner offers comfort for any wearer of the Nike Air Max Thea SE.
- The Phylon midsole paired with the Air sole unit makes for a cushiony ride.
- The Nike Air Max Thea SE’s outsole is made of durable rubber.
- It has a waffle tread pattern to it.
Nike Air Max Thea Premium
The beauty of Nike Air Max Thea sneakers is the mere fact that diversity helps in keeping it pertinent. With this Premium Air Max Thea variant, the shoe is precisely what it is, premium. It has been outfitted with top-grade materials and has an attractive upper. Read below to know more:
- The shoe features a pull tab.
- The interior of the Air Max Thea Premium is lined with an airy mesh.
- A traditional lacing system can be found on the sneaker, along with flat tonal laces.
- Depending on the colorway of the sneaker, the materials of the shoe will vary but are mostly made of a mixture of leather, synthetic, and textile.
Nike Air Max Thea Ultra SI
Dependable and lightweight, the Nike Air Max Thea Ultra SI joins the extensive roster of Nike Air Max Thea shoes. It has got a premium feel to it at a price that won’t exactly break the wallet. For ultimate comfort, this pair of sneakers is highly recommended. In bullets below is more information on it:
- This iteration takes inspiration from the Nike Air Max 90’s silhouette.
- It has a comfortable air cushioning system with the visible Max Air unit on the heel.
- The most significant difference on this sneaker is that it’s a bit lighter than usual and has a thinner rubber outsole.
- There are polyurethane inserts at the Phylon midsole.
- Some celebrities have been spotted wearing the Nike Air Max Thea Ultra SI such as Kendall Jenner, Ellie Goulding, and Hailey Baldwin.
Nike Air Max Thea Ultra Flyknit
The minimalistic and speedy looking AM Thea Ultra Flyknit is one of the few Nike Air Max Thea shoes that utilizes Nike’s innovative Flyknit technology. It has been considered to be a streetwear staple by many, and we can definitely see why that is so. Here are some points to know about the Nike Air Max Thea Ulta Flyknit:
- The Nike Air Max Thea Ultra Flyknit has been described to be ultra-modern yet sophisticated.
- A sock-like feel and the freedom of movement is evident once the sneaker is worn, thanks to Nike’s Flyknit technology.
- The sneaker has a cored-out sole unit. This adds flexibility to the shoe.
Nike Air Max Thea LX
Nike Air Max Thea sneakers have been all the craze since the first version came out and Nike doesn’t seem to be slowing down regarding releasing more variations of it. Joining the line is the Nike Air Max Thea LX, a sneaker that is great for the fashion-forward sneakerhead. Here are some reasons why:
- The pair of sneakers is made of leather and has snakeskin accents and overlays to it.
- There is a contrast heel tab on the Nike Air Max Thea LX.
- A woven logo can be seen on the tongue.
- Meanwhile, an embroidered Nike logo is on the sneaker’s heel leather overlay.
- A contrasting toecap adds to the personality of the shoe.
Nike Air Max Thea Ultra SE
Adding to the ultra iteration, the Nike Air Max Thea Ultra SE adds spunk to the already expansive line of Nike Air Max Thea shoes. It’s been given a lifestyle finish of oatmeal, kicking off 2017 with a new colorway. Here are some things about the sneaker's qualities:
- This variation of the Nike Air Max Thea sneakers has a premium aesthetic to it.
- The upper construction of the shoe is made of a reptilian-like textured pattern.
- For the Swooshes and the mudguard panels of the Nike Air Max Thea Ultra SE, tonal suede accents are used.
Keeping things exciting and staying relevant is something that Nike tries very hard to incorporate into its shoes. One way that Nike tries to achieve just that is by releasing well-loved sneakers in different colorways, colorways that are interesting and fun, yet new and stylish. It’s no different with Nike Air Max Thea sneakers, the line receiving colorways options that have given new life to a style that has been around for awhile now. Here’s a quick rundown, in no particular order, on some notable Nike Air Max Thea sneakers’ colorways that have caught our attention:
Nike Air Max Thea Premium “Hologram”
- A glacier ice mesh with ripstop overlays can be seen on the sneakers.
- Orange tones and colors accent the shoe nicely.
- A hologram Swoosh is evident on the Nike Air Max Thea Premium.
Nike Air Max Thea “Multi-color Print”
- The sneaker has the smallest bubbles out of the Nike Air Max Thea shoes.
- It has a multicolor motif.
- It also features a semi-opaque Fuse panel.
Nike Air Max Thea “Legend Red/Polarized Blue”
- It is a tonal grey edition.
- It is mostly Legend Red with Polarized Blue top eyelets.
- There is an early 90s style to it.
Nike Air Max Thea “Flash Lime”
- The Flash Lime color of this Nike Air Max Thea catches attention.
- It has some print on the upper.
- A white Nike Swoosh and midsole contrasts the Flash Lime.
Nike Air Max Thea “Blue Lacquer”
- It has a slim silhouette.
- The sneaker carries a vivid shade of blue.
- Hints of whites on the upper give this sneaker the oceanic vibe it is known for.
- It has a white midsole and a white Nike Swoosh.
Nike Air Max Thea “Cyber”
- This has been considered to be one of the “dopest” colorways on the Nike Air Max Thea sneakers, and on any Nike sneaker.
- The whole sneaker has a Volt-like Cyber hue to it that garners attention easily.
Nike Air Max Thea “Dark Citron”
- A Citron tone engulfs, from top to bottom, the entire upper.
- The vibrant Citron can also be seen on the laces of the sneaker.
- Meanwhile, white midsoles add contrast.
Nike Air Max Thea Joli “Metallic Golden Tan”
- The sneaker has a perforated leather upper that offers the wearer good breathability.
- It has a metallic golden tan finish to it.
- The sneaker’s laces complement the overall tonal look.
- It has a white rubber sole unit.
- Gum accents can be seen on the frontal side as well as the outsole’s rear section.
Nike Air Max Thea “Bright Melon”
- The shoe is draped in a fun and bright melon colorway.
- It has a breathable mesh and synthetic upper.
- Premium detailing accents can be seen on the shoe.
- The mudguard of the sneaker has a croc-skin like texture.
Nike Air Max Thea “Obsidian”
- The colorway works for both the summer and fall seasons.
- It has a dark blue upper.
- Going with the dark blue is a tan leather on the heel overlay.
- Meanwhile, pink is evident on the heel pull tab, the inner lining, and the collar of the sneaker.
- There is an embossed triangular pattern on the leather heel.
Nike Air Max Thea Ultra “Night Maroon”
- This Nike Air Max Thea sneakers iteration was released in the fall of 2016.
- The sneaker is composed of premium textured leather.
- There’s also a textile overlay on the quarter and tongue section of the shoe.
Nike Air Max Thea Ultra “Color Block”
- This is another premium makeover of the Nike Air Max Thea sneakers.
- It has a multicolor paneling on the upper.
- Teal and blue tones of pony hair are found on the quarter panels and the mudguard of the sneaker.
- It also has a black leather toe box, a red textile collar, peach-colored heel pull tabs, and a yellow tongue.
- The clean white rubber sole unit rounds of the shoe’s look nicely.
Nike Air Max Thea SE “Metallic Dark Sea”
- This iteration of the Nike Air Max Thea SE has a bold hue of Metallic Dark Sea.
- The tone covers the entire upper, the laces, the tongue, as well as the heel pull tabs, and the inner lining of the shoe.
- A white Phylon outsole adds to the lightweight comfort of the sneaker, and to the simple two-tone colorway.
- A branded tongue, and perforations on the heels can also be seen.
Nike Air Max Thea Ultra Flyknit “University Red”
- This Nike Air Max Thea shoes Flyknit iteration uses black and red Flyknit for its upper.
- There are additional red detailings on the heel counter and tongue of the sneaker.
Nike Air Max Thea Ultra Flyknit “Precious Metal”
- The shoe’s Flyknit upper is rendered in black and metallic gold.
- There are tonal black leather overlays on the heel and mudguard section of the shoe.
- The Nike Air Max Thea Ultra Flyknit also has metallic gold Swooshes on the side panels.
Nike Air Max Thea Ultra Flyknit “Racer Pink”
- The breathable knitted upper conforms to the shape of the wearer’s foot.
- It has a lovely pink hue to it with medium blue accents.
- On the laces, the rubber sole, and the leather mudguard are tonal white accents.
Eye-Catching Nike Air Max Thea Shoes
Since its inception back in 2013, Nike Air Max Thea sneakers of all sorts have come out to the clamor and love of the public, and, sometimes, the wrath of the people, too. Despite it all, Nike has made sure that unique design options are available for the discerning sneakerheads, for those who want to own a pair of shoes that embody something else altogether. Here’s a list of some of Nike’s most eye-catching Nike Air Max Thea sneakers:
Nike Air Max Thea Woven
This variation of the Nike Air Max Thea shoes has been touted to have all the potential of being a great shoe, and we couldn’t agree. With its sleek look, unique design, and colorway options, the Nike Air Max Thea Woven is a good deal for anyone who wants to own something incomparable. More details about this version are as follows:
- It has tonal uppers and gradient midsoles.
- It also has a distinctive woven built upper.
Nike Air Max Thea Joli
Be summer-ready with this pair of the Nike Air Max Thea sneakers! For fans of the Air Max Thea and unique looking shoes, the Nike Air Max Thea Joli is an excellent addition to one’s collection for sure. Here are some things to know about the sneaker:
- It’s a lighter, die-cut iteration of the original.
- The Nike Air Max Thea Joli has geometrically-shaped holes on it. This gives it the sandal-like feel.
Nike Air Max Thea Jacquard
Nike’s jacquard fabrication has been heralded for its knitted comfort and simplicity, and we can see the appeal of the Nike Air Max Thea Jacquard and why it's a favorite shoe. Here are some things to know about the sneaker's qualities:
- Jacquard is a breathable material utilized in this iteration.
- For this edition, it has a patterned black and gold base.
- A stark black encapsulated the knitted upper of the sneaker.
Nike Air Max Thea Mid
Comfortable, durable, and light, the Mid Top Thea is a sleek and stylish shoe that any woman would want to own as it offers something new yet familiar. It’s a premium shoe the takes its roots from running but, ultimately, functions like a boot that is great for the cold weather. In bullets below is more information on it:
- The shoe is made of premium materials.
- For excellent cushioning, it has been equipped with a visible Air unit.
- The rubber waffle outsole contributes to the durability of the shoe.
- It is equipped with a heel loop for easy on and off removal.
Nike Air Max Thea sneakers have inevitably transformed over the years. Hundreds of versions have come out, but at the top of the game, collaborations are still everything. Here’s a list of some great Nike Air Max Thea collaborations that will surely pique a sneakerheads interest:
Nike Air Max Thea Doernbecher by Addie Peterson
Girls rule, and that’s undoubtedly the theme Addie Peterson is going with for this Nike Air Max Thea sneaker. Diagnosed with cystic fibrosis at the young age of 1, one would never think of Addie as having it with the way she struts her stuff on the waters with her longboard. With this sneaker, the idea of girl power is evident. Here are some things to notice with this collaboration:
- “Fight Like a Girl” and “Just Breathe” wrap around the heel of the sneaker.
- Images of puppies line the inside of the tongue.
- Parts of the upper of the shoe is cased in a polka-dot motif of red and black.
Liberty of London x Nike Air Max Thea “Merlin”
Adding spice to the Nike Air Max Thea sneakers family and the collaboration family of the same line is the Liberty of London x Nike Air Max Thea. Part of a unique collaborative pack, the thematic “Merlin” print takes center stage with this one. Take a closer look with these bullets below:
- The sneaker has a breathable mesh upper and tongue.
- The design consists of circles and concentric squares done in a variety of colorful hues.
- It also features a leather mudguard.
- The Nike Swoosh, the tongue tab, and parts of the outsole have black accents to it.
Nike Beautiful X Air Max Thea Ultra Jacquard Premium
Paying homage to the Olympic track star Joan Benoit Samuelson, this collaboration takes us back to 1984 when she competed in the first ever Women’s Olympic Marathon. Meanwhile, the color accents of the sneaker are inspired by the different running lanes that can be found on the track. Take a closer look:
- The upper is made of woven Jacquard.
- It is done in bold accents of Fuchsia Flash, Pink, Infrared ad Purple.
- The gum bottom soles give the sneaker a premium and elegant feel.
- Hints of black leather can be seen throughout the shoe.
Frequently Asked Questions
When was the Nike Air Max Thea created?
The Nike Air Max Thea sneakers were created in 2013 in commemoration of the 25th anniversary of its original silhouette, the Nike Air Max.
Are the Nike Air Max Thea shoes unisex?
Nike Air Max Thea sneakers are primarily made for women, and it comes exclusively in women’s sizes.
What is the size range of the sneakers?
Nike Air Max Thea sneakers run in women’s sizing, usually from a size 5 to a 12 US. Nike has put up a “fit tip” on its official website though stating that the shoe may run half a size smaller than Nike’s usual and standard sizing.
How do you keep the Nike Air Max Thea shoes clean without ruining it?
To keep the Nike Air Max Thea sneakers clean, and to preserve it and extend its longevity, keep it clean is of utmost importance. This is how it is done:
- From the outsole, remove dirt by using a soft-bristled brush.
- Dirty areas should only be spot-cleaned with a sponge, soft brush or cloth using some water/detergent mixture.
- Get rid of excess detergent by using a clean cloth or sponge dipped in water.
- Air dry shoes at room temperature. Never leave out in the sun to dry.
Can the Nike Air Max Thea sneakers be used for running?
Nike Air Max Thea sneakers are running-inspired and embody lifestyle sneakers perfectly. The market has more suitable shoes that can be used for running, and we recommend going with those instead of the Nike Air Max Thea.
What makes the Nike Air Max Thea comfortable?
The great Air-Sole unit is one of the primary reasons why Nike Air Max Thea sneakers are so comfy to wear.
How can one style the Nike Air Max Thea shoes?
Considered the world’s most famed women’s sneaker, the Nike Air Max Thea is a definite welcome to the lifestyle collection. A shoe for all occasions, it is best paired with leggings, skinny jeans, shorts, jumpers, and the occasional summer dress.
Where can these shoes be bought?
Nike Air Max Thea sneakers are available both in the USA and internationally. There are dedicated sneaker shops that carry and have a variety of Nike Air Max Theas. It is also available in official Nike stores. A physical store also presents an opportunity for buyers who are interested in getting a pair to check out the sneakers and get an exact fit.
Can the sneakers still be bought online though?
There are a good number of online sites that enable sneakerheads to buy the sneaker that they want. Buying online also ups the chances of seeing a broader array of Nike Air Max Thea sneakers. Sometimes, rare iterations of the Nike Air Max Thea can also be found at a higher price, of course.
How can buying counterfeit or fake Nike Air Max Thea casual kicks be avoided?
Counterfeit Nike Air Max Thea sneakers have been making its rounds in the sneaker market. Avoid buying fake sneakers by purchasing from authorized Nike retail shops and affiliated retailers. For those who prefer online shopping, get authentic Nike Air Max Thea sneakers by shopping on Nike.com.
8 best Nike Air Max Thea sneakers
- Nike Air Max Thea Ultra Flyknit
- Nike Air Max Thea Mid
- Nike Air Max Thea Premium
- Nike Air Max Thea Print
- Nike Air Max Thea SE
- Nike Air Max Thea
- Nike Air Max Thea LX
- Nike Air Max Thea Ultra SI
A score from 1 to 100 that summarizes opinions from users and experts. The average CoreScore is 78. More...