Nike Air Max 95 Sneakers
There’s a saying that goes that being the best is great, but to be distinct is even greater as one gets to be the only one born and molded in that way - unique. When it comes to sneakers that have an individuality, that have a personality that can carry the shoe through all on its own, Nike smashes it out of the park with the many sneakers and sneaker collections that it has. One extensive collection it has that has spanned years due to its popularity is the Nike Air Max collection.
This collection has wowed and dazzled many, and the sneakers found in this collection are simply a must-have for many collectors, some variants even more than others. One iteration of the Nike Air Max that has been making waves for over two decades is the Nike Air Max 95. However, to truly understand why Nike Air Max 95 sneakers are such a hit, even to this day, we have to follow the origin of the kicks and how it came to be first.
A Quick Look at the History of the Nike Air Max 95
Back in the 1990s, Nike’s foray into the market of basketball shoes was strong. So strong that this particular market gained significant traction than what running shoes had at the time. However, with the Nike Air Max 95 shoes, Nike wanted to recapture the attention of the public and the sneaker community back to the running footwear category.
To spearhead the project and the conceptualization of the Nike Air Max 95, the brand assigned Nike ACG designer Sergio Lozano. He would eventually bring in a fresh perspective to both the Nike Air Max 95 sneaker and the Air Max family. This sneaker is pretty much a stand out from the rest as, when it was released in 1995, it was visibly different. There was an Air bubble on the forefront, and it sported a black midsole. When Lozano pitched the idea to Nike, he was met with mixed feelings; some liked it, others weren’t to keen on it. But he persevered, and with a little tweak here and there, the Nike Air Max 95 was released. It was well-received and remains to be one of the most sought out and loved Air Max out there.
Nike Air Max 95 Variations
It’s only understandable that with the sheer popularity of the OG Nike Air Max 95 sneakers, a good number of iterations of Nike Air Max 95s would be released. It’s a no-brainer. Here are some of the different Nike Air Max 95 sneakers that sneakerheads should check out:
Nike Air Max 95
The original 95. The first of first. The mother of all Nike Air Max 95 shoes; the Nike Air Max 95. It’s all the hype, and it has received love from all over the world, and from sneakerheads coming from various generations. Read more on what makes the Nike Air Max 95 such a pleasure to wear below:
- It features minimal branding, unlike other Nike footwear.
- A gradient gray was used for the upper to minimize the appearance of dirt, mud, as well as wear-and-tear.
- The Air Max 95 was the first Nike sneaker to have a forefoot air bubble and an exposed heel.
- Superior cushioning has been added to the sneaker’s PU midsole.
Nike Air Max 95 Premium
Fans of the highly popular Air Max line were thrilled when the Nike Air Max 95 Premium came out. This shoe is everything Nike Air Max 95 sneakers wish they were and more. With this sneaker, the craftsmanship and attention to design and detail by Nike creatives can be seen. Here’s some more info on it:
- This iteration has fine details to it and has been constructed with premium materials.
- It has many great popular colorways such as Baby Pink, Midnight Fog, Light Bone, Smokey Blue, and Purple Smoke.
- The air sole unit on the Nike Air Max 95 Premium has a better shock absorption.
- A full-length polyurethane midsole further supports the air sole.
Nike Air Max 95 Essential
A shoe poised as being ahead of its time, the Nike Air Max 95 Essential is a welcome addition to the family of Nike Air Max 95 sneakers. Despite being steeply-priced, Nike fanatics and sneakerheads still flock to get these expensive shoes. Some info on the Nike Air Max 95 Essential can be found below:
- The Essential variety of the AM95 has a sporty yet stylish silhouette to it.
- Its upper gradient design is made of leather and synthetic.
- A deeply-grooved Waffle rubber outsole gives in good impact cushioning.
- There’s an airy in-shoe feel to the Nike Air Max 95 Essential because of the breathable and lightweight mesh.
Nike Air Max Uptempo 95
The Nike Air Max Uptempo 95 has been worn by a handful of great yet underrated basketball players and continues its journey when it comes to amazing fans and sneaker collectors alike. It brings back the nineties b-ball feel and meshes it with the lifestyle Air Max 95 shoes vibe. Here are some points and things to take into account when it comes to the Nike Air Max Uptempo 95:
- The Nike Air Max Uptempo 95 includes a rubber outsole and a foam midsole.
- One of the favorite colorways on this particular sneaker is the “Triple-White” option.
- Four eyelets on the side can be found for a quick lace up.
- It also has a pull tab at the back for comfortable wearing.
- Soulja Boy and DJ Pauly D have been spotted wearing the Nike Air Max Uptempo 95.
Nike Air Max 95 Sneakerboot
Out of all the Nike Air Max 95 sneakers that are available on the market, the Nike Air Max 95 Sneakerboot is both distinct yet recognizable as part of the Air Max 95 family. It’s a stylish sneaker that delivers well in both look, performance, and function. Get to know more about the Nike Air Max 95 Sneakerboot:
- The Nike Air Max 95 Sneakerboot has a ribbed upper.
- A unique feature is a lace-plus-zipper support system.
- It is best paired with active wear.
- The outdoor-designed AM95 Sneakerboot is best used during the cold or winter season.
Nike Air Max 95 Ultra Essential
Released back in September of 2016, the Nike Air Max 95 Ultra Essential shoes joined the Nike Air Max 95 sneakers collection underneath the radar. It’s been lauded to have excellent quality, comfort, and durability. The no-frills Nike Air Max 95 Ultra Essential sneaker has many clamoring to own a pair. Get to know more about the sneaker below:
- It utilizes Ultra outsole tooling.
- The sneaker also has a seamless Hyperfuse upper for lightweight comfort.
- The upper of the Nike Air Max 95 Ultra Essential has layered panels made out of both leather and synthetic.
- A cored-out PU midsole can be found on the sneaker.
- Air bubble units on the rear and forefoot are also evident.
Nike Air Max 95 NIKEiD
Upping the Nike Air Max 95 sneakers collection is the Nike Air Max 95 NIKEiD. NIKEiD allows sneakerheads to design and personalize their own Nike sneakers both online and in specific NIKEiD Studios. Get excited with this Nike Air Max 95 sneaker variant by reading the points below:
- The medial and lateral sides of the sneaker’s lace loops can have alternate colors on it.
- Classic colorway options, mainly “Neon” and “Grape,” are available.
- A whole new multicolor design can also be chosen and customized.
- One can also choose from reflective, suede, or leather materials for the upper.
Nike Air Max 95 Ultra SE
When it came to SEs, It was only a matter of when Nike would drop an SE version of any iteration from the Nike Air Max 95 sneakers collection, and drop it did in the form of Nike Air Max 95 Ultra SE. What can one look forward to with this sneaker? Read more:
- The sneaker features seamless mesh-foam upper.
- Its upper now makes it more light, comfortable, and very breathable.
- It comes in lovely colorway options that are scene stealers.
Nike Air Max 95 Ultra Jacquard
Introduced to the public in 2015 as part of the Nike Air Max 95 sneakers collection, the Nike Air Max 95 Ultra Jacquard was ultimately released in 2016. It’s been considered to be one of the best re-imagined Nike Air Max 95 yet. Here’s a list of some things to take note of with the Nike Air Max 95 Ultra Jacquard:
- The Nike Air Max 95 Ultra Jacquard looks like the modernized version of the O.G.
- With a retained silhouette, the flowing lines on the upper have been replaced with a jacquard construction.
- Flywire cables are also evident on the sneaker.
Nike Womens Air Max 95 Zen Venti Boots
If owning a pair of weird kicks from Nike is on the agenda, then sneakerheads need to add the Zen Venti Boots to their collection seriously; both the Nike Air Max 95 sneakers collection and the eccentric shoe collection. Want to know more about it? Read on:
- It has 16 lace loops.
- An additional foot of material has been added to achieve its look.
- The Nike Womens Air Max 95 Zen Venti Boots also had a side zipper for comfortable wearing.
- It has been dubbed to be rare to find and was only available in select international retailers when it was released.
Nike Air Max 95 Empire
Nike does have a penchant for bringing out weird styles and designs to some of its sneakers and the Nike Air Max 95, so the Nike Air Max 95 Empire isn’t that much of a surprise. It has been considered one of the craziest ones to be released yet, and this sneaker variation of Nike Air Max 95 takes on a high top look. More info on it can be read after this:
- The Nike Air Max 95 Empire has been described to be a mix of a Huarache and a boxing shoe.
- It holds the signature Air Max midsole.
- It also features vents and gaping holes inspired by the Huarache.
- The sneaker doesn’t have much of the Nike Air Max 95 to except for the toe-box.
Nike Air Max 95 Sneaker Collaborations
Collaborations on sneakers have always been a big part of Nike’s identity. Partnering up with many other brands, companies, artists, and individuals add diversity to the brand and allow for sneakerheads and fans to get their hands on something unique, and well thought of.
The same goes for Nike Air Max 95 shoes. This sneaker line from Nike has had its fair share of collaborative works that have ended up with some pretty amazing kicks that look great and become must-haves in their own right. Let’s take an in-depth look at a few of these collaborations:
Nike Air Max 95 x Atmos
Based in Tokyo, Atmos is a prominent Japanese sneaker and streetwear boutique. It has been known to have a connection with both the sneaker community and sneakerheads in the country, and collaborating with Nike is a testament of how much the brand respects its customers and quality, timeless sneakers. Here are some things to notice with the Nike Air Max 95 x Atmos:
- Each shoe has a very distinct Nike shoebox graphic on the upper.
- These graphics also run along the insoles as well as the side walls.
- The colorway is also an ode to the original Air Max 95.
Size? x Dave White x Nike Air Max 95 DW
This collab is the third one between the artists and Nike. It draws inspiration from the UK’s top two most easily recognizable wildlife animal, the fox and the rabbit. It’s one of the most well-loved collaborations in the Nike Air Max 95 sneakers collection. Read below to know a bit about it:
- Sections of artwork are evident on the panels of the sneaker.
- Hairy suede has been applied alongside a soft canvas. This adds depth and dimension.
Stussy x Nike Air Max 95
A clothing brand highly prevalent in the hip-hop and streetwear scene, Stussy’s collaboration with Nike brings in a welcome addition to the Nike Air Max 95 sneakers family. It’s bold, highly appealing, and a dream to look at. Get to know more about the Stussy x Nike Air Max 95 sneakers below:
- The collab sneaker is offered in black/white, olive/yellow/white, and navy/red/white.
- It uses a number of materials for the upper like ripstop, mesh, and suede.
- The Stussy “World Tour” branding can be found on the outsoles and insoles.
- A badge of the Stussy logo is on the tongue.
Stash x Nike Air Max 95
Considered by a lot of Nike fans as one of the greatest original Neon colorways on any pair of Nike Air Max 95 sneakers, the Stash x Nike Air Max 95 is a quick must-have for many sneakerheads and collectors. It’s become a classic and a collaboration that is worthy of being mentioned time and time again. Read more details on it here:
- The sneaker has a speckled midsole, sprayed with Harbor Blue on a black base.
- Its upper is made of durable and weather-ready material.
- The Stash x Nike Air Max 95 has excellently utilized a gradient effect.
Must-Have Nike Air Max 95 Colorways
Colorways, colorways, colorways. When it comes to sneakers, colors have always been an important aspect and factor for many when choosing a sneaker. This applies to any pair of Nike Air Max 95 sneakers that are on the market. Ever since the first pair came out back in 1995, the Nike Air Max 95 has enjoyed a slew of wonderfully colored kicks. Although the OG Neon colorway is the most coveted and still the most loved, it’s always nice to have choices. Here are some Nike Air Max 95 shoes with fresh colors that have managed to gain attention throughout the years:
Nike Air Max 95 “Team Red”
- Red-maroon for the uppers of the Nike Air Max 95 sneaker.
- Smooth leather on the top two side panels of the sneaker.
- On the bottom two side panels, crackled leather has been added.
- The lateral heel swoosh and tongue badge have a crimson detail to it.
- Red Air Max units complement the white midsoles.
Nike Air Max 95 “Snakeskin”
- Above the black midsole unit is the textured snakeskin upper.
- Shades of beiges and browns adorn it.
- A Blue Hero Swoosh can be seen, adding a nice splash of color.
Nike Air Max 95 “Neon and Red”
- Nike Air Max 95 sneakers are classy, and this one is donned in beautiful neon green and red.
- Black can also be found on the upper to contrast the neon colors.
- It has neon green Air Max units on a white midsole.
Nike Air Max 95 “All Over Print”
- The upper is made of the two-tone oval logo in repeating prints.
- Meanwhile, the tongue of the shoe has a small Swoosh.
- For base material, patent leather is incorporated.
- The insoles have a large Nike text on it.
- Classic Nike Air Max 95 midsoles and outsoles finish off the sneaker.
Nike Air Max 95 “LA vs. NYC”
- The left sneaker has a combination of purple and gold on the lacing system, an ode to the L.A. Lakers.
- The right sneaker has orange and blue to it, a New York Knicks nod.
- Nike has made each shoe uses the opposite city’s colorway on the Air Max bubble as well as the tongue badge.
- Nubuck, black leather, and mesh make up the upper.
- The midsoles are a pure black and accentuate the city-specific colors.
- It also come with a five-pack of colored shoe laces.
Nike Air Max 95 “Confetti”
- This is well known for its splatter design and renowned confetti design.
- The midsole, the lower half, as well as the toe cap have the eye-catching confetti design.
- The rest of the sneaker is mostly dressed in white.
Nike Air Max 95 “Embossed Fur”
- The sneaker boasts premium pony hair mudguards.
- It has leather and suede textures to it.
- It is featured in three specific colorways, mainly Smokey Blue, Black, and Cider.
Nike Air Max 95 “Reverse Comet”
- This pair of Nike Air Max 95 sneaker has the clean summer look.
- It has a mostly white upper with a top panel in light grey.
- Two of the side panel have lighter shades of red.
Nike Air Max 95 “Liquid Lime”
- The vibrant green Nike Air Max 95 “Liquid Lime” was released in spring of 2017.
- It has a bright pastel shade throughout the upper.
- The sneaker has a monochromatic finish.
- A classic gum outsole contrasts the colors.
Nike Air Max 95 “Multi-Color”
- A luxurious black leather base can be seen on this pair of Nike Air Max 95 sneakers.
- The tongue of the sneaker has touches of metallic gold on it.
- Synthetic pony hair is used on the toecap and all throughout the side panel waves.
- The multi-color accents are shades of Dark Cayenne, Rio Teal, and Gym Red.
Nike Air Max 95 “Wheat”
- This exquisite pair of Nike Air Max 95 shoes has been lauded to be great for the fall season because of the colorway.
- The upper has been described to have a “workboot-friendly” color.
- It has a suede upper.
- Dotted rope laces can be found on the sneaker.
Nike Air Max 95 “South Beach”
- This iteration of the Air Max 95 from Nike has a mostly black upper.
- The iconic wave side panels come in teal, Hot Lava, and grey.
- The grey color on the upper can be seen extending to the midsole.
Nike Air Max 95 “Cave Purple”
- The “Cave Purple” Air Max 95 utilizes fall-friendly tones, mainly a blend of purple, green, and charcoal
- A purple outer gives the sneaker a distinctive look.
Fun Facts about Nike Air Max 95 Shoes
Fun facts and trivia, many sneakers have its fair share of both, and the Nike Air Max 95 is just one of those kicks that have them, too. A little history is nice, but sometimes it’s also about just kicking back, and reading things that don’t require that much effort to absorb. That’s what makes fun facts so much… fun. Here are some interesting things to know about Nike Air Max 95 sneakers:
- The designer of Nike Air Max 95 sneaker, Sergio Lozano, has also designed other memorable Nike designs such as the ACG Air Mada, and the Air Max 2003.
- The Air Max 95 was a reseller’s favorite in the late 90s, especially in Japan when the reselling market asked for crazy prices for Air Max 95 sneakers in its original colorways.
- Due to high demand for the Air Max 95, especially in the Far East, it was quickly brought back time and time gain, having been released in 1995 and returning almost instantly in 1997.
- The Nike Air Max 95 sneakers instigated a number of Air Max robberies in the country of Japan. In a state where crime rates are practically non-existent, this was very shocking to many and was the nation’s first case of shoe robbery.
- Nike Air Max 95 sneakers were heavily bootlegged, and sold illegally, with questionable looking Air Max 95s appearing here and there for ridiculously low prices at shady looking sneaker shops, and night markets.
- The Nike Air Max 95 has been identified as one of the top sneaker choice for criminals in the UK. Prints of the shoes were usually seen at the scene of past crimes.
- The sneakers never got the 95 in the name until it was the late 1990s. For a while, Nike Air Max 95 sneakers were just known as the Air Max.
- When the original draft of the Air Max 95 was made, there were some minor difference in terms of what is out in the market today such as the embossed “AIR” on the heel, found above the air unit.
Frequently Asked Questions
When was the Nike Air Max 95 created?
The Nike Air Max 95 was created back in 1995 and is one of the main reason why it has the number 95 to its name; to commemorate the year that it was made.
What is the inspiration behind Nike Air Max 95 sneakers?
Designer Sergio Lozano says he gained inspiration from nature, and the human body and anatomy.
- The gradient on Air Max 95 sneakers resembled geographical striations of eroded rock walls.
- The layered panels on the upper resemble muscle fibers and flesh.
- Nylon eyelets were fashioned after ribs.
- Meanwhile, the midsole was designed as the spine.
Are the Nike Air Max 95 shoes for men and women?
The Nike Air Max 95 sneakers have versions made for both men and women, while some variants are unisex.
What is the size range of the Nike Air Max 95 sneakers?
Many Nike Air Max 95 sneakers are available in sizes for men and women. Touted to run true to both size and width, the sneaker is offered in sizes for women from 5.5 to 11 US while men can cop some from sizes 6 to 15 US. Many Nike Air Max 95 sneakers are also available in sizes for kids.
How do you keep the AM95 shoes clean without ruining it?
To make sure that one’s Air Max 95 sneaker is at its peak performance, proper care, as well as maintenance, is highly advised. Here are some tips for keeping those special kicks squeaky clean:
- Dry brush dirt and debris off the upper, the midsole, and the outsole by using a soft-bristle shoe brush or an old toothbrush.
- A mild cleaning detergent or solution can also be made out of warm water and a minimal amount of laundry soap.
- Wash the laces separately by applying a small amount of the mild cleaning detergent made. Massage this well into the laces then rinse, and air dry
- For the soles, put some of the detergent on a soft-bristled brush and proceed to brush the outsole and midsole. Simply dry this with a soft cloth.
- As for the upper, a soft cloth or brush can be used. Blot dry the upper with another cloth and try to get rid of as much dirt and soap as possible. Repeat until satisfied.
- To dry the shoes, merely air dry the pair at room temperature. Never machine wash or dry Nike Air Max 95 sneakers.
What makes the Nike Air Max 95 different from other Air Max sneakers?
With the number of Air Maxes that came out back in the 1990s, the Air Max 95 is a sneaker that was considered an outcast of the group. At the time, it was an entirely brand new approach to running cushioning technology and was the first-ever Nike shoe to have the visible Air unit in the forefoot. It was also the first Air Max to have a black midsole.
How are Nike Air Max 95 sneakers best styled?
When it comes to styling, Nike Air Max 95 sneakers are pretty much a treat to style with. Many like to pair it according to the color scheme it has, and what can match the aesthetics it holds. Usually, shorts, joggers, and jeans look instantly great with the sneakers.
Where can Nike Air Max 95 shoes be bought?
Nike Air Max 95 sneakers are widely available in most Nike stores all over the world, but of course, the sneakers come at a price and a steep one at that. Most sneaker shops can also help one in getting a hold of the sneakers in store.
Can the sneakers also be bought online, too?
Yes, absolutely. Nike Air Max 95 sneakers are also widely available online, found on a number of sites, both the official Nike website and other retailers.
How can buying counterfeit or fake Nike Air Max 95s be avoided?
Knowing how to spot fake Nike Air Max 95 sneakers is one way to avoid buying counterfeit ones. With the amount of bootlegged and copycat 95s out in the world, knowing the design as well as the features of Nike Air Max 95 sneakers better can help greatly in avoiding fakes. Buying from official retailers and credible stores can also greatly assist in decreasing the chances of getting fake Nike Air Max 95 sneakers.
6 best Nike Air Max 95 sneakers
- Nike Air Max 95 Essential
- Nike Air Max 95
- Nike Air Max 95 Premium
- Nike Air Max 95 NRG
- Nike Air Max 95 NS GPX
- Nike Air Max 95 LV8
A score from 1 to 100 that summarizes opinions from users and experts. The average CoreScore is 78. More...