Although reviews are not the sole gauge of a shoe’s performance, the more than 100,000 reviews posted online by elite runners and casual joggers alike are sure proof of New Balance’s critically-acclaimed performance. Without a doubt, New Balance is a trusted brand that is chosen by runners from all corners of the globe for its top class quality.
Why take advantage of the best New Balance stability shoes?
- New Balance stability shoes are equipped with the right kind of support for mild to moderate overpronators. These shoes use either a firmer dual or multi-density foam or a synthetic post to prevent the arch from totally collapsing when the foot rolls inward.
- Another stability feature in most New Balance stability shoes is the stability web. This allows much needed flexibility in the forefoot while at the same time keeping the arch part unyielding from the impact of the rolling motion of the foot. This is the kind of perfect balance that is much sought after in stability shoes and adequately provided by New Balance.
- Excellent heel to toe transition is also made possible by injection molded medial post. This is another foam that compresses at the right place to soften the impact upon landing and flexes afterwards to ease the transition for a powerful toe off movement.
- Since the New Balance stability shoes are packaged with several stability features, the shoe construction is a bit rigid in the overall sense. Torsional rigidity is amply provided and should more than hold the arch in place every time overpronation occurs.
- New Balance stability shoes are available for both track and trail runners. Both are average in weight and structure but differ largely on its outsole configuration. The stability shoe made for the trail has a more aggressive lug pattern to give traction in the most rugged outdoor terrain. It should also be noted that the tamer tread patterns on some of the New Balance trail shoes can allow these to double as a versatile road/trail runner.
- Despite the stability features showcased in the best New Balance stability shoes; these shoes are far from being categorized as clunky or heavy. The material construction of this shoe is from premium lightweight materials that allow the company to package these features in a reasonably light footwear.
- Enhanced cushioning is also substantially provided by New Balance in these stability shoes. The plush feel and snug fit are guaranteed once the runner laces up a pair.
What to look for in the best New Balance stability shoes?
- Medial Structure. Basically the meat of stability shoes is in the medial part of the shoe. Depending on the degree of the overpronation, the runner can have his pick of medial support that ranges from stiffer foam to plastic shank. In either case, these support the arch from taking the brunt of the impact of the inward rolling of the foot.
- Cushioning. Cushioning in New Balance shoes offers the perfect blend of softness for the easing of impact and hardness for a more resilient and longer lasting cushioning.
- Insoles. New Balance stability shoes come with built-in insoles for the needed support. However, there are models in their line that have removable insoles. In this case, the runner can have his own customized insole for better fit and support.