$130 $55 (save 58%)
$150 $82 (save 45%)
$160 $70 (save 56%)
$120 $73 (save 39%)
$140 $85 (save 39%)
$160 $65 (save 59%)
$120 $80 (save 33%)
$135 $66 (save 51%)
$120 $63 (save 48%)
$140 $64 (save 54%)
In more or less 100, 000 performance shoe reviews, Mizuno shoes are proven to be constant favorites among casual and professional runners. Those who want to get a combination of pronation control, cushioning and comfort will truly love the brand’s collection of stability shoes. To pick the perfect support-specific pair, read our shoe reviews.
How can a pair of Mizuno stability shoes enhance trail and road performance?
- The best Mizuno stability shoes are designed for two categories: road and trail. Whether you are a pavement warrior or an adventure seeker, there is a great pair of stability shoes for your cushioning and support needs.
- Stability shoes are bulky in nature. These are incorporated with support-specific technologies to encourage the foot to perform an efficient gait cycle. Cushioning shoes also add to the bulk, thereby adding stability and compromising flexibility.
- Stability shoes are among the most versatile performance shoes today. Its cushioning and support are great for regular running, cross training and casual purposes. Athletes may use them for high mileage runs and recovery runs on the trail and track. Beginners will like the stability they off, as well as the comfort and protection against impact forces and debris.
- The best Mizuno stability shoes are designed for pronation control. The arch side of the midsole is more structured as compared to neutral trainers in order to decelerate inward foot rolls, which is caused by over pronation. Flat-footed runners or those with low arches will benefit from stability shoes.
What to consider before purchasing the best Mizuno stability shoes?
- Cushioning. When you are looking for a performance pair with a lot of cushioning, stability shoes are the answer. As compared to neutral shoes, they have thick and plush cushioning that offers more comfort and better support. However, it is not as cushioned as a pair of motion control shoes. The cushioning in a stability pair will hinder flexibility and ground contact. However, if you crave for a plush underfoot for regular running, cross training, high mileage and recovery runs, and casual activities on the track or trail, get a cushioned platform for a stable and protection-guaranteed ride. Mizuno has great cushioning technologies under its name, such as the Smooth Ride technology and the Mizuno Wave technology.
- Weight. The weight of the shoes should matter if you want to pursue both speed and performance. If you need a light platform, there are a few of the best Mizuno stability shoes that could satisfy you. However, the cushioning and structured features of stability shoes will weigh the shoe down and make it heavier than neutral shoes. You can choose between 200 grams to 250 grams, but above that will not be great for speed.
- Arch Support. The arch support is a main feature in the midsole of a stability shoe. It could be in the form of a shank or a post made from tough yet flexible material. Positioned in the arch side, the medial structure is great for flat-footed runners because it helps decelerate over pronation. If you want to facilitate an efficient gait cycle, pick the best Mizuno stability shoes with a pronounced arch support. Mild to moderate over pronation is usually controlled by most stability trainers, but if you experience a severe biomechanical issue, motion control shoes will do the trick for you.
8 best Mizuno stability running shoes
- Mizuno Wave Inspire 14
- Mizuno Wave Inspire 15
- Mizuno Wave Sky
- Mizuno Wave Horizon 2
- Mizuno Wave Inspire 12
- Mizuno Wave Horizon
- Mizuno Wave Paradox 2
- Mizuno Wave Horizon 3
A score from 1 to 100 that summarizes opinions from users and experts. The average CoreScore is 78. More...