Disclosure: We are reader supported, and earn affiliate commissions when you buy through us.
Mizuno running shoes take pride as high-quality, high-performance footwear that are rooted in the brand’s Japanese heritage, and their neutral running shoes are no exception. Like with many other running shoe brands, the goal of Mizuno is to provide the perfect gear that would improve the output of the athlete. And with neutral running shoes in mind, the aim becomes more targeted as it focuses on a specific market.
What to expect from Mizuno neutral running shoes
With the wide range of options of Mizuno neutral running shoes, it is safe to say that the brand offers variety in terms of function and benefits. However, there are also some consistent qualities that help these running shoes be distinct:
- Versatility - Mizuno neutral running shoes are known for their versatility, both in the premium and the affordable categories. While each running shoe is designed for a particular job or activity, they are also adaptable, in the sense that they could be used in varying situations. Some Mizuno neutral running shoes are built for daily training but are constructed well enough to handle snappy movements in races.
- Lightweight structure - Although this characteristic is not unique to the brand, it is still a notable quality that Mizuno neutral running shoes are lightweight. This makes it easy enough for runners to move in the most natural way possible and, at the same time, produce quick-paced motions that promote a more pleasant running experience.
- Firm and responsive cushioning - Because it is designed for the neutral pronator, the Mizuno neutral running shoes for both men and women are equipped with an underfoot structure that carries the right amount of firmness. Such a quality ideally provides the necessary arch support for the runners with high arches.
How Mizuno neutral running shoes differ from other brands
Apart from the unique technologies that Mizuno neutral running shoes offer, they also possess a variety of qualities and construction styles that cater to the needs of different kinds of runners. Here we enumerate some of the distinctive things about the neutral running shoes from Mizuno:
- Mizuno Wave technology - It might not be an adjective, but as far as distinctive elements go, the Mizuno Wave technology tops the list. This feature is available in almost all of the brand’s offerings, but particularly notable in Mizuno neutral running shoes. While some brands introduce a slew of different shoe technologies, Mizuno delivers them in an all-in-one fashion. The Mizuno Wave technology has many different benefits, including shock absorption, flexible toe-offs, and plush cushioning.
- Close-to-ground sensation - This is another feature that is focused on the midsoles of Mizuno neutral running shoes. As mentioned in the previous section, the cushioning of Mizuno running shoes tend to be firm, which is opposed to the thick and plush cushioning of neutral running shoes from other brands. The firmness of Mizuno neutral running shoes contributes to a better feel of the ground, which many runners find result in more responsiveness.
Frequently asked questions
What is Mizuno’s most popular neutral running shoe?
The Wave Rider series is the Mizuno’s most popular neutral running shoe model to date. With twenty-two years in the market, it is undoubtedly well-known among running enthusiasts. As a high-performing running shoe, the Wave Rider excels in long-distance running and daily training. The shoe is also positively recognized by consumers for its superior-quality construction that remains consistent across its 22 versions.
What are the differences between Mizuno neutral running shoe models?
The Mizuno neutral running shoe category has 36 different models as of this writing. As a prospective buyer, it is certainly overwhelming and difficult to choose from such a wide range of options. However, the choices could be narrowed down as the neutral running shoes have varying functions and benefits. The shoes could be classified according to terrain (road or trail) or use (daily running or competition). Users could also select their Mizuno neutral running shoe according to their preference in stack height, heel-to-toe drop, or weight. There is indeed a running shoe that fits each need of the runner.
Another difference among Mizuno neutral running shoes that is worth noting is the presence of shoe technologies. Some shoes include almost all of the brand’s proprietary tech and is therefore considered the top-tier running shoe, while some are built with a simpler approach as they cater to beginners or casual runners.
Are Mizuno neutral running shoes affordable?
While the lowest-priced Mizuno neutral running shoe is at $100, the average cost of these shoes is at $170, which many would consider as a middle ground in terms of pricing. This means that Mizuno neutral running shoes are relatively affordable, but not the cheapest in the market. Of course, this is a good thing for many consumers who are not after the price but, instead, the quality of the running shoe.
14 best Mizuno neutral running shoes
- Mizuno Wave Rider 23
- Mizuno Wave Sky 2
- Mizuno Wave Rider 22
- Mizuno Wave Shadow 2
- Mizuno Wave Creation 20
- Mizuno Wave Shadow 3
- Mizuno WaveKnit R2
- Mizuno Wave Sky WaveKnit 3
- Mizuno WaveKnit C1
- Mizuno Wave Shadow
- Mizuno Wave Sonic
- Mizuno Wave Rider WaveKnit 3
- Mizuno Wave Prophecy 8
- Mizuno Wave Polaris
A score from 1 to 100 that summarizes opinions from users and experts. The average CoreScore is 78. More...