$95 $48 Save 49%
$110 $50 Save 55%
$180 $88 Save 51%
$80 $50 Save 38%
Any color$80 $30 Save 63%
$80 $45 Save 44%
$160 $95 Save 41%
Any color$75 $23 Save 69%
$65 $40 Save 38%
Any color$90 $65 Save 28%
Any color$50 $35 Save 30%
Any color$50 $43 Save 14%
Any color$80 $54 Save 33%
$75 $50 Save 33%
$100 $84 Save 16%
Any color$60 $56 Save 7%
Any color$90 $45 Save 50%
Any color$63 $51 Save 19%
$57 $30 Save 47%
Any color$70 $45 Save 36%
Any color$45 $28 Save 38%
Any color$80 $32 Save 60%
Any color$100 $76 Save 24%
Any color$80 $23 Save 71%
No offers available
$40 $33 Save 18%
Soccer, as a sport, covers a vast range of playing surfaces that not all people are aware of. Oftentimes, the sport is just associated with natural firm ground arenas. However, players worldwide have adapted the popular game to different types of fields including artificial grass. One of which is turf, also known as Astroturf.
Turf playing fields are ideal for five-a-side games. It is a version of soccer that requires a smaller pitch, shorter game time, and smaller goals. Typically, the playing arena is enclosed by a cage to keep the ball inside the pitch all throughout the game.
Players of Five-a-side and its other variations often use turf soccer cleats. The turf shoe’s soleplate configuration is designed to provide the best traction on synthetic grass. Instead of longer studs found on firm ground soccer cleats, turf shoes are installed with short, multiple and densely arranged rubber studs.
In the 1970s, these rubber-studded shoes began emerging to adapt to the pace of soccer games played on turf. While almost all turf shoes have rubber soles, most of their upper are styled in low-top fashion, similar to the standard firm ground soccer shoes. Here are some of the reasons why low top turf soccer cleats are a good choice for Astroturf playing.
Advantages of Low Top turf soccer cleats
While the new wave of mid top soccer shoes are slowly becoming the top trend, the low top cleats will always be the go-to cleats for all ages, player levels and even surface types. Some soccer collections, especially the classic ones, are typically composed of low cut soccer shoes.
- Lower leg movement.In general, the primary benefit of having a low top style in a soccer shoe is to allow more freedom of movement, particularly on the lower leg. Since turf grounds are said to cause abrupt brakes for players due to its abrasive nature, having less distraction and restriction on the lower legs will create more room for comfort.
The Nemeziz Tango 17.3 Turf is one great example of a low top turf soccer cleat that promotes instinctive leg movements with the responsive Agility Bandage material.
- Lightweight sensation. Players can attest to the lightweight sensation brought by low top turf soccer cleats. Less materials used in the overall construction of the shoe means more weight will be shed from it. Rubber soleplates alone on turf cleats are already adding up considerable mass to the shoe. Hence, a collarless cleat would make a significant difference in terms of overall weight.
Weighing 7.02 ounces, the Nike MercurialX Vapor XII Academy CR7 Turf is one of the lightest low top turf soccer cleats in the market to date.
- Classic Vibes. Low top turf soccer cleats distinctly signal some good old-school energy. Turf shoe collections such as the Adidas Mundial and Puma King are classic examples. Their no-frills aesthetic, natural leather upper, and classic tongue are just some of the distinguishable features that have been real market influencers in the soccer cleat fashion.
As its name implies, the Puma Esito Classico is a low top turf soccer cleat that carries a heritage look.
Frequently asked questions
Are low top turf soccer cleats better than mid top and high top turf soccer cleats?
The answer to this question all boils down to personal preference. There is never a guarantee that performance will be improved if you use a certain type of cut. It is always best to test which one would make you feel more comfortable in terms of mobility and protection. For some, it may also be a matter of which one makes them look more fashionable and fits better.
High top turf cleats are preferred much by players who are looking for some ankle protection while the mid top ones are favored by those who wish to have some minimal ankle support and mobility. Both cuts are also suited for younger and fashion-forward players because of their trendy look.
Low top turf soccer cleats, on the other hand, are the plain and simple turf shoes that are much liked by soccerers who are not fond of any extra material on the ankle area. This gives them more comfort and mobility.
Which brands offer low top turf soccer cleats?
Almost all known brands of soccer cleat manufacturers such as Adidas, Nike, Puma, New Balance and Diadora offer low top turf shoes. Playing on turf may be less known but there are still several players who prefer to play and train on turf.
Can low top turf soccer cleats be used for other sports?
Various turf shoes are manufactured specific to a sport. For one, turf soccer cleats are constructed only for the game of soccer and may not be suitable for any other sport that involves turf.
However, other sports that also use turf as their playing grounds such as baseball and golf have specially designed turf shoes distinct to the nature of the respective game dynamics.
Are low top turf soccer cleats suitable for casual streetwear?
Unlike indoor soccer cleats, low top turf soccer cleats are not suitable for streetwear. The anatomy of a turf cleat is designed for the dynamics of the game. It is engineered for soccer traction, ball control, and pace.
15 best low turf soccer cleats
- Adidas Nemeziz Tango 17.3 Turf
- Adidas Mundial Team
- Adidas X Tango 18.3 Turf
- Adidas Kaiser 5 Team
- Puma King Allround Turf
- Adidas X Tango 17.3 Turf
- Adidas Copa Tango 18.3 Turf
- Adidas Copa 19.3 Turf
- Nike HypervenomX Finale II Turf
- Adidas Copa Tango 18.4 Turf
- Nike MercurialX Victory VI Turf
- Nike Phantom Venom Academy Turf
- Nike LegendX 7 Academy Turf
- Nike TiempoX Legend VII Academy Turf
- Puma EvoPower Vigor 4 Graphic Turf
A score from 1 to 100 that summarizes opinions from users and experts. The average CoreScore is 78. More...