$95 $77 Save 19%
Any color$65 $52 Save 20%
$110 $70 Save 36%
Any color$80 $40 Save 50%
Any color$180 $99 Save 45%
Any color$160 $70 Save 56%
Any color$75 $36 Save 52%
Any color$90 $35 Save 61%
Any color$70 $40 Save 43%
Any color$100 $60 Save 40%
Any color$80 $60 Save 25%
Any color$105 $44 Save 58%
Any color$65 $18 Save 72%
Any color$80 $60 Save 25%
Any color$75 $39 Save 48%
Any color$50 $38 Save 24%
Any color$57 $40 Save 30%
Any color$80 $25 Save 69%
Any color$43 $30 Save 30%
Any color$75 $50 Save 33%
$63 $48 Save 24%
Any color$46 $40 Save 13%
Any color$80 $54 Save 33%
Any color$50 $40 Save 20%
Any color$100 $80 Save 20%
$80 $70 Save 13%
Football, as a sport, covers a vast range of playing surfaces that not all people are aware of. Oftentimes, the sport is just associated with natural firm ground arenas. However, players worldwide have adapted the popular game to different types of fields including artificial grass. One of which is turf, also known as Astroturf.
Turf playing fields are ideal for five-a-side games. It is a version of football that requires a smaller pitch, shorter game time, and smaller goals. Typically, the playing arena is enclosed by a cage to keep the ball inside the pitch all throughout the game.
Players of Five-a-side and its other variations often use turf football boots. The turf shoe’s soleplate configuration is designed to provide the best traction on synthetic grass. Instead of longer studs found on firm ground football boots, turf shoes are installed with short, multiple and densely arranged rubber studs.
In the 1970s, these rubber-studded shoes began emerging to adapt to the pace of football games played on turf. While almost all turf shoes have rubber soles, most of their upper are styled in low-top fashion, similar to the standard firm ground football shoes. Here are some of the reasons why low top turf football boots are a good choice for Astroturf playing.
Advantages of Low Top turf football boots
While the new wave of mid top football shoes are slowly becoming the top trend, the low top cleats will always be the go-to boots for all ages, player levels and even surface types. Some football collections, especially the classic ones, are typically composed of low cut football shoes.
- Lower leg movement.In general, the primary benefit of having a low top style in a football shoe is to allow more freedom of movement, particularly on the lower leg. Since turf grounds are said to cause abrupt brakes for players due to its abrasive nature, having less distraction and restriction on the lower legs will create more room for comfort.
The Nemeziz Tango 17.3 Turf is one great example of a low top turf football boot that promotes instinctive leg movements with the responsive Agility Bandage material.
- Lightweight sensation. Players can attest to the lightweight sensation brought by low top turf football boots. Less materials used in the overall construction of the shoe means more weight will be shed from it. Rubber soleplates alone on turf cleats are already adding up considerable mass to the shoe. Hence, a collarless boot would make a significant difference in terms of overall weight.
Weighing 7.02 ounces, the Nike MercurialX Vapor XII Academy CR7 Turf is one of the lightest low top turf football boots in the market to date.
- Classic Vibes. Low top turf football boots distinctly signal some good old-school energy. Turf shoe collections such as the Adidas Mundial and Puma King are classic examples. Their no-frills aesthetic, natural leather upper, and classic tongue are just some of the distinguishable features that have been real market influencers in the football boot fashion.
As its name implies, the Puma Esito Classico is a low top turf football boot that carries a heritage look.
Frequently asked questions
Are low top turf football boots better than mid top and high top turf football boots?
The answer to this question all boils down to personal preference. There is never a guarantee that performance will be improved if you use a certain type of cut. It is always best to test which one would make you feel more comfortable in terms of mobility and protection. For some, it may also be a matter of which one makes them look more fashionable and fits better.
High top turf cleats are preferred much by players who are looking for some ankle protection while the mid top ones are favored by those who wish to have some minimal ankle support and mobility. Both cuts are also suited for younger and fashion-forward players because of their trendy look.
Low top turf football boots, on the other hand, are the plain and simple turf shoes that are much liked by footballers who are not fond of any extra material on the ankle area. This gives them more comfort and mobility.
Which brands offer low top turf football boots?
Almost all known brands of football boot manufacturers such as Adidas, Nike, Puma, New Balance and Diadora offer low top turf shoes. Playing on turf may be less known but there are still several players who prefer to play and train on turf.
Can low top turf football boots be used for other sports?
Various turf shoes are manufactured specific to a sport. For one, turf football boots are constructed only for the game of football and may not be suitable for any other sport that involves turf.
However, other sports that also use turf as their playing grounds such as baseball and golf have specially designed turf shoes distinct to the nature of the respective game dynamics.
Are low top turf football boots suitable for casual streetwear?
Unlike indoor football boots, low top turf football boots are not suitable for streetwear. The anatomy of a turf cleat is designed for the dynamics of the game. It is engineered for soccer traction, ball control, and pace.
15 best low turf football boots
- Adidas Mundial Team
- Adidas X Tango 18.3 Turf
- Adidas Kaiser 5 Team
- Puma King Allround Turf
- Adidas X Tango 17.3 Turf
- Adidas Nemeziz Tango 18.4 Turf
- Adidas Copa Tango 18.3 Turf
- Puma Future 18.3 Turf
- Nike HypervenomX Finale II Turf
- Nike MercurialX Victory VI Turf
- Nike MercurialX Vapor XII Pro Turf
- Nike PhantomVNM Academy Turf
- Adidas Predator Tango 18.4 Turf
- Adidas Copa 19.3 Turf
- Puma One 17.4 Turf
A score from 1 to 100 that summarizes opinions from users and experts. The average CoreScore is 78. More...