$110 $25 Save 77%
$60 $42 Save 30%
$50 $35 Save 30%
$50 $38 Save 24%
$85 $40 Save 53%
$95 $66 Save 31%
$65 $49 Save 25%
Any color$65 $49 Save 25%
$110 $60 Save 45%
$65 $19 Save 71%
$85 $20 Save 76%
$95 $30 Save 68%
$85 $45 Save 47%
$60 $14 Save 77%
$110 $45 Save 59%
Any color$70 $37 Save 47%
$65 $45 Save 31%
$70 $15 Save 79%
$60 $31 Save 48%
Any color$70 $35 Save 50%
Any color$60 $43 Save 28%
Any color$70 $45 Save 36%
$60 $26 Save 57%
$65 $44 Save 32%
$70 $50 Save 29%
Any color$75 $56 Save 25%
Any color$65 $45 Save 31%
Any color$75 $52 Save 31%
$80 $63 Save 21%
Any color$80 $58 Save 28%
Best Low Top Skate Sneakers - September 2019
Skate shoes are specific footwear that is designed to meet the performance and comfort needed by skateboarders to execute some of their excellent flips and tricks. Skate sneakers are available in low-, mid- and high-top silhouettes. Others may prefer footwear with a low-top profile for it allows the foot ankle to move freely compared with the one with a mid- or high-top profile.
Skate shoes include many features such as vulcanized outsoles, leather, canvas or suede upper, triple or double stitching of upper to extend the life of the shoe, PU outsole with a tread pattern, a low padded tongue and cushioned footbed to provide comfort, protection and performance. Some of the popular brands that offer quality and fashion-forward skate shoes are Adidas Skateboarding, DC, Converse, Etnies, Nike Skateboarding, Supra, Vans, Puma and New Balance, among others.
Below are some of the best low top skateboarding sneakers according to brands:
Vans Old Skool
Formerly known as the Style 36, the Vans Old Skool made its debut in 1977. It was the first iconic brand’s shoe that bears the now famous Vans Sidestripe which is a leather panel that provides increased durability.
Over time, this silhouette is among the best low top lifestyle skate shoes that have been updated several times and utilized to many wonderful collaborations such as Disney x Vans Old Skool, Vans ATCQ Old Skool and Vans Made for The Makers Old Skool UC.
- This model is among the low top skate sneakers for men and women that are available in sizes ranges from 3.5 to 16 US and 5 to 17 US respectively.
- It has a durable canvas and suede upper with a cushioned collar.
- The Old Skool has a cushioned footbed that provides both comfort and a fantastic board feel.
- The rubber outsole has the waffle tread pattern for a sure-footed grip.
- This shoe is available in myriad colorways and styles such as the checkerboard, green, white, black, pop camo, green, grey, red and blue.
Released in 1977, the Vans Slip-on was formerly known as the Style 98. With the help of BMX riders and skateboarders, the Slip-on became the rage in SoCal and eventually became known as an icon for generations. This silhouette has been utilized in several amazing collaborative works like the Raf Simons x Colette Meets x COMME des GARÇONS "Consumed" Slip-On, Vans x Peanuts Slip-On and Vans x Marvel Slip-On.
- The Slip-on can be grabbed in a variety of colorways including green, blue, black, white, pink and grey.
- With a straightforward design, this iteration is among the low top skateboarding sneakers that have a durable canvas upper that offers foot breathability.
- The elastic goring on the sides not only provides a flexible fit but also offers as an additional style accent.
- Like other Vans low stop skate shoes, it has a rubber outsole with a waffle tread pattern for reliable grip as well as a padded collar for comfort.
Released in 1966, the Vans Authentic is formerly known as the Style 44 deck shoe which was designed by Paul Van Doren. The Authentic is among the low top skate shoes that possess simplicity yet functional which prolly attracted skateboarders before. Like the other iconic shoes from Vans, it has a silhouette that has been used in several collaborations between Vans and different celebrities, companies and other brands such as Made for Makers Collection, Marvel, Peanuts, Richardson, Van Gogh and Lazy Oaf, among others.
- Like other Vans low-top skate shoes, the Authentic is available in sizes range from 6 to 16 for men while 3.5 to 6 for boys.
- This sneaker has the traditional lace-up closure with metal eyelets that gives a flexible and snug fit.
- Same with other Vans low top skateboarding sneakers, it has a rubber outsole with the waffle tread pattern for a sure-footed grip.
- It has a canvas upper which gives foot comfort and breathability.
Previously known as the Style 95, the Vans Era is designed by Stacy Peralta and Tony Alva. Released in 1976, it currently became the choice of skateboarders for generations. It looks similar to the Authentic, but this shoe has a padded collar and tongue.
- Like other Vans low top skate sneakers for men, this shoe is available in sizes ranging from 6 to 13 US, in B and D medium width.
- It has a canvas upper that offers breathability and a cushioned footbed for impact protection.
- Same with most Vans low-top skate shoes, the Era has the classic lace-up closure system for a flexible fit.
- It has the Vans’ signature waffle outsole that gives reliable traction.
For people who are looking for a fashion-forward and performance pair of low-top skate sneakers, they may check out one Adidas’ iconic shoes which are the Adiease. It is the combination of the iconic Adidas heritage and true skate performance. This silhouette was also used in collaboration with Roger and A$AP Ferg, among others.
- The Adiease has a canvas upper with 3-Stripes that offers foot comfort and breathability.
- It has a grippy vulcanized outsole that not only it provides reliable traction but also precise board feel.
- This shoe is among the low top skateboarding sneakers from Adidas that use EVA sockliner to deliver support and cushioning.
- It has a comfortable textile lining for added comfort.
- This footwear has a lace-up closure system for an adjustable fit.
Inspired by and built on the bones of the iconic Gazelle, the Adidas Seeley is one of the low top skate sneakers for men and women that blend the performance and the Adidas heritage. It has a look that is made to carve the sidewalks and grip the deck. The Seeley is among the low-top skate sneakers that are a playground-ready version of footwear.
- Like most breathable low top skate shoes, the Seeley has a canvas upper that offers sufficient foot ventilation and comfort. The upper is abrasion resistant.
- It has a wraparound midsole with signature 3-Stripes contrasting the upper.
- The Seeley is among the best low top lifestyle skate shoes that have a vulcanized rubber outsole that provides amazing board control and reliable traction.
- It has a textile lining that gives an added comfort.
- Like other low top skateboarding sneakers, this shoe has a lace-up closure system for a flexible and snug fit.
Adidas City Cup
An iconic Adidas shoe, the City Cup is retooled for the board. It is among the best low top lifestyle skate shoes that lead the streets. This iteration was launched in January of 2018. The Powerphase and Montreal is the main influence behind the creation of City Cup. People can grab this shoe in different colorways including the signature color of black, red and white by Miles Silvas.
- The Adidas City Cup has a heavy-duty suede upper with the ADITUFF™ technology for abrasion resistance.
- It has an internal mesh bootie that provides a responsive fit and high comfort.
- Like other low to skate shoes, it has a translucent gum rubber outsole with the herringbone tread pattern that creates amazing grip as well as delivers board control.
- It has a durable cupsole that is well cushioned, providing reliable impact protection against hard landings.
Nike SB Dunk Low Pro
Nike formed the Nike SB or also known as the skateboarding line in 2002. With an affordable price, the Dunk Low Pro has the silhouette of the Dunk, which was released in 1985, re-engineered for better performance, comfort, and style.
- This version is among the low top skateboarding sneakers that utilize the Zoom Air unit in the sockliner to help fight heel bruises.
- It has the injected Phylon midsole that provides superior cushioning for all-day comfort.
- This shoe is among Nike’s low top skate sneakers that have a retooled outsole to provide better board feel and grip.
- With the internal forefoot construction, this shoe utilizes a sophisticated panel design that alleviates a hot spot in the toe box area.
- It has heel lining pods to eliminate heel slippage.
Nike SB Stefan Janoski Max
This version is among the best low top lifestyle skate shoes that have the combination of the two most sought-after and iconic silhouettes which are the Air Max 1 and the SB Stefan Janoski. The Nike SB Stefan Janoski Max quickly bridges the gap between the style and performance as it offers excellent support and a fashion-forward look.
- The Nike SB Stefan Janoski Max is among the low top skate shoes that possess a breathable synthetic upper that offers sufficient ventilation as well as durability.
- This skate shoe has Max Air unit under the heel for superb cushioning.
- It utilizes the EVA foam sockliner for additional cushioning and comfort.
- It has a lightweight Phylon midsole for impact protection.
- It is among the low top skateboarding sneakers that have solid rubber pods with the herringbone tread pattern for traction and amazing board feel.
- For a natural range of motion, horizontal and vertical flex grooves are installed.
Nike SB Bruin Hyperfeel
Released in March 2016, the Nike SB Bruin Hyperfeel is another example of a modern classic sneaker. It is among the low top skate sneakers that maintain their classic look while incorporating modern performance technology to their silhouette. Because of the Hyperfeel technology, skaters are expected to experience the ultimate board feel.
- This iteration is among the low top skateboarding sneakers that have a combination of suede, TPU skin and Hyperscreen overlays on the upper, providing zero distraction performance and zoned durability.
- It has a lightweight PU drop-in sockliner that offers responsive and soft cushioning directly underfoot.
- Like other Nike SB low top skate shoes, it has thin construction and articulated grooves that ensure improved board feel.
- It has a flexible rubber outsole with herringbone pattern in a multidirectional way for a superior grip while the sidewall texture and flex grooves for enhanced board feel.
New Balance 255
A classic workhorse skate shoe, the NB 255 is the updated and enhanced version of the 254 silhouette. This shoe is among the low top skate sneakers that are built to endure abuse while staying stylish. With a combination of heavy-duty suede and upper, it provides more durability for skateboarders to perform their excellent Ollies and flip boarding tricks.
- The coated upper utilizes Ndurance technology, enabling a longer life span by 20% more.
- It is among the NB low top skate sneakers that have ABZORB+® Insert for added protection in high-impact areas.
- It utilizes the Ndurance rubber outsole that provides durability and superior traction. The flexible outsole offers enhanced board feel
- The taping crating in the heel gives weight reduction.
New Balance 868
The NB 868 is among the low top skateboarding sneakers that are technically advanced. It possesses superior durability that can withstand extreme impact. Aside from performance, it is also equipped with technology that offers extraordinary cushioning.
- Among the low top skate sneakers for men, the New Balance 868 uses C-CAP midsole that provides support and cushioning.
- It has a closed cell polyurethane insert for high impact protection as well as a consistent fit.
- This version is among the low top skate shoes that have a combination of synthetic and mesh upper. The upper has the FanthomFit technology which provides ultra-lightweight support.
- It uses the N2 Cushioning technology that delivers better impact absorption and improved board feel.
Made for the namesake of Lizard King, the Supra Shredder is one of the low top skateboarding sneakers that are lightweight and durable released in 2015. This edition has the combination of performance and style that can grab at a budget-friendly rate. It is eco-friendly for no harmful adhesives were utilized.
- Like other low top skate sneakers for men, the Supra Shredder has a combination of canvas and suede upper that offers foot breathability.
- With flat laces, it has a lace-up closure system that provides an adjustable fit.
- It has a durable vulcanized outsole that provides excellent board feel.
Like other low top skate shoes, the Hammer is another timeless silhouette debuted by Jim Greco. It is among the best low top lifestyle skate shoes that are lightweight which deviates from the high-top silhouette of Skytop.
- This shoe can be grabbed in sizes ranging from7 to 13 US for men.
- With a white cupsole, it has a vulcanized outsole with the SupraFoam midsole that provides impact protection and reliable traction.
- It has a combination of corduroy and suede upper that offers enough foot ventilation.
With a straightforward Caribbean style, the Supra Cuba is among the men’s low top skate sneakers that have a slip-on construction. It has hard-wearing features and can be grabbed at a budget-friendly pricing point. This shoe is also available in a feminine version called the Supra Cubana.
- This shoe has a durable suede upper that is wrapped with a foxing tape for reinforcement.
- With rope laces, it has a lace-up closure system that gives an adjustable and flexible fit.
- It has a minimal collar padding for added comfort.
- With a customary vulcanized outsole, it offers reliable traction
- It has a canvas and perforated bone leather upper as well as light gum mesh lining and bone foxing.
With a straightforward design, the Anvil from DC is one of the low top skate sneakers for men that provide a stylish design, performance, and comfort at an affordable rate. This skateboarding shoe carries a timeless design that is also great for casual wear.
- The DC Anvil is among the low top skateboarding sneakers that have the combination of suede and canvas upper with vent holes for durability and breathability respectively.
- Like other low top skate shoes, it has a vulcanized construction that provides flexibility and excellent board feel.
- This skate sneaker has a lace-up closure system that gives a snug and flexible fit.
- It has a vulcanized rubber outsole with the DC’s oversized pill tread pattern for a sure-footed grip.
DC Evan Smith
The DC Evan Smith is among the best low top lifestyle skate shoes that feature a street-ready design and performance you need to execute amazing flips and tricks. This shoe depicts Evan Smith’s character which is the ability to adapt to various terrains and to pull off board tricks.
- This shoe is among the low top skate shoes that have 7mm Ortholite sockliner that provides comfort.
- It utilizes the Impact-I inflexion Vulc technology that delivers reliable cushioning, shock absorption, and impact protection.
- Like other men’s low top skate sneakers, it has a vulcanized outsole that offers excellent board feel and reliable traction.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where to buy low top skate sneakers?
Buyers can avail these low top sneakers via the brand’s official website as well as third-party retailers such as Lyst, Zappos, Amazon, Zumiez, eBay, and tactics, among others.
2. What are some of the durable low top sneakers?
Some of the brands and iterations they can check out are Supra Saint, DC Court Graffik SE, Etnies x Happy Hour Marana Tancowny, Vans Authentic, Vans Old Skool, Etnies x Michelin Marana Joslin and DC Stag.
3. What goes with low-top skate shoes?
Below are some ways to style a pair of low top skateboarding sneakers:
- For men who are a fan of comfort dressing, they can match a pair of black low top shoes with black jeans, a grey shirt, and an olive lightweight parka.
- For men who want practical dressing when it comes to their personal style, they can have a cool combination of white shorts and a black and white print crew-neck t-shirt and match them with Vans Old Skool sneakers.
- For a smart casual look, men can rock grey dress pants and a black leather biker jacket on top of a white t-shirt and match them with Vans Old Skool and other black low top skate sneakers.
- For those who are fun of functionality dressing, men and women can wear their navy skinny jeans and round off nicely with black low top skate shoes.
- Men and women can rock their sneakers with distressed denim jeans and a plaid short-sleeve, providing a comfy-casual look.
4. Are skate shoes suitable for walking?
Some users can have problems with skate shoes when they use them for long walks because the sole of the skate sneakers is flat. Hence, they are not built for continuous walking. Although the skate sneaker’s inside is nicely padded, yet it is still not considered an ideal comfort for walking as well as running.
5. Who made the first skate shoes?
In 1965, the Randolph Rubber Company introduced the first official skate shoe. Unfortunately, the company didn’t succeed, but one of its employees went on to build his own empire in the name of Paul Van Doren.
6. What are some of the best low top lifestyle skate shoes from Etnies?
Among the shoes that skateboarders can choose from are: Etnies Fader, Etnies Kingpin, Etnies Scout, Etnies Scout XT, Etnies Marana Vulc, and Etnies Jameson 2 Eco.
7. What are some of Cole Haan’s popular low top skate sneakers?
Skateboarders and fans can check out the Cole Haan Grandpro Deck Sneaker and Cole Haan Grandpro Deck Slip-On Sneaker.
8. Are skate shoes necessary?
No, technically you don’t. However, skate shoes are created to help a person skates better. Skate sneakers have grippy and flat as well as usually extra wide soles to help achieve a better board feel and provide reliable traction.
9. What are some of the best low top skate shoes based on reviews?
Among the shoes that buyers can check out and choose from are: Adidas Seeley, DC Graffik, Vans Old Skool, Nike Zoom Stefan Janoski, DC Trase TX and Etnies Jameson 2 Eco.
10. What makes skate sneakers different from regular shoes?
Usually made of suede or canvas or a combination of both, skate shoes rip and tear less than regular shoes like running shoes. Skate sneakers usually have flat soles which provide more and better board control and feel as well as offer a reliable board grip.
15 best low top skate sneakers
- Nike SB Chron Solarsoft
- eS Accel Slim
- Vans Old Skool Platform
- Adidas Campus
- Adidas Sabalo
- Nike SB Nyjah Free
- Vans Authentic
- Nike SB Check Solarsoft Canvas
- Adidas Seeley
- Nike SB Zoom Stefan Janoski
- Nike SB Stefan Janoski Max
- Vans Old Skool
- Vans Slip-On
- Nike SB Delta Force Vulc
- Vans Old Skool Pro
A score from 1 to 100 that summarizes opinions from users and experts. The average CoreScore is 78. More...