Jordan Casual Sneakers
The impact of the Jordan brand in the sneaker industry is paramount. Its success could be considered parallel to the Hall of Fame career of its owner, Michael Jordan. His story into pop culture immortality is nothing short of spectacular, with many viewing it as almost a plot from a movie.
Nike’s empire is what it is today because of the cultural impact of the Air Jordan series. But its success is not attributed to Jordan alone, legendary designer Tinker Hatfield did his wonders while the Mars Blackmon commercials elevated the hype to another level. Looking at the brand's dominance in perspective, it is impressive that an athlete who is retired for more than a decade is still keeping up with the sneaker sales of active NBA superstars such as LeBron James and Stephen Curry.
For an athletic brand to be considered truly successful, it has to be as popular on and off the court. And that is what precisely the Jordan brand represents. It blurred the line on what a lifestyle and performance shoe should be. The iconic AJ series, in the eyes of casual fans and sneakerheads, are also the best Jordan casual sneakers. Below listed are some of the best-rated Nike Jordan casual shoes and other relevant topics.
Notable Jordan Casual Shoes
Air Jordan Dub Zero
This model was first introduced to the consumers in 2005. Several AJ shoes inspired the design of the Air Jordan Dub Zero, seven Air Jordan shoes to be exact. To break it down, the sole looks just like the one on AJ 4, its patent leather from AJ11, the back loops from AJ6, the tongue from the AJ12, the shape from AJ13, its woven leather from AJ15, and upper design from the 20. It is one of the most sought-after Jordan casual sneakers for men by collectors because of its visually pleasing design.
- The AJ Dub Zero fits true to size according to the majority of its wearers.
- Popular AJ11 colorways such as Concord and Bred are offered under this model.
- It has a steep price tag, but many stated that it is reasonable.
Released in 2006, the Spike-Lee inspired Jordan Spizike is a nod to one of the most prominent figures in American entertainment. Back in the 80s, Lee portrayed his character Mars Blackmon from the movie “She’s Gotta Have It” to promote the earlier models of the Air Jordan series. The character's playful rapscallion vibe has been instrumental to the marketing success of the sneaker line up to the early 90s. Similar to the other Michael Jordan casual shoes, it is a result of combining the elements of various AJ sneakers.
- The style of this pair has impressed a lot of onlookers.
- It seems that the color schemes Olive Canvas / Cone / Black and Black / Varsity Red / Classic Green / White have been appealing to many shoppers.
- Considering the standard price range of men's Jordan casual shoes, this pair has an average price tag.
Displaying a semi-minimal look, the Instigator from the Jordan line is one of the casual Jordan shoes that do not resemble any models in the AJ sneaker line. It exhibits a premium vibe because of leather and suede upper, a pyramid pattern on the heel, a high-top profile, and virtually monochromatic color options. The absence of multiple brandings on the shoe’s exterior adds to its elegant appeal.
- It is vaguely inspired by the Air Jordan 1.
- Plenty of its users guarantee exceptional ankle support.
- Grey Mist / White and Black / Gym Red seemed to be the favorite colorways of its buyers.
Low-top shoes may not be popular in the hardwood because of its lack of ankle support. And while the Jordan brand’s success is mainly due to their iconic high-top sneakers, its collection of low-cut footwear is nothing to scoff at. One of the Jordan low top casual shoes is the Jordan DNA, which combines the flexible and lightweight feel that ensures optimal comfort off the court.
- A blend of synthetic and mesh upper delivers not only comfort but also an eye-catching silhouette due to the contrasting texture of the toe box and the rest of the exterior.
- It has a regular price of $100, but retailers may have the Jordan DNA on a discounted offer.
- The color schemes White / Gym Red / Black / Tech Grey and Gym Red / Black / White seems to be popular with fans.
The casual Heritage is one of those Jordan shoes for men that showcases its athletic beginning. Its high-top profile with numerous design elements of the AJ1 allows for a sporty look that works best when paired with shorts or faded fitted jeans. The most famous jersey number in basketball, 23, is placed just below the pull heel, which adds flair.
- Notable colorways for the Jordan Heritage are Platinum White, Gym Red, and Black.
- This pair does not require a break-in period, according to its wearers.
- The impressive and comfortable fit of the shoe has been proven by many.
Jordan Fly 89
Regarded as having a minimal design, the Jordan Fly 89 is a modern take on the Air Jordan IV for off-court use. Thanks to its ultra-light textile upper, it provides a sock-like fit. The Lunarlon midsole is there to give the wearers optimal cushioning.
- Compared to other Jordan casual sneakers for men, this model has a lower regular price.
- The Black-White color scheme appears to be a favorite by its purchasers.
- It is easy to match the low-top with casual clothes due to its minimal silhouette.
Jordan Lift Off
The Lift Off from the Nike Air Jordan is one of the new Jordan casual shoes on the market. Inspired by the AJ VI, this high-top pair has a bulky and sporty silhouette, which is an enduring quality of most of the men's Jordan casual sneakers. It exhibits a mix of materials on its upper, authentic and synthetic leather with ballistic mesh nylon. This blend allows for optimal breathability and all-day comfort.
- It has Air-Sole on its heel that provides shock absorption and reliable cushioning.
- The Jordan Lift Off has some eye-catching color options, such as the White / Black / Hyper Pink / Turbo Green and Neutral Olive / Olive Canvas / Gum Yellow / Black.
- Currently, it is available in sizes 7 to 18.
Jordan Formula 23 Toggle
Compared to the brand’s high-top collection, the Jordan low top casual shoes are considered as slightly less popular with fans. While it may be is the case, there are still some models that garnered positive remarks, among those is the Jordan Formula 23 Toggle. It features a modern lacing style that is connected to the Flywire cables that contribute to its futuristic vibe.
- The Jordan Formula 23 has a lightweight construction that allows for maximum flexibility and breathability, thanks to its textile uppers.
- Vivid colorways such as Team Royal / Black / Pure Platinum and Gym Red / Black / Pure Platinum have been the top choices of shoppers.
- Toggle lacing enclosure offers a hassle-free and secure fit.
Jordan Casual Sneakers x Basketball
While the brand is making efforts to deviate from relying too much on its classic silhouettes, up to this day, its best-sellers are undoubtedly the iconic Air Jordan series. No other sneaker line comes close to its impact and success. The shoes under the AJ collection, especially the ones that MJ himself wore during his playing days have transcended the categorization, as it bears the same popularity on and off the court. Here are some of the most famous AJ shoes that are also considered as Jordan casual sneakers.
Air Jordan I
The AJ 1 is the one that started it all. Debuted in April 1985 for $65, it was banned from the NBA during its initial release, because it didn’t follow the color protocol. This roadblock didn't hinder the recognition of the Air Jordan 1. If there's anything, the restriction made it more popular. The rebellious vibe adds distinction, and the desire to own a pair has reached a point where there are reports that people are being mugged just because of wearing it. The AJ 1 is one of the best Nike Jordan casual shoes that also has variants for women, as well as mid and low-cut models. Here are some of the famous and latest Air Jordan 1 versions.
- Air Jordan 1 Retro High
- Air Jordan 1 Not for Resale
- Air Jordan 1 PSG
- Air Jordan 1 Mid
- UNION x Air Jordan 1
- Air Jordan 1 Mid SE
- Air Jordan 1 Low Flyknit
- Air Jordan 1 Swooshless
- Air Jordan 1 A Star is Born
- Air Jordan 1 High Premium
- Air Jordan 1 Retro Low
Air Jordan III
The 1987-88 season was a season of accolades for Michael Jordan. Awards such as the Slam Dunk Contest champion, All-Star MVP, regular season MVP, All-Defensive First team, and Defensive Player of the Year erased any doubts about Jordan’s complete game. The shoe he wore during the historic year is the Air Jordan III. It is the second model in the AJ sneaker line that does not feature the Swoosh on the lateral sides.
A couple of firsts has been associated with the AJ III. It is the first J’s that the legendary designer Tinker Hatfield has produced. Also, it is the first AJ that has a mid-top construction and visible Air-Sole unit on the midsole. The elephant print on the toe box added individuality and largely is untouched on most of its reiterations. Various polls and articles on the internet have concluded that the Air Jordan III is the greatest shoe of its respective line. Jordan himself said that it is one of his most favorites. Below are some of the newest and popular AJ III models that are regarded as casual Jordan shoes too.
- Air Jordan III Chlorophyll
- Air Jordan 3 WMNS Bordeaux
- Air Jordan 3 Retro
- Air Jordan 3 Mocha
- Vogue x Air Jordan 3 WMNS AWOK Black
- Air Jordan 3 JTH Bio Beige
- Air Jordan 3 Flyknit
- Air Jordan 3 Quai 54
- Air Jordan 3 International Flight
- Air Jordan 3 Triple White
- Air Jordan 3 Katrina
- Air Jordan 3 Tinker NRG
Air Jordan IV
The Air Jordan IV is unlike the previous Jordans. It gained mixed reactions from the consumers when it debuted in 1989. The large portion of them thought that it has a mediocre design. But after some time, it became one of the favorites by many. A unique feature of the IV is that it can be laced up in 18 different ways. The AJ 4 was the first Jordan that exhibits an over-molded mesh on its upper.
While wearing the Air Jordan 4, Michael reached his statistical prime, averaging 32.5 points, 8 rebounds, and 8 assists, almost a triple-double season. One of his most legendary moments, upsetting the Cleveland Cavaliers with "The Shot," happened while wearing this iconic basketball footwear. Because of the shoe’s presence during these historic moments, it quickly became one of the best Jordan casual shoes for men. Here are some of the newest, hyped, and limited edition AJ 4 models.
- Air Jordan 4 Tattoo
- Air Jordan 4 Bred
- Air Jordan 4 Retro
- Levi’s x Air Jordan 4
- Travis Scott x Air Jordan 4
- Air Jordan 4 Fire Red
- Air Jordan 4 Raptors
- Air Jordan 4 Retro Eminem
- Air Jordan 4 NES IV (custom-made)
- Air Jordan 4 Retro Motorsport
- Air Jordan 4 Retro Laser 30th Anniversary
Air Jordan XI
The AJ 11 is arguably the favorite by most of the sneakerheads. Released in 1995, this is the model that Jordan wore during the Bulls' best regular season in history, by winning 72 games while losing only 10. Before the Golden State Warriors broke the record, Jordan’s 96 Bulls are responsible for the best regular season accomplishment in NBA history. In a poetic fashion, it ended with the team's 4th championship in 6 games. Also, all the MVPs on the 1996-97 season (All-Star, regular season, and Finals) are all won by him, while also starring in the classic movie Space Jam. In a nutshell, the AJ 11 has more than enough history on its resume.
Of all the classic AJ shoes, the Jordan 11 is the model that exhibits the perfect mix of elegance and street-style dynamic. Its upper composition of patent leather and carbon fiber are mostly consistent with most of the AJ 11 reiterations. It is a foregone conclusion that any modern versions of the 11 have its availability on the stores in question after a few days of its release. This trend paved the way to the success of sneaker reselling.
For the sneaker enthusiasts, it is as one of the must-cop Jordan casual sneakers of all time. Similar to the AJ3, the 11 is among Jordan’s favorite. Here are some of the most sought-after, latest, and limited edition versions.
- Air Jordan 11 Retro Bred
- Air Jordan 11 Retro
- Air Jordan 11 Low Cool Grey
- Air Jordan 11 Prom Night
- Air Jordan 11 Win Like ‘82
- Air Jordan 11 Low Rose Gold
- Air Jordan 11 Win Like ‘96
- Air Jordan 11 Heiress
- Air Jordan 11 IE Low
- Air Jordan 11 Low Barons
Frequently Asked Questions about Jordan Casual Sneakers
What are some examples of the cheapest Jordan casual sneakers available?
The following are priced (some are less than$100) below the usual cost of Jordan casual shoes for men:
- Air Jordan First Class
- Jordan DNA LX
- Jordan Generation
- Air Jordan 1 Mid
- Jordan Fadeaway
- Jordan Son Of Mars Low
- Jordan Courtside 23
- Jordan Eclipse
How to clean Jordan casual shoes?
- Remove the laces first as it is much easier to clean the sneakers without it.
- Try removing the debris that latched on outsoles by knocking the soles together. If unsuccessful, use tweezers to get those stubborn debris. Use a soft cloth or toothbrush to scrub the dust and dirt.
- Make a solution by mixing laundry detergent and warm water. Dip the toothbrush into the solution. Then start rubbing gently those areas that have lingering stains or dirt.
- When drying these Jordan casual shoes, it is vital that always to let it dry via room temperature. Exposing it to sunlight or drying it using a machine may permanently damage the sneakers.
What are some of the technologies applied to Jordan shoes?
- Flyknit - Some Nike Jordan casual shoes have the Flyknit as its upper. This tech utilizes computer technology to intricately produce a single piece of upper that is made from yarn. Optimal flexibility, sock-like fit, and breathability are possible because of the Flyknit.
- Lunarlon – A cushioning tech made popular by Nike and the Jordan brand. It is an updated version of the Phylon, one of the go-to cushioning tech by the brands mentioned.
- Air-Sole – Many Air Jordan casual shoes relied on the cushioning feature of the Air Sole heel unit.
What is the size range of Jordan sneakers?
On average, it starts from 7 up to 18 in US men’s sizing. Most of them are offered in medium width.
Are there Jordan casual sneakers available for women?
Certainly. Classic Air Jordan sneakers such as AJ 1 and 3 have some releases that are specifically made for women, such as the Air Jordan 3 WMNS Bordeaux and the Air Jordan I Season of Her Collection.
What colors are available for Jordan casual shoes?
From tonal to flamboyant color combinations, it is not hard to imagine that the Jordan brand has it all, considering its legacy on the sneaker industry.
Where to buy Jordan lifestyle sneakers?
There are a plethora of physical and online retailers that offer Michael Jordan casual shoes, in addition to the brand’s official stores. For the hyped models, chances are it could only be acquired via online auctions and resellers.
Are there Jordan shoes that are considered as vegan?
Any Jordan shoe that has a Flyknit, textile, or synthetic leather upper can be regarded as vegan. Models such as Jordan Fly 89, Jordan Formula 23 Toggle, and Air Jordan 1 Low Flyknit are some examples.
What are some advantages of Jordan casual sneakers?
Because of its worldwide recognition, the Air Jordan casual shoes have that "cool" vibe that others lacked. As such, wearers are enjoying the brand's legacy that its competitors could only hope to have. Another is due to the company's basketball heritage, many of its shoes are built with support features that are sufficient to be used while doing strenuous activities like working out in a gym.
What is the most expensive Jordan sneaker ever sold?
As implied multiple times, the classic AJ models are also seen by most as the best Jordan casual sneakers. In an auction, the Air Jordan 12 wore by MJ himself during the legendary “Flu Game” was sold at $104,000.
1 best Jordan casual sneakers
- Jordan Express
A score from 1 to 100 that summarizes opinions from users and experts. The average CoreScore is 78. More...