$115 $82 (save 29%)
$120 $100 (save 17%)
$125 $50 (save 60%)
$120 $61 (save 49%)
$115 $84 (save 27%)
$110 $71 (save 35%)
When it comes to racing, Inov-8 is not the go-to brand for the majority of athletes, but according to 100, 000 shoe reviews written by runners, there are some decent race models in their performance collection. Inov-8 competition shoes might be great for the beginner or casual racers. Lightweight and minimal, the race platforms from the brand will keep you flexible and fast.
Why are the best Inov-8 competition shoes attractive to casual and professional runners?
- Competition shoes are designed for the trail or track. They are similar in terms of minimal features and lightweight structure. Since race shoes are made for speed, it is expected that the shoes are nimble and flexible enough. However, trail race shoes might be thicker in the midsole and outsole to boost the protection and support for adventure racing.
- There are race-specific technologies that are not common in average shoes. It is best to understand their function and to look for the best Inov-8 race shoes that have them. These features will improve your advantage in racing. One of these race-specific features is the spike configuration in the outsole.
- The best Inov-8 competition shoes are designed with shock attenuation and debris protection features. However, the cushioning will be lesser in race shoes to prioritize speed and performance.
- Despite being developed for speed, some of the best Inov-8 race shoes are versatile for other activities. They can be used for speed workouts, performance running, cross training and sports. In some instances, the stylish race shoes are worn casually for a lighter feel.
How to determine the best pair of Inov-8 competition shoes?
- Fit. Choose the best Inov-8 competition shoes with an adaptive fit. The upper technology should mimic the foot motion closely, but still wide enough to accommodate flexing and natural splaying. Inov-8 shoes have breathable mesh for upper coverage, but it has two types of last to promote a better fit: Precision Last and Standard Last.
- Responsiveness. The cushioning present in race shoes is not only for comfort or protection. A firm and responsive cushioning will also provide energy-return properties that improve the propulsion during the toe-off phase. The best Inov-8 competition shoes have either the Arrow 1 (3 mm drop) or a zero drop profile to keep cushioning minimal and responsive for racing. The Arrow 2 (6 mm drop) and Arrow 3 (9 mm drop) have more cushioning, so responsiveness is compromised for comfort.
- Weight. Race shoes are lighter than training shoes, because more features will hinder the runner in getting the flexibility and speed he needs. In order to the best Inov-8 race shoes, you need to choose a lighter platform for both track and trail racing. Shoes with minimal construction are observed to be lighter than average shoes, since they have lesser cushioning. The ideal weight of race shoes should fall between 180 and 200 grams.
4 best Inov-8 competition running shoes
- Inov-8 Trail Talon 235
- Inov-8 X-Talon 230
- Inov-8 X-Talon 225
- Inov-8 RoadTalon 240
A score from 1 to 100 that summarizes opinions from users and experts. The average CoreScore is 78. More...