Gold Nike Sneakers
Lifestyle sneakers are popular and highly-sought after for three main reasons – comfort, function, and, of course, style. This footwear category’s success is unquestionable since it shares a huge chunk of the footwear industry’s market. Because of this, footwear brands like Nike, Adidas, Puma, Reebok, Keds, Asics, New Balance, Skechers, Timberland, and more unceasingly design and manufacture top-of-the-line and trendy sneakers.
Sure, you can never go wrong with white sneakers or black sneakers. They are a sure hit, a safe-yet-fashionable footwear choice, a versatile piece - but there are a lot more options out there other than black and white. Life is full of colors, after all, right? Among a myriad of different color options for Nike sneakers, gold Nike sneakers stand out. Nike sneakers in gold colorways are chic and fun, plus they can instantly elevate any casual getup from boring to eye-catching. We’ve compiled a list of best gold Nike sneakers below.
Rose Gold Nike Shoes
One fashion trend that boomed recently is the rose gold trend. Rose gold, a combination of gold, silver, and copper, exudes a particular shade of metallic pink that subtly catches attention without being too strongly vibrant. This trend reached sneakers including Nike sneakers. Scroll down below for examples of rose gold Nike sneakers you can strut in anywhere.
Nike Air Max 97 Ultra “Metallic Rose Gold”
This modern upgrade to the Nike AM97 silhouette revealed a head-turning, fashion-forward colorway for the ladies called the Nike Air Max 97 Ultra “Metallic Rose Gold.” These rose gold Nike sneakers first dropped in North America on August 5, 2017, and followed by a worldwide release on August 17, 2017. Each pair retailed at an affordable price point of $160 a pair.
Key features of these metallic rose gold Nike shoes include the following:
- breathable and lightweight mesh and knit upper
- welded overlays for added support
- full-length visible Air sole unit
- loop tabs on the heel and tongue
- durable gum outsole
Nike Air Max Thea Premium “Rose Gold”
In 2016, Nike graced us with the rose gold version of its Nike Thea Premium shoes. These Nike rose gold sneakers are made in women’s sizing and crafted with premium materials. The upper dons a tonal metallic rose gold synthetic leather, while the Phylon midsole comes in white. The 2016 version released as part of Nike’s collaboration with Bandier and priced at $115 a pair.
In 2017, Nike re-released the Thea silhouette in "Metallic Red Bronze" colorway that boasts a rose gold upper with glittered sock liner, laces, and collar. These women’s rose gold Nike sneakers retail at $170 each pair.
Key features of these rose gold Nike shoes:
- Phylon midsole
- visible Air sole unit
- perforation detailing at the heel for improved breathability
- flat tonal laces
- a heel pull tab for easy on and off wear
- Solarsoft sock liner
- synthetic, leather, or textile upper material
Nike Air Max 270 “Barely Rose”
Although not precisely gold in appearance, the Nike Air Max 270 “Barely Rose” deserves a spot in our list. This women’s exclusive rose gold rendition of the famous Air Max silhouette is made for the summer with a light pink upper, striking rose gold details on the side Swoosh, tongue, and heel brandings, a white midsole, and a prominent berry-colored 270-degree Air Max unit.
Key features of these rose gold Nike shoes:
- low-top running-inspired silhouette
- 270-degree Air sole unit
- inner bootie construction in neoprene material
- gusseted tongue for a snug fit
- lightweight and breathable mesh knit upper
- a heel pull tab
- a unique asymmetrical lacing system
Most Notable Gold Nike Sneakers
Below you’ll find our curated list of notable gold sneakers from the Swoosh brand. These sneakers feature a distinctive gold upper that can definitely turn heads and give added oomph to your outfits. Note that these gold Nike sneakers follow a gold-colored theme but vary in design inspiration, profile cut, materials utilized, and technologies.
Nike Air Max 97 “Gold Bullet”
2017 marked the 20th anniversary of the iconic Air Max 97 shoes, and it was also the same year that Nike brought it back to glory for sneaker fanatics to relish. The re-release of the highly-coveted Air Max went too well that Nike yet again launched the OG “Gold Bullet” colorway in May 2018 for $160. These gold Nike women’s sneakers are also available in men’s sizing.
Key features of these gold Nike shoes:
- low-top, chunky profile
- Japanese bullet train-inspired design
- full-length Air sole unit
- leather and textile upper with mesh detailing
- lace-up fastening system
- heel and tongue loop tabs
Nike Air Max 270 “Elemental Gold”
Nike’s new silhouette, the Nike Air Max 270, shares an extensive catalog of unique colorways, including "Elemental Gold.” These gold Nike shoes fuse the unique and head-turner appeal of the AM270 with a luxurious gold-based color combination that garnered tons of positive feedbacks from Nike followers and regular consumers. Like other Air Max 270 colorways, this one released as part of the Nike Air Max Day celebrations and retailed for $150.
Key features of these gold Nike sneakers:
- low-top, running-inspired profile
- prominent 270-degree Air sole unit
- neoprene inner bootie construction
- one-piece tongue
- breathable mesh knit upper
- pull tab at the heel for easy on and off
- asymmetrical lacing
- Swoosh brandings along the side panels
Nike Air Huarache “Gold Rush”
These gold Nike shoes, which first dropped in April 2018, projects a luxurious appeal while maintaining the sporty façade of the original Nike Air Huarache silhouette. Despite its luxurious and premium look, the Nike Air Huarache “Gold Rush” can easily be availed at an affordable retail price of $120.
Key features of these Nike gold sneakers:
- Khaki suede upper with green-tinted hues neoprene inner bootie
- heel cage in a metallic gold finish
- tonal lace-up closure
Nike Air Max Plus “Gold”
The Nike Air Max Plus "Gold" made its debut on May 17, 2018, alongside other notable gold Nike shoes, the AM 97 “Gold Bullet” and the Nike Air Vapormax 97 “Gold,” as a four-pack collection called the “Metallic Gold” Collection. These Nike gold sneakers, which display a luxurious gold upper, retail at $200.
Key features of these metallic Nike gold shoes:
- low-top running inspired profile
- synthetic upper with bold injected ribs detailing
- Max Air unit in the heel and forefoot
- Tuned Air technology in the heel area of the midsole
- durable rubber outsole for traction
Nike Air Vapormax 97 “Gold”
Also released in May 2018 as part of the “Metallic Gold” Collection is the golden iteration of the Nike Air VaporMax 97 shoe. Its metallic gold upper is a borrowed element from the renowned AM97 “Metallic Gold” colorway, while its sole unit is another familiar sight especially for solid Nike followers – a chunky VaporMax sole unit that gives superior comfort on foot. These gold Nike shoes retail at $190 for each pair.
Key features of these favorite Nike gold kicks:
- synthetic overlays and mesh upper
- reflective 3M piping
- hidden lace-up closure
- heel and tongue loop tabs
- Air VaporMax rubber sole
- Swoosh brandings on the sides and tongue
Nike Air Max 90 “Wheat Gold”
These gold Nike sneakers are exclusive for the ladies. The Nike AM90 “Wheat Gold” hints shade of white, gold, and yellow throughout the upper while the sole unit remains clean-looking in white. This women's exclusive release dropped on August 2, 2018, for $140.
Key features of these Nike shoes:
- durable suede upper
- leather Swoosh reinforcement on the sides
- foam midsole with visible Max Air cushioning
- waffle-patterned rubber outsole
- flex grooves
Black and Gold Nike Shoes
Black and gold Nike shoes are also a top favorite for sneakerheads and even the general sneaker market. The color combination is gender-neutral, sophisticated, and offers flexibility in styling. The black effortlessly harmonizes with the gold, and vice-versa.
Nike Air Presto “Gold Safari”
This particular colorway of the Nike Air Presto shoe features a rich University Gold upper that perfectly contrasts with the black Safari print heel cage and white midsole for a bold and street style-approved visual. The Nike Air Presto “Gold Safari” or otherwise known as Nike Air Presto Safari Pack Gold Black released in May 2017.
Key features of these black and gold Nike sneakers:
- stretchy neoprene and mesh upper for a snug fit
- a heel pull tab
- Air sole cushioning
- Swoosh brandings across the sidewalls and on the toe box
- Safari printed midfoot cage, heel, and toe bumper
- padded sock liner
- black laces
Nike SF Air Force 1 Mid “Elemental Gold”
The Nike SF AF1 Mid joins our catalog of gold Nike sneakers offered in women’s sizing. The "Elemental Gold" colorway, in particular, provides a clean visual with its monochromatic look and signature Air Force 1 design details. These gold Nike shoes came in women’s sizing from 5 to 12 and retailed for $160.
Key features of these gold Nike women’s sneakers:
- mid-top basketball-inspired profile
- premium leather and ballistic nylon upper
- Velcro ankle strap for a lockdown fit
- lace-up closure
- double zip closure at the heel
- perforation detailing on the toe box
- Air sole unit at the heel
- a heel pull tab
Nike Air Foamposite Pro “Metallic Gold”
The ever-iconic Foamposite Pro get dressed with a metallic gold finish and immediately became many sneakerheads’ favorite black and gold Nike sneakers. This luxurious-looking Swoosh released as part of the brand’s 2017 Holiday Collection for a price of $230.
Key features of these premium black and gold Nike shoes:
- high-top basketball-inspired profile
- metallic gold Foamposite carbon fiber upper
- black accents on the eyelets, tongue, laces, linings, and outsole
- full-length Zoom Air sole unit
- “Dynamic Fit” inner sleeve
- pull loop tabs on the heel and tongue
- lace-up closure
Other black and gold Nike sneakers:
- Nike Air Force 1 07 (Metallic Gold/Black/Red Orbit/Metallic Gold) - $120
- Nike Air Darwin (Wheat Gold/Gum Medium Brown/Yellow Ochre/Black) - $130
- Nike Air Max Speed Turf (University Gold/White/Black/Metallic Silver) - $140
- Nike Air More Money (Metallic Gold/Black/Metallic Gold) - $160
- Nike Air Max 97 QS (Black/Metallic Gold/White/Varsity Red) - $180
Nike Sneakers with Hints of Gold
For this section, we categorize gold sneakers not solely on their dominantly gold uppers. Below are Nike sneakers that also stand out because of their gold accents. These Nike shoes flaunt an upper of a different color with striking gold accents on some parts.
Nike Air Max 90/1 “Metallic Max”
The hybrid Air Max shoe model has been receiving a myriad of beautiful colorways for its 2018 releases, and it includes a white and gold combination named as "Metallic Max." Perhaps one of the cleanest, if not the most, color scheme so far, this Nike shoe's minimally designed white upper shows off signature Swoosh brandings in a metallic gold finish. It released on September 1, 2018, for $140.
Nike SB P-Rod 2.5 “Blue and Gold”
Worry not about skating in style with these low-top skate shoes from Nike. The Nike SB P-Rod 2.5 is one of professional skateboarder Paul Rodriguez’s, AKA P-Rod, signature shoes from the brand. These blue and gold Nike shoes feature a bright blue suede upper with double stitching details on high abrasion areas. Gold accents are seen on the large side Swoosh and tongue and heel brandings.
Key features of these blue and gold Nike sneakers:
- premium suede upper
- lightly padded tongue and collar
- heel support
- low-top skate shoe construction
- thin Zoom Air insole
- EVA midsole
- Herringbone-patterned outsole
Nike Air Humara 17 QS “Elemental Gold & Neo Turquoise”
These purple and gold Nike shoes are both functional and stylish. The Air Humara 17 QS displays a rugged appeal fit for streetwear fashion. Nike’s signature Elemental Gold color pops on the overlays and gives the right contrast to the splashes of purple, turquoise, and platinum throughout the rest of the upper. Each pair of this street-ready Swoosh originally retails for $140.
Key features of these purple and gold Nike shoes:
- Low-top profile
- mesh upper with leather overlays
- foam sole with encapsulated Air and Zoom Air cushioning
- durable rubber outsole
- reflective details
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do you style gold Nike sneakers?
Since gold Nike sneakers often have a metallic finish, it is best to pair them with basics and neutral so you’ll avoid overdoing your look. Here are a few styling tips for gold Nike shoes:
- Gold Nike shoes match well with whites. The metallic accent given by these shoes somehow break out the monochromatic look of an all-white outfit.
- Have fun with the look. Maximize the bold look of gold Nike sneakers by pairing them with an all-black ensemble.
- You can also make Nike sneakers in gold colorways as the statement piece of your outfit. Draw the attention to your shoes by wearing a simple outfit combination.
2. What looks great with rose gold Nike shoes?
Rose gold Nike sneakers make casual outfits look more stylish and chic. You can pair them with variations of gray because it complements well with the feminine color of these shoes. A pair of light wash denim is also a good choice for a laidback look.
3. Are gold sneakers from Nike expensive?
Gold Nike sneakers may radiate a luxurious vibe, but that doesn’t mean that they are inevitably expensive. Although generally, they are priced slightly higher than average Nike sneakers, there are still affordable Nike sneakers that offer gold colorways such as the Nike Air Huarache and the Nike Air Max Thea.
4. What are the disadvantages of gold shoes?
Gold sneakers, regardless of sneaker brand, can be challenging to wear, unlike black and white sneakers. They often have a high-shine finish that makes them a bit challenging to wear on a day-to-day basis or with casual getups. Aside from this, there is a smaller selection of gold sneakers in the market as they are not as widely available as white sneakers.
5. Why should I get a pair of gold Nike casual shoes?
Gold Nike sneakers are a must-have wardrobe staple for simple reasons:
- They are stylish and can easily elevate any style.
- Like most Nike shoes, they are durable and made of premium Nike quality.
- They are a classic. This kind of sneakers never goes out of style.
- Gold Nike sneakers fuse luxury looks with athleisure.
6. Where can I get an awesome pair of gold-colored Nike lifestyle shoes?
Nike sneakers are available on Nike’s official website and at Nike flagship stores. Nike’s partner retailers also sell different sneaker models from the brand including gold-colored ones. Gold Nike sneakers are also being offered here at RunRepeat. Just go to our sneakers main page here, and select the "gold" + "Nike" filters located on the left side of the page. From there, a list of currently available gold Nike sneakers will show up.
7. What is the proper way to clean my Nike sneakers that are gold in color?
Cleaning is vital to maintaining the look and quality of your much-loved pairs. Thus, it is also essential to be aware of the know-how and proper cleaning techniques for gold Nike sneakers. Here are some cleaning tips:
- One option is to buy available sneaker cleaning kits in the market. Such kits contain everything you need to give the proper cleaning and maintenance for your sneakers.
- Wash laces with cold water.
- Air out the insoles to eliminate bad odor. Removable insoles can be stored in an enclosed box with baking soda to remove any funky smell.
- Use mild soap and water solution with a soft brush when cleaning your shoes.
- Avoid using harsh or strong chemicals or solutions as they can cause damage to the color and materials of your Nike sneakers.
- Allow your Nike sneakers to air dry after cleaning.
8. Gold Nike shoes use what kind of materials?
Nike sneakers that are gold in color also vary in materials like any other shoes. Most of the metallic gold ones utilize leather as their primary upper material for the much-needed sparkles and shine. Still, gold Nike shoes are not limited to leather. Some models use mesh, knit, suede, canvas, or a combination of different materials.
9. Aside from Nike, which brands also offer gold sneakers?
Almost every sneaker brand existing today has a collection of gold sneakers comparable to those offered by Nike. Like Keds, which is known for its laid-back metallic sneakers exclusive for the ladies. Its iconic Champion silhouette even received a glittered metallic gold and rose gold versions as part of its collaboration with Kate Spade. Other sneaker brands include Adidas, Puma, and Reebok.
10. Are there any high-top gold sneakers from Nike?
Yes. Nike also offers gold colorways for some of its high-top shoe models, including the following:
15 best gold Nike sneakers
- Nike Air Foamposite Pro
- Nike Air Max 97 Ultra 17
- Nike Air Foamposite One
- Nike Air Force 1 07 LV8
- Nike Air Force 1 07 Low Camo
- Nike Air Force 1 07 High
- Nike Lunar Force 1 Duckboot
- Nike Air Max Zero QS
- Nike Blazer Low
- Nike Air Max 90 Essential
- Nike Air VaporMax 97
- Nike Shox Gravity
- Nike Air Max 97 CR7
- Nike Air Wild
- Nike Air Humara 17 QS
A score from 1 to 100 that summarizes opinions from users and experts. The average CoreScore is 78. More...