When you need a pair that can keep your feet dry, you can take a look at what Columbia waterproof hiking boots have to offer. They are designed to provide adequate protection from most kinds of wet trail conditions. They also provide the traction, support, and comfort your feet need while you’re out hiking. At the same time, these models are crafted with an emphasis on comfort and fit so your performance won’t be compromised. Grab these Columbia waterproof hiking boots and discover how you can benefit from them.
How men's and women's Columbia waterproof hiking boots manage to keep your feet dry
The brand’s best waterproof hikers are equipped with an Omni-Tech liner to protect your feet from various wet trail conditions. This membrane consists of an outer shell and an inner microporous shell within a seam-sealed bootie. The former prevents water from getting in while the latter allows excess moisture to escape. This technology grants Columbia waterproof hiking boots with sufficient protection from the elements while maintaining enough breathability for your feet.
You can also find Outdry in many Columbia offerings. This Italian technology has a one-piece construction, completely sealing the water out. Just like other waterproof linings, Outdry also has a breathable performance.
The ideal environment for your Columbia waterproof hiking boots
There are instances when you might encounter various trail obstacles involving water while you’re outdoors. The brand’s selection of capable hiking boots that prevent water intrusion is a worthy consideration if you want to keep your feet dry. Shown below are some factors to consider before wearing the brand’s waterproof hikers.
- The environment you’re going to explore should not be too dry or humid. The waterproof membrane in these boots restricts airflow to a certain degree, increasing the chances of your feet to sweat. If your trip is set in this kind of terrain, it’s best to wear hiking boots that allow your feet to breathe.
- Columbia hikers with waterproof performance are best used in an environment filled with various wet trail obstacles. Some of these are streams, muddy trails, and dew-soaked grass, among others. The construction of these boots allows them to prevent water from coming in contact with your feet while you’re out and about.
- Unpredictable weather can be a detriment, especially if the pair you’re wearing doesn’t offer protection from the elements. The finest Columbia waterproof hiking boots are engineered to handle drizzles and sudden showers to keep your feet dry and protected.
- Columbia waterproof hiking boots are crafted to give you ample support. This quality is important to prevent your ankles from suddenly twisting on the trail. If you’re going to bring a backpack on your trip, it’s recommended to choose a pair that supports this additional weight. If you plan on going light, you’d be better off with lightweight hiking shoes that protect your feet from the water.
How to get the most out of your Columbia waterproof hiking boots
Although Columbia waterproof hiking boots are capable of protecting your feet from water, their performance can still be enhanced. There are several accessories you can consider adding to these hikers for a better hiking experience. Shown below are some options you might want to think about.
- Attaching a pair of gaiters to your Columbia waterproof hiking boots improves the overall protection against the elements. This accessory prevents water from entering the gear by covering the collar. In doing so, you can hike through rain or wade through ankle-high streams without getting your feet wet.
- The socks that you wear play an important role in your adventure. In this case, Merino wool socks are the ideal partner for your Columbia waterproof hiking boots. This material is known to regulate temperature so your feet won’t sweat profusely. It also dries up quickly after being exposed to water. These benefits will come in handy, especially if you’re going to encounter a number of wet trail conditions on your hike.
How to care for your Columbia waterproof hiking boots
Cleaning your waterproof hikers is a must after each trip. This should be done to preserve their quality and make them last longer. Here are the brand’s tips on how to keep your Columbia waterproof hiking boots in good shape.
- Remove the insole of your hikers first before washing them. In doing so, you’ll be able to clean those hard-to-reach areas better.
- Rinse your Columbia waterproof hiking boots under running water. Use a mild detergent and a soft bristled brush to get rid of any stain or traces of dirt on your gear.
- Apply a water repellent finish on your Columbia waterproof hiking boots while they’re still damp.
- Leave your newly-washed hikers in an airy spot to dry. Never place them near any direct source of heat as it may damage them.
7 best Columbia waterproof hiking boots
- Columbia Firecamp Boot
- Columbia Newton Ridge Plus II Waterproof
- Columbia Terrebonne II Mid Outdry
- Columbia Wayfinder Mid Outdry
- Columbia Redmond V2 Mid Waterproof
- Columbia Daska Pass III Titanium Outdry
- Columbia Redmond Mid Waterproof
A score from 1 to 100 that summarizes opinions from users and experts. The average CoreScore is 78. More...