In 2017, footwear retailer Foot Locker reported that the demand for high-priced basketball shoes has diminished. In an earnings announcement, Foot Locker CEO Richard Johnson said, "sales of some recent top styles fell well short of our expectations."
Expensive Michael Jordan, LeBron James, and even Stephen Curry basketball shoes are no longer selling like hot cakes. Instead, buyers are now more interested in cheaper basketball sneakers rather than shoes endorsed by high-profile NBA superstars.
Most of the shoe brands (including Under Armour) saw a huge drop in sales. In an effort to recover revenue after a dismal 2017, Under Armour is shifting their focus from high-priced sneakers to cheap Under Armour basketball shoes that still fit into the ‘sportstyle’ or ‘athleisure’ trend. According to UA CEO Kevin Plank, the company will focus more on selling products that are $100 and below.
The company’s strategy seems to be working but it comes at a price. "We are tracking well against our multi-year transformation to build a stronger, leaner and more operationally excellent company," Plank told analysts. However, he also said that "no one is at any way declaring victory."
Most Popular Cheap Under Armour Basketball Shoes
A low price doesn’t necessarily mean bad quality. While cheap basketball shoes don’t have the top-tier technologies present in shoes such as the 6th Stephen Curry signature shoes and the HOVR Havoc. they are are still able to deliver with flying colors. Here, we will take a look at some of the best-performing yet still cheap Under Armour basketball shoes.
- Under Armour Curry 3ZER0 II. Stephen Curry’s team-oriented 3ZER0 line received a price cut in 2018. Retailing for $100 (compared to $120 for the first Curry 3ZER0), the second Curry 3ZER0 still packs a lot of punch. These Curry basketball shoes feature a molded maxprene upper for maximum breathability. A dual-density midsole (Micro G foam combined with Charged cushioning) offers the ultimate mix of underfoot comfort and explosive energy return.
- Under Armour M-Tag Low. These cheap Under Armour basketball shoes do not skimp on performance. The UA M-Tag Low boasts a compression mesh upper with strategically placed microfiber overlays for increased support and protection. Integrated lace loops and an internal cage keep the foot locked-in. Underfoot, an EVA midsole provides long-lasting cushioning.
- Under Armour Torch. Despite its low price, the Under Armour Torch still comes equipped with some of UA’s best technologies. Like some of Curry’s previous models, these cheap Under Armour basketball shoes boast a full-length Micro G midsole that provides explosive energy return. An engineered mesh upper delivers increased support and breathability.
- Under Armour Rocket 2. The Under Armour Rocket 2 is another example of ‘bang for your buck.’ These high-top basketball shoes from Under Armour also boasts a full-length Micro G sockliner and midsole. A lightweight leather upper provides flexible support while a ‘burrito tongue’ delivers a precise fit.
- Under Armour Jet Mid 2017. For something well below a hundred bucks, the Under Armour Jet 2017 certainly offers excellent value in return. These mid-top basketball shoes feature a mix of leather and textile materials for breathable support. A well-padded ankle collar and compression molded EVA midsole ensure a comfortable ride that will last all day long.
- Under Armour Lockdown 2. The Lockdown 2 is another budget-friendly basketball sneaker from Under Armour. It features a padded high-top collar for increased support and comfort. These basketball shoes also boast a durable yet flexible leather upper that is said to be water resistant.
- Under Armour Lockdown 3. Under Armour is on a roll with their pocket-friendly models. The UA Lockdown 3 is $10 cheaper than its predecessor; however, it delivers almost the same performance on and off the hardwood. The upper has been retooled with a combination of leather and mesh with synthetic overlays for breathable support. A similar EVA midsole provides lightweight cushioning underfoot.
- Under Armour Jet Low. Just like its mid-top counterpart, the Jet Low is another budget-friendly basketball shoe from Under Armour. These low-top sneakers are equipped with the same EVA midsole and sockliner for a light and comfortable ride. A mesh tongue and engineered perforations along the quarter panels offer increased breathability for all-day comfort.
- Under Armour Get B Zee. Having a cheap price doesn’t mean you are getting a low-quality shoe. Take the Under Armour Get B Zee for example. For Just $85, these UA basketball shoes are equipped with a lightweight textile upper with leather panels for breathable support. The Get B Zee also boasts a dual density midsole (Micro G foam with Charged cushioning) for comfort and energy return. Under Armour also equipped these shoes with a die-cut, anti-microbial Ortholite insole that molds to the shape of the foot. To top things off, an adjustable ankle strap not only adds style but also ensures a locked-in fit.
8 best cheap Under Armour basketball shoes
- Under Armour Torch Low
- Under Armour Torch
- Under Armour Jet Mid
- Under Armour Lockdown 2
- Under Armour Get B Zee
- Under Armour Jet 2019
- Under Armour Lockdown 4
- Under Armour Lockdown 3
A score from 1 to 100 that summarizes opinions from users and experts. The average CoreScore is 78. More...