$120 $66 Save 45%
$160 $97 Save 39%
$150 $80 Save 47%
$140 $90 Save 36%
$150 $90 Save 40%
$60 $40 Save 33%
$150 $80 Save 47%
$100 $52 Save 48%
$110 $74 Save 33%
$120 $70 Save 42%
$60 $48 Save 20%
$65 $39 Save 40%
$150 $85 Save 43%
$120 $100 Save 17%
$120 $70 Save 42%
$190 $143 Save 25%
$75 $60 Save 20%
$120 $84 Save 30%
$100 $73 Save 27%
$120 $80 Save 33%
$85 $55 Save 35%
$90 $43 Save 52%
$120 $75 Save 38%
$90 $44 Save 51%
$85 $43 Save 49%
$140 $79 Save 44%
$85 $58 Save 32%
$130 $65 Save 50%
Black Nike running shoes
The black color has different connotations, but just like any other colors, it has both negative and positive characteristics. It is associated with death, mourning, elegance, and mystery. Black color has also significant meaning in business and Feng Shui.
Black is one of the first colors used in arts, and in the world of fashion, it portrays a powerful and classy look. Since it is a neutral shade and can be matched with any other colors, black dresses, black running shoes, black bags, black clothing, and black accessories have become ageless. Black Nike running shoes, for example, have become very popular nowadays.
Black: Color psychology and meaning
Black is associated with many things, both positive and negative. It connotes strength, sophistication, formal, and mystery, but it is also associated with negative traits like sadness, negativity, and depression.
- Elegance - Black is a simple color but it is widely used because of the elegance it brings, especially when it comes to clothing. Compared to colorful outfits, black is fancier. A black outfit can be worn with almost any accessories. There is no question why this color is often used for special events and celebrations. You’ll never go wrong with black dresses and black suits.
- Power - The black color can be intimidating. It is associated with strong, negative emotions. Too much black can be overpowering as it shows superiority, discipline, and authority. Black is linked to power and whoever is wearing black is allowing themselves to be differentiated from others.
- Death and Mourning - In many countries and cultures, black is associated with death and mourning. It expresses grief and shows the severity of the loss. However, in ancient Egypt, this color represents life and a new beginning.
- Evil - Black is linked with evil and associated with supernatural powers. Even in the movies, black is used to differentiate the villain. The color is also linked with mystery and the unknown.
Reasons to wear black Nike running shoes
Some people find the black color to be boring and neutral, especially when it comes to running shoes. Some wearers pay close attention to eye-catching colors while others give functionality more importance. Here are some reasons why you must consider wearing a black running shoe:
- It never goes out of style. Black Nike running shoes are always in. Technically, it works for any season. Either you wear a black trail shoe or black road running shoe, it will always stand out.
- It matches with different colors. Black is standard and neutral. You won’t have any problem matching it with different colors. You can absolutely wear it light or dark shirt and pants.
- Black Nike running shoes are affordable. You can purchase an affordable black running shoe that is stylish and durable. The price may range from $80 to $110.
- Most Nike running shoe models are available in black color. If you prefer black running shoes, Nike has plenty to offer, from daily running to racing shoes. These black Nike running shoes sometimes go with red, blue, yellow, and green.
All black men’s and women’s Nike running shoes
All black running shoes will surely stand out no matter what your running activity is. Some of the Nike running shoes that come in all black color are the following:
Nike Free Commuter
The latest version of the Nike Free Commuter comes in all black color option. Designed for the roads, the shoe features an ultra-packable design. The shoe is built to give runners a comfortable and responsive ride. This model is one of the affordable yet reliable running shoes from Nike, and it is also available in different colors.
Nike Flex Experience RN
A lightweight shoe designed for road running, The Nike Flex Experience RN 7 offers flexibility and bounce. It is one of the most affordable shoes that comes in a very versatile design. The shoe is used by runners not just for running but also for walking and gym training. It offers the right amount of comfort, underfoot protection and traction.
Nike Air Zoom Terra Kiger
The Terra Kiger model is built for the trail. It is very lightweight with a very low heel-drop. The upper of the running shoe is very breathable and supportive. The midsole is not too firm, and not too soft. It is very responsive, and the traction is very reliable. It also offers a great amount of protection, preventing injuries and bruises while running on the uneven surfaces. The shoe is available in a wide range of color combinations.
Nike Odyssey React Shield
Odyssey React is one of the reliable running shoes from Nike. This water-repellent version of the Odyssey React comes in different color options, and the all-black design really stands out. The latest version offers excellent foot protection, comfortable fit, and impressive performance. The Odyssey React Shield is meant for the roads and it has a light structure, allowing runners to survive any distance.
Best black Nike running shoe models
Nike is one of the popular brands in the running industry. The brand offers different types of sportswear, from shoes to apparel to accessories. Aside from cheap running shoes, Nike also offers their footwear in a wide range of colors. Some of the shoe models that are available in black are the following:
Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 35
The Pegasus 35 is the longest-running running shoe from Nike. Available in both men’s and women’s version, the Pegasus 35 delivers a smooth, well-cushioned, and responsive ride. The model is very versatile that it can be used for daily training, medium-paced runs, and full marathon distances. The running shoe is built for runners of all level.
The Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 35 is packed with various Nike technologies including the notable Zoom Air unit, which extends entire midsole of the shoe. It has a lightweight design and out-turned collar for Achilles comfort. Just like the other Pegasus versions, the latest iteration gained a generally positive feedback.
Nike Free RN 2018
Another popular shoe from Nike is the Free RN 2018. It is a lightweight running shoe built for runners with neutral foot motion. The running shoe is meant for quick-paced training and short runs. It is not as expensive as the other shoes in the market today, but it is very reliable and durable. The 2018 version of the Nike Free RN gained several positive comments from professional and casual runners.
The shoe has been redesigned to further enhance its performance on the roads. It delivers enhanced flexibility, comfortable design, and a more barefoot-like feel. Tagged as the most versatile shoe in the Free RN family, the Nike Free RN 2018 has a street-ready design, allowing wearers to easily match it with any everyday outfit.
Nike Free RN Flyknit 2018
Available in all-black and other color options, the Free RN Flyknit 2018 makes many runners happy and satisfied. It is a lightweight running shoe meant for short distance runs. The shoe has been redesigned for more flexibility, bounce, and comfort. It also gives runners a more barefoot-feel and sock-like fit.
Nike Odyssey React
The Odyssey React is a running shoe best for neutral runners. The lightweight design of the shoe makes it ideal for long-distance runs and quick-paced training. The shoe promises to deliver a light yet responsive ride. Along with the responsiveness is the breathable upper, comfortable fit, reliable traction, and enhanced flexibility.
Since its release, the Odyssey React has continuously made every runner happy and satisfied. The shoe is available in black and other color variations. It is also available in water-repellent version.
Nike Air Zoom Structure 22
The Nike Air Zoom Structure 22 is designed for road running and it has a street-ready design, making it also great for casual walking. Aside from the right amount of support, the shoe also offers durable underfoot cushioning, reliable traction, and breathable coverage. The running shoe is available in both men’s and women’s version, and there are plenty of color variations to choose from.
Ten colors that go well with black
Black is the darkest color. It is a color without hue, but it is also the favorite of many artists, fashion designers, and fascists. There are different shades of black, such as onyx, charcoal, and black olive.
No matter what the shade is, black remains to be the most versatile color that can be matched with other colors. Below are some of the colors that go well with black:
- Pink – Pink is a warm and fun color that is associated with love and romance. Black, on the other hand, is associated with death and other gloomy emotions. In the world of fashion, black and pink are a popular color combination, and it is the same in the running shoe industry. Some Nike running shoes are offered in black and pink color combinations. The Legend React and Epic React Flyknit are examples of reliable Nike pink and black running shoes.
- Grey – Like black, grey blends well with other colors. It also comes in different variations including cool grey, slate grey, cadet grey, and ash grey among others. For runners who are looking for black and grey Nike running shoes, they should consider the Nike Air VaporMax Flyknit 2 for road running and Nike Air Zoom Wildhorse 4 for the trail.
- Yellow – If you will mix colors black and yellow, it will create color green. When it comes to clothing, home decoration, and sneakers, pairing black with yellow will show a bold color combination. Unfortunately, black and yellow Nike running shoes are not very common, but there are other colorways to choose from.
- Gold – Gold is a color associated with wealth and extravagance. Black and gold colors, when matched together, will give a very elegant combination. There are a few black and gold Nike running shoes available in the market and these shoes give runners not just elegance but also satisfying performance.
- White – White is a very common and basic color to perfectly match with black. This color combination is timeless, and you can never go wrong with black and white. These colors can also be matched with any other colors like grey and red. Black and white are go-to colors, and when it comes to sports shoes, runners can easily find black and white Nike running shoes. Other brands are also selling several shoe models in black and white colors.
- Red – The red color is associated with love, passion, power, and strength. This color comes in a wide variety of shades including scarlet, rusty red, crimson, and blood red. When matched with black, the two colors will show a strong color combination. Similar with black and white, red and black Nike running shoes are also very popular.
- Orange – When it comes sports shoes, orange, and black color combination is very common. For example, there are several Nike orange and black running shoes to choose from. There are cheap options and there are also expensive models. If you like orange and black, just remember that colors are not the indicator of the shoe’s performance.
- Green – Green is a sparkling color and it represents growth and renewal. It is versatile enough to match well with black. Using different shades of green, you can easily find black and green Nike running shoes that suit well to your tastes.
- Blue – Some of the men’s and women’s Nike running shoes are available in blue and black color combinations. These colors go well together, creating a stunning appearance on varied running surfaces. A few examples of the best black and blue Nike running shoes are the Renew Rival Shield, Pegasus 35 Shield, and Epic React Flyknit.
- Purple – If you love purple and black colors, then you should also purchase a pair of black and purple Nike running shoe. Though this color combination is not common among Nike’s running shoe lineup, when you wear one, you will surely stand out.
Keeping up with your black Nike running shoes
Getting the most out of your running shoe and maintaining its good condition is a bit challenging. So how do you exactly keep up your black Nike running shoe?
Here are some tips:
Wear the right shoe.
No matter how hard you keep your shoe in good condition, if you are wearing the wrong shoe, everything won’t matter. When it comes to running shoes, always buy a pair for its functional reason and not because of its style. Wearing the right shoe will also prevent injuries from happening.
Nike offers a wide range of running shoe collections and there are plenty of color variations to choose from. Finding the right black Nike running shoe is much easier now. You can absolutely purchase a pair that is both stylish and functional.
Preparation is important.
A little shoe preparation is very helpful in the long run. It is important to air-dry the shoe after every run. This is important especially if you run on wet surfaces or through paddles. The moisture in the shoe, which remains wet for a long period, may affect the structural durability of the footwear. Make this a practice and you’ll be amazed by the result.
Wash your running shoe in the washing machine only once.
If you want to maintain the elegant look of your black Nike running shoe, avoid using the washing machine. You can do it once or maybe twice, but hand washing is always the best option. Machine wash is not good for the midsole and other parts of the shoe. When using the washing machine, make sure to remove the insole first and wash the shoe on a gentle cycle.
Aside from using the washing machine, you should also avoid the dryer. Never put your black Nike running shoes in the dryer because extreme heat may alter the shape and color of the shoes. Once the shape is altered you will experience changes in the fit, which is very important.
You should also keep your shoes away from the stove, heater, and other equipment that generates extreme heat. The hot temperature will melt the glue and thus, affecting the durability of the shoe.
Clean your running shoes gently.
In cleaning your black Nike running shoes, you only need a toothbrush, mild soap and vinegar. You can also use a mild shoe cleaner. Using a toothbrush, gently scrub the shoes and then dry them well. Take the insoles and put some paper towels inside the shoe to absorb the excess moisture. Air drying is advisable to maintain the shape of the running shoe.
The weather also plays a significant role.
Running on extreme hot condition affects the life of your black running shoe. Aside from the temperature that affects directly the material of the shoe, the sweat you produced as you run penetrates into the midsole and affects its performance. During summer, you will sweat more, and the sweat goes down to your foot and to the shoe itself. If you run more outside on hot weather, expect your shoe to retire earlier than expected.
Know the right time to replace your running shoe.
It is important to learn when to exactly replace your running shoe and do not let the condition of the footwear fool you. Running indoor and running outdoor will result in two different shoe conditions. When you run indoor, after several miles, you will see the shoe a lot cleaner and everything stays intact. Running outdoors will show the opposite; dirt is stuck and you’ll see visible abrasions, especially on the outsole.
Frequently asked questions
What is the cheapest black Nike running shoe?
The Revolution 4 FlyEase is the cheapest black running shoe from Nike. It is a lightweight road running shoe that also features a street-ready design.
What is the best black Nike running shoe for daily running?
Colors are not the indicator of the shoe’s performance. Most of the Nike running shoes are available in black colors, including the popular Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 35 and Structure 22. These shoes are designed for daily road running.
Is it better to buy black running shoes from Nike?
The color does not affect the shoe’s performance and quality. You can always buy running shoes in different colors, based on your preferences. But black is a neutral color, you can match it easily with other colors.
What is the best way to clean a black Nike running shoe?
Running shoes are not difficult to maintain but they need a regular cleaning. Here are the simple procedures on how you should clean your running shoes:
- Using a toothbrush, brush the outsole and remove the dirt. Hose down dogged spots.
- For the insole, use a mild soap, vinegar and water mixture. Scrub the insole, rinse and air dry.
- Brush off or scrub the upper using a mild soap and water.
- Stuff the shoes with paper towels or newspaper. Let it dry.
Black running shoe or white? Which is better?
Either black or white, the performance of the shoe depends on its technologies, structure, and versatility. Colors are not important if you only want to have a pair that can perform well according to your needs. Always remember to buy a shoe because of its functionality.
Aside from black, what other colors of running shoes can I buy from Nike?
Nike is one of the brands that are selling running shoes in different colors. There are light colors for women’s running shoes and a lot of darker colors for the men. Some of the colors include red, blue, brown, grey, violet, and pink. With NIKEiD you can always choose your own color and design.
Can I customize my black Nike running shoe?
Yes. NIKEiD offers affordable running shoe customization. You can absolutely pick the colors and style it according to your preferences. Nike also allows customers to add a Personal iD to the shoe to signify that it is custom-made. Running shoes, sneakers, and training shoes are some of the products available for customization. However, since the shoe is made according to exact specifications, customers need to wait four to six weeks for the item to arrive.
15 best black Nike running shoes
- Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 35
- Nike Free RN Flyknit 2018
- Nike Downshifter 7
- Nike Revolution 4
- Nike Renew Arena
- Nike Zoom Fly
- Nike Zoom Fly Flyknit
- Nike Free RN 2018
- Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 34
- Nike Air Zoom Vomero 14
- Nike Odyssey React
- Nike Epic React Flyknit
- Nike Epic React Flyknit 2
- Nike Air VaporMax Flyknit
- Nike Flex Experience RN 7
A score from 1 to 100 that summarizes opinions from users and experts. The average CoreScore is 78. More...