Disclosure: We are reader supported, and earn affiliate commissions when you buy through us.
Best Black Converse Sneakers - September 2019
Like white, black is another color that is likely a choice by people in a variety of things. For black color does not show extravagance but the ability to adapt. Like with the Converse sneakers, aside from white Converse shoes, followers and wearers highly opt for black Converse shoes because it can stylishly match not only a myriad of casual outfits but also semi-formal attire.
There are also highly sought Converse shoes available in other colors such as red, blue, pink or purple and silver, but the black and white hues are more in demand. Prolly because they have the ability to blend and adapt to other colors. Black may also mean elegance, power, status, sophistication, formality, sexy and mystery.
Black Converse sneakers have proven themselves timeless and versatile. They were able to captivate the heart of both men and women of different ages, of all walks of life. Even celebrities are fascinated by these shoes and seen rocking them like Madonna, Rihanna, Kristen Stewart, and Miley Cyrus, among others.
Some Black Converse Shoes
Some of the black converse sneakers for men, as well as women, according to their collar height:
1. Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Core Ox
For people who want to get a pair of black and white Converse shoes that can greatly complement any casual ensemble, they may check out the Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Core Ox. People can also grab this edition in other colorways too. A must-have classic, it is a fashion staple that also provides desirable comfort while keeping its wearer in style.
- Retailed at $49.99 pricing point
- With a lace-up construction, it has a durable canvas upper that offers breathability and style.
- Like other black Converse sneakers, it has a cushioned footbed that gives desirable comfort.
- This sneaker highlights the Oxford-cut which is the initial low-top version of the All Star from Converse.
- It is available in sizes 3 to 18 US for men while 5 to 19 US for women. It is reported to run large, so it is suggested to take a ½ size down to get a snug fit.
2. Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Leather Ox
Changing the traditional canvas material, the Converse CT All Star Leather Ox has a durable leather upper that has a classic and neutral shade. If you are looking for a pair of black leather Converse shoes, then you may try this iteration. It is also available in other monochromatic palettes which are contrasted by the All Star’s toe cap. This older edition is the low-cut profile shoe that gained its popularity in the 1970s.
- Retailed at an affordable-priced rate.
- The Converse CT AS Leather Ox is available in sizes from 3 to 18 US for men and from 5 to 14 US for women.
- The strengthened lace-up closure has metal eyelets, providing a secure and snug fit.
- Like other black Converse sneakers, it has a durable and flexible rubber outsole with classic stripe detail and textured tread that keeps the foot steady in different surfaces.
3. Converse El Distrito
If you opt to get a pair of Converse shoes in all black with a minimalist appeal, you may check out the El Distrito. It features the Star Chevron logo on the sides which dominates the upper, providing a classy touch. This iteration is not only comfortable for walking but also keeps a person stay in style.
- Converse El Distrito is offered in men sizing ranges from 5 to 13 US in medium width. This shoe is reported to run small, so sizing ½ up is suggested.
- Like other black Converse shoes, this iteration is up for grabs at a budget-friendly pricing point.
- It has a cushioned footbed that gives comfort and support.
- With a lace-up construction, this shoe has a durable canvas upper and vulcanized midsole and outsole.
4. Converse Chuck II Low Top
With enhanced features, this iteration is the upgraded version of the Chuck All Star. The Chuck II Low Top from Converse is lighter, stronger and more reliable. It received the 360-degree comfort treatment that enables the feet to have more cushioned experience. If you are eyeing for a pair of black and white Converse sneakers that you can rock with a variety of casual outfits, this shoe is a must-have.
- The Converse Chuck II Low Top is up for grabs at a budget-friendly pricing point.
- It utilizes the padded and non-slip tongue Microsuede lining.
- With the natural gum rubber outsole, it offers a sure-footed grip.
- It uses the Nike Lunarlon sockliner for cushioning.
- The canvas upper gives lightweight comfort and breathability.
- With a lace-up system for an adjustable fit, it has shoelaces with metal aglets.
5. Converse Jack Purcell Jack Leather Low Top
For wearers who seek a pair of black leather Converse shoes that are dressy enough for a formal occasion, they may check out the Jack Purcell Jack Leather Low Top. It carries a timeless look that epitomizes not only simplicity but also functionality. Reinvented with premium leather, this iteration provides a modernized look. Durability, functionality, and style are what does this version brings to its avid followers.
- Equipped with the Ortholite sockliner, it offers odor control and better cushioning.
- This pair of black leather converse shoes has a rubber outsole with a herringbone tread for superb traction.
- It is built with a lace-up closure with metal eyelets for a snug fit.
- With an extended sidewall, it protects the sneakers from the mud.
- This iteration has a thicker toe cap as well as a tweaked rear logo.
1. Converse Chuck 70 High Top
Whether you want a pair of black and white or Converse shoes in all black that provides comfort and style, you may want to check the Converse Chuck 70 High Top. With the classic details, it is the improved version that provides more cushioning for increased comfort. It also gives decent arch support. With a versatile silhouette, this sneaker can match not only casual outfits but semi-formal attire as well.
- The Converse Chuck 70 High Top can be bought at a budget-friendly rate.
- It is available in men’s sizing ranging from 3 to 13 US where half sizes are also offered. Many reported that it runs large than usual, so getting a half size down is suggested.
- The relatively thicker outsole offers a sure-footed grip.
- It has a thick canvas upper.
2. Converse Chuck Taylor All Star High Street Mono Canvas Hi
If you need a pair of Converse shoes in all black tone from upper to outsole with a high-top profile, then you may check and try the CT AS High Street Mono Canvas Hi. It provides simplicity as well as the right amount of support from the ankle, instep to the back of the heel.
- It is among the black Converse sneakers that are fused with a stubby tongue and cushioned interior wall.
- The lace-up closure with metal eyelets gives a secure fit. It has double stitching detailing around the grommets for reinforcement.
- The rubber outsole has a diamond tread pattern for optimum traction.
3. Converse Chuck Taylor All Star x Nike Flyknit High Top
The Converse CT AS x Nike Flynit High Top is another iteration of black and white Converse shoes that are released with a straightforward design yet oozing with undeniable sophistication that one may ask for. This innovative iteration utilized advanced Flyknit material, making the Chuck as the first Swoosh-less footwear.
- The durable Flyknit upper provides relatively more ventilation and lightweight experience.
- It has the Nike Lunarlon sockliner with neoprene lining that delivers comfort in every stride.
- It is among black Converse shoes that are built with a modernized toe cap with TPU overlay, boosting protection and durability.
- With a lace-up closure, it has an elastic band installed across the forefoot that keeps the foot secure.
Some of the women’s black Converse sneakers according to their collar height:
1. Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Coral Ox
Looking for Converse black sneakers with a slimmed-down silhouette? The Converse CT AS Coral Ox is among the options you can try. With a slip-on design, this iteration provides both comfort and style that can get you going all day.
- It is also up for grabs in other vibrant colorways such as Cherry Blossom/ Cherry Blossom/ White, Egret/ Egret/ White and Twilight Pulse/ Twilight Pulse/ White.
- The CT AS Coral Ox is available in women’s sizing ranging from 5 to 11 US in medium width.
- The textile upper is lightweight, providing breathability.
- It has the EVA-textured cushioned footbed and textile lining that offer supreme comfort and great next-to-skin feel.
2. Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Lift Canvas Low Top
If you want to elevate your look with a pair of black Converse sneakers, you can go and try the CT AS Lift Canvas Low Top. With the toe guard and toe bumper, it carries the classic Converse style. Stand tall this shoe as it is equipped with a double stacked rubber sole that gives an added height. With its classic details, this iteration remains stylish and comfortable for any casual occasion.
- The Converse CT AS Lift Canvas Low Top has the Ortholite insole that provides cushioning and odor control.
- Like other black Converse sneakers, it has lace-up closure with metal grommets for a secure fit.
- It is available in women’s sizing ranging from 5 to 11 US, in medium width.
- The extra height on the insole offers durability and support.
- It is retailed at $65.
3. Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Seasonal Colors Low Top
For people who are looking for Converse shoes that are available in festive colors and maintain the classic design, the CT AS Seasonal Colors Low Top is up for grabs at a budget-friendly rate. Among the colors available is the timeless pair of black Converse shoes, providing versatility and style in a variety of casual and semi-casual outfits.
- Among other available colorways are Teak/ Cherry Red/ Chestnut Brown, Sunblush, Pure Teal, Blue Fir/ Blue Hero/ Inked, Icon Violet/ Pink Pop/ White, Punch Coral, Blue Hero, Mouse, Storm Pink, and Washed Denim.
- The colorful upper is made of canvas material which is lightweight and breathable.
- This iteration still features a rubber toe bumper and a toe cap.
- With striping details on the midsole, this shoe has vulcanized rubber outsole for reliable traction.
1. Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Floral Print High Top
For wearers who would like to brighten up their outfits, they can try the Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Floral Print High Top. It has a printed upper that is able to add a burst of fun style to one’s look, may it be matched with the casual or dressy ensemble. Its floral design is inspired by rogue florists who create amazing and beautiful arrangements along city street corners.
- This iteration is among the black Converse sneakers that have a linear and bold floral print on the fabric upper, providing both breathability and a dash of class to its style.
- It is available in women’s sizing ranging from 5 to 11 US. Half sizes are also offered.
- This shoe utilizes the Ortholite insole for moisture-wicking and odor control, as well as cushioning for comfort.
- To give a customized fit, lace-up closure with metal grommets is installed.
- With the classic rubber outsole, it offers reliable traction.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where to buy black Converse shoes?
Buyers and avid followers can purchase Converse sneakers through its official website Converse and Nike sites. They can also acquire a pair of black Converse shoes via third-party retailers such as Zappos, Amazon, Nordstrom, Lyst, and DSW, among others.
What are some of the black leather Converse shoes that utilize a Chuck Taylor silhouette?
- Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Leather High Top
- Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Leather Ox
How to wear black Converse sneakers?
She wore a pair of women’s black Converse sneakers at the MTV awards. She matched it with a gorgeous silver dress which length is cut at least five inches above the knee.
The daughter of supermodel Cindy Crawford rocks her black Converse shoes with black jogger pants and a sleek leather coat.
How can you tell if a pair of black Converse shoes is real?
- Check the packaging.
- Examine the Chuck Taylor patch. Fake one may have a different shade of blue while the real one has a navy blue star. Many fake ones have other design elements and look blurry.
- Look at the trademark. Sneakers manufactured before 2008 will have the ® symbol under the All Star logo, however, be cautious if you see this symbol for shoes made after 2008.
- Take note of the tongue. You should see the All Stars logo printed very clearly on the tongue. Fake has a blurry print or a loose thread around the print. As a rule, if the stitching is uneven or loose, then it is a counterfeit.
- Examine the insole. The real one has the word “Converse” printed plain and sharp on the inner insole.
- Check the pinstripe. Painted and placed on the top edge of the sole, it must be perfect and smooth. It is a red flag if it is uneven, shaky or not crisp-looking.
How do you break in Converse Chucks?
Below are some of the essential steps you can do to break in a pair of black Converse shoes in canvas material:
- Pick up each of the sneakers and gently bend it back and forth, as well as side to side. Just slowly bend them because you may create creases if you do it in a fast manner, helping the material to relax.
- Wear socks and put on the sneaker. Lean forward and backward, bending the soles, loosening the material. Stand on your toes and back onto your heels for several times, breaking in the Converse black sneakers.
- Before wearing the shoes outside, wear them around your house for a few days to help break them in a while still providing you an option to take them off when your feet get hurt.
- If the canvas is still too snug, use jars to stretch the materials and then leave them overnight. It will help to stretch out the shoe’s material.
Where are the Converse black sneakers made?
Since Nike acquired Converse in 2003, the manufacturing operations for Chuck Taylor All Stars, as well as other shoes, were moved to India, China, Indonesia, and Vietnam.
How do you clean black leather Converse shoes?
You can effectively clean them using leather conditioner and leather cleaner.
What are the tricks in removing scuffs and stains from Converse shoes?
- You can use a magic eraser in removing stains. It can remove oil, food, grass and, types of stains. A magic eraser can also remove scuff marks on the shoe’s rubber part.
- Use a mixture of hydrogen peroxide and baking soda. It is particularly effective on white Converse shoes. You can perform the following steps:
- Create a paste mixture using a ½ tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide, 1 tablespoon baking soda and ½ tablespoon warm water.
- Use an old toothbrush to dip into the paste, then scrub it onto the shoe’s problem spot.
- Let the paste stay and dry for 20 minutes.
- Use clean water to rinse. Repeat when necessary.
- Using rubbing alcohol is also effective in removing small scuff marks and ink stains. You can use toothpaste as well.
Why is the Converse logo on the inside?
The reason why the logo is placed on the inside is that Converse means the opposite. Therefore, putting it inside as it is the opposite side of the shoe. Original Converse shoes always have the logo patch placed on the inside.
How do Converse sizes run?
Based on Converse’s official site, it states that the shoes run a half-size larger than the usual sizing.
How to maintain the color of black Converse sneakers?
The canvas material utilized in black Converse shoes is prone to fading. Therefore, proper washing techniques are a must to keep the sneakers in a vibrant hue. Some of the pointers you need to take note are:
- Never machine-wash your black Converse shoes.
- Limit the exposure of your shoes to the sun as it is crucial to prevent fading.
- Hand-wash your black Converse sneakers using cold water, soap, and toothbrush.
- Lightly scrub the shoe with the toothbrush to remove sweat stains and dirt.
- Rinse the soap with cold water.
- Use a towel to leave your shoe and air dry at room temperature.
14 best black Converse sneakers
- Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Leather High Top
- Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Leather Low Top
- Converse Chuck Taylor All Star High Street High Top
- Converse Chuck Taylor All Star High Top
- Converse El Distrito
- Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Leather Ox
- Converse Chuck 70 Low Top
- Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Core Leather Hi
- Converse Chuck II High Top
- Converse Chuck 70 High Top
- Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Core Ox
- Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Low Top
- Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Slip
- Converse Chuck Taylor All Star High Street Mono Canvas Hi
A score from 1 to 100 that summarizes opinions from users and experts. The average CoreScore is 78. More...