There’s always an adventure waiting if you step out of your comfort zone. One such activity you might want to consider is hiking. It’s a great way to experience the very best of Mother Nature while getting a different kind of adrenaline rush at the same time. Of course, you won’t be able to wake up one morning and hike right away. You need the proper equipment to help you move faster and safer. One particular piece of equipment that you should consider is a pair of Berghaus hiking boots.
Reasons why the best Berghaus hiking boots come out on top
Best Berghaus hiking boots - January 2019
Fit and comfort
The footgear you’re wearing during a hike shouldn’t hold you back. Berghaus hiking boots are designed to fit your feet without causing any discomfort. The hiker’s cuff and tongue are padded with memory foam to reduce pressure on your foot. The brand’s best hiking boot models come with a lacing system that locks your foot securely in place. Plus, select boots come with an Ortholite footbed to render underfoot cushioning.
What should I remember when getting new Berghaus hiking boots?
How a footgear fits is the key to how well it will perform for you. That’s why it’s crucial to get the right fit from your Berghaus hikers before embarking on a trip. Here are some handy tips to keep in mind.
- Berghaus hiking boots are available for men and women.
- Men’s sizes are around 7 to 15 while women’s hikers are around 5 to 11.
- You need to consider the extra girth a hiking sock contributes to your foot. At the same time, a person’s foot swells a little bit during the afternoon. Keep these details in your mind when you’re going to order a new pair of Berghaus hiking boots online or try one in your nearest outdoor gear store.
- In some cases, you will need to break in your new footwear. This is a must so your feet can adapt to the footgear and soften its materials. Wear your new Berghaus hiking boots and walk around in them for a small amount of time every day. This should be done until you feel comfortable using your new hikers.
A typical trail contains varied surfaces. These ground conditions can challenge your footing if you’re not equipped with competent hikers. A pair of Berghaus hiking boots comes with high-performance outsoles to render the traction you need. These outsoles have aggressive lug patterns that digs into different ground surfaces well. The lugs come in different shapes and angles to keep you nice and steady on your hike. The finest Berghaus hikers use an outsole with ridges on both ends to secure your footing on slopes and inclines. All of these features come together so you can enjoy hiking without the worry of slipping.
Your performance on the trail is just as good as the gear you’re using. Berghaus produces hiking boots built to withstand the harsh conditions which you might encounter while you’re out and about. The brand’s best hikers use sturdy upper materials, such as suede and nubuck leather. Some of the company’s footwear models are fitted with scuff-resistant mesh fabrics to make them tougher. Berghaus hiking boots are also tested extensively on British landscapes for over 2,000 hours to determine the footgear’s robustness. All in all, these hikers are worth the investment
Carrying a backpack during a hike places more stress on your feet. The additional weight can cause you to lose balance and stumble if you’re not careful. Berghaus hiking boots provide sufficient support to your feet and ankles. The footwear’s cuff wraps around your ankles and prevents it from twisting the wrong way. The brand’s best hiking boots feature an ethylene-vinyl acetate midsole and a thermoplastic urethane shank. These two components deliver adequate cushioning, shock absorption, and stability to your movement. Furthermore, premium Berghaus hiking boots contain an Ortholite footbed for additional cushioning. Overall, these hikers grant the support you need to stay balanced at all times.
Wearing the wrong type of footwear during a hike can expose your feet to all sorts of dangers. Berghaus hiking boots come with several features to make sure you are protected. There are select hiking boot models that possess a waterproof liner to keep your feet dry. This same feature also allows sweat to escape, preventing your feet from smelling bad in the process. An Ortholite footbed is also found in the brand’s best boots to manage moisture better.
Advantages of the best Berghaus hiking boots
Berghaus started out in 1966 when Gordon Davison and Peter Lockey decided to address the lack of outdoor gear in Britain by importing these items and selling them. The store began as LD Mountain Centre and gained a following among the British for their quality ski products. The pair would then go on to manufacture their own gear for outdoor enthusiasts, including a clothing line and rucksacks.
The outdoor company decided to enter the footwear industry after years of importing and selling these products. Their initial offering, the Storm, has a reputation of being the benchmark of three-season fabric hiking boot during that time. Since then, Berghaus has opened three flagship stores in the United Kingdom to cement its status as one of the nation’s iconic brands. The company also employed famous athletes, like Leo Holding and Mick Fowler, as its endorsers.
One of Britain’s most prestigious accolades, the Duke of Edinburgh Award, was conferred to the Berghaus Fellmaster GTX for its overall performance. Furthermore, you can easily find this boot and every other model in Berghaus’ hiking footwear line. The company’s online store ships to around 80 countries all over the world. There are distributors that provide these products to outdoor gear stores in Australia, Europe, Asia, and the Americas. Its rich history, worldwide market presence, and acclaimed footwear line all serve as proof of Berghaus’ popularity and commitment to excellence.
Berghaus hiking boots are priced according to the technologies they feature. Entry-level footwear models start at $130 while the brand’s finest hiking boots range from $170 to $210. All of these hikers feature the Berghaus’ commitment to producing quality footgear for outdoor enthusiasts all over the world.
- Gore-Tex. The best Berghaus hiking boots are lined with a Gore-Tex membrane to keep your feet dry. This specialized fabric has a surface filled with around nine billion pores per square inch. The fabric’s microporous design blocks water while allowing moisture vapor to pass through. As a result, the brand’s hikers become both waterproof and breathable at the same time.
- Ortholite. Select Berghaus hiking boots use Ortholite technology. These foam-based footbeds offer underfoot support and cushioning while minimizing microbes that produce an unpleasant odor.
- Opti-Stud. This is Berghaus’ patented outsole technology. Boots equipped with this feature are designed to grip on various surfaces well. The outsole contains high-surface contact areas to give you more traction on uneven terrain.
- Enhanced Holding System. Berghaus’s proprietary technology allows you to lace your foot faster and more securely. This system is also linked to the boot’s collar to hold your foot in place better.
- Vibram. Vibram outsoles contain a set of multi-directional lugs on its surface to improve your grip on wet and dry grounds. This outsole brand is also durable and reduces the amount of shock on every stride.
- AQ. Certain Berghaus hiking boots use the brand’s AQ technology to keep water out. This waterproof liner boasts a lightweight and breathable design.
- Pittards. The finest Berghaus hiking boots use Pittards leather as part of the upper. This British-made material is sturdy and breathable at the same time. It’s also resistant to abrasions and water. Adventurers who prefer leather hikers and turn to this brand.
Frequently asked questions about the best Berghaus hiking boots
How can I preserve the quality of Berghaus hiking boots?
The brand’s hikers will last for a long time if you maintain them properly. Here are some simple tips on how to clean and store your boots.
- You must clean your Berghaus hiking boots thoroughly after each trip. You need to get rid of all traces of dirt and debris stuck on these hikers. This feat can be done by running your boots under lukewarm water and scrubbing it with a soft-bristled brush.
- The brand recommends the use of a cleaning spray for your boots. This product is engineered to remove stubborn dirt on your footwear. Check out their footwear care page for further info.
- After cleaning your boots, you should apply a dose of a protector spray while they are still damp. This product will keep your footgear water-resistant without compromising its breathability. Further info on the spray can be found in their page.
- Don’t leave your Berghaus hiking boots near any direct source of heat to dry. This practice will affect the quality of your hikers. You should leave your footgear to dry in places with moderate temperature. You can also stuff these boots with newspaper to speed up the drying process.
- Once you’re done cleaning and drying your Berghaus hiking boots, you should store them in a dry and well-ventilated spot. Don’t leave your hikers in a damp room because mold will grow on them.
7 best Berghaus hiking boots
- Berghaus Hillmaster II GTX
- Berghaus Expeditor Trek 2.0
- Berghaus Fellmaster GTX
- Berghaus Supalite II GTX
- Berghaus Expeditor Ridge 2.0
- Berghaus Explorer Trek Plus GTX
- Berghaus Explorer Ridge Plus GTX
A score from 1 to 100 that summarizes opinions from users and experts. The average CoreScore is 78. More...