Design and innovation are two strengths of the Japanese shoe manufacturer, Asics, so it is never surprising for professional and casual runners that their shoes have been highlighted in more or less 100, 000 shoe reviews. They feature a wide range of top-of-the-line performance running shoes that cater to every runner. If racing is your game, pick the best Asics competition shoes for your collection.
How can you improve speed on the track and trail with the best Asics competition shoes?
- Whether you want to run on the track or trail, you can find something from the best Asics competition shoes. The brand provides top-notch racing models under two categories with a combination of traction, flexibility and fit in every pair.
- The best Asics race shoes are not just lightweight and minimal. It features a stylish flair to complete the athletic look of runners. Some race shoes feature bold colors that pop out and catch attention, while others are available in muted colors to easily complement colorful athletic wear.
- The best Asics competition shoes commonly feature spike configurations which are customizable to improve the runner’s performance on the track. By removing all spikes at once, the race shoes can be converted into regular road shoes. Race shoes for the trail often have more aggressive treading patterns that will allow runners to have a balanced footing on rugged terrain.
- You can expect versatility in the best Asics race shoes. Aside from the customizable spike configurations on the undersurface, you can also use a pair of race shoes for speed workouts, regular running, cross training, performance training and even casual wear.
- The minimal profile of race shoes allows runners to enjoy better ground contact. Furthermore, it leads to a lightweight platform that will improve the runner’s speed on the track or trail. The technologies in race shoes are limited to ensure better flexibility, breathability and traction.
How to determine the best Asics competition shoes from the rest?
- Responsiveness. In order to run for a long distance, you need a pair of racing shoes with great responsiveness. This aspect can be influenced by the midsole technologies that facilitate smoother heel to toe transitions and energy-return properties. By improving the propulsion during the toe-off phases, the shoes can decrease foot fatigue and enhance the runner’s movement to move forward fast. Midsole technologies from Asics include the SpEVA midsole, Solyte midsole and GEL cushioning system.
- Weight. The weight can affect the runner’s speed. You need a light platform to improve your track speed and performance, so make sure that you pay attention to the weight measurement of the pair. The best Asics competition shoes can weight lesser than 200 grams, making them great choices on the track or trail.
- Fit. Pick a pair of race shoes with great fit and flexibility. Natural splaying is expected, so the interior should not be limited in any area to keep the runner comfortable. The shoe should also mimic the natural movement of the foot; thus, an adaptive fit is necessary. Fit technologies like the Biomorphic Fit technology should do the trick.