Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
- Following the aesthetic features of the original Puma One, this football boot is released as part of the German brand’s entry to the 2018 World Cup. Its color-shifting design highlights the Biscay green and chrome palette of the Illuminate color pack.
- The upper is fitted with a synthetic material that is guaranteed by the brand to be durable yet supple. 3D-texture is apparent from the forefoot all the way to the heel area to regulate friction for enhanced ball touch. Aesthetically, the circular knobs add more visual appeal to the chrome finish.
- Similar to most of the boots within the FIFA colorway, the One 4 Illuminate Syn FG is designed with a teal sock extension that makes for its mid-top style. The mid-cut collar provides protection and breathability to the ankles and lower foot through its padded and mesh sensation.
- A lace-up enclosure offers players a more customized fit that is centered on the midfoot. With the sock extension below it, a more snug and form-fitting wrap is delivered to the wearer.
- Created for the natural, dry surface, the outsole of this football boot is made from TPU (Thermoplastic Polyurethane). The material is known for its lightweight quality. For optimum firm ground grip, the soleplate consists of twelve conical studs that greatly helps in rotational traction.
The Puma One 4 Illuminate Synthetic Firm Ground is offered in standard sizes for men with a medium width. The synthetic upper exudes a form-fitting wrap with a soft, next-to-skin feel. Through the central lacing system, players can adjust the fit to their preferred tightness.
Engineered with a TPU material, the outsole of the Puma One 4 illuminate FG brings more freedom of movement to the players through its lightweight quality. Additionally, the material is easy to maintain and is more durable when used on firm ground.
Rotational maneuverability is covered by the strategically arranged conical studs. Eight studs are positioned in the forefoot for extra stability on push-off motions while four studs are installed in the heel area for better brakes on dry, natural surfaces.
The firm ground variation of the Puma One 4 Illuminate has a synthetic upper. It is engineered to deliver soft and barefoot sensation. Textured knobs are seen throughout the upper and are meant to aid in ball control and accuracy.
This football boot is styled with a mid-top collar that protects the lower leg. The collar has a padded and perforated design to enhance comfort and breathability. It extends to the midfoot with a sock-like cut.
The central lacing system, together with the sock extension aids in creating a more tailored fit sensation for the wearer.