Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Review coming soon
Puma One 3 Illuminate Leather Firm Ground has just been released by Puma. Our experts are working on a detailed review. Please, come back later.
Get an email when final verdict is ready:
Features of the Puma One 3 Illuminate Leather Firm Ground
- As part of the Illuminate pack released for the 2018 World Cup, the Puma One 3 Illuminate Leather Firm Ground features the color-shift finish on the upper. Looks-wise, it is very similar to the high-end Puma One 1 Illuminate Leather FG. When it comes to technical specifications, apparently, the Puma One 3 Illuminate Leather FG is not as packed as its top-tier counterpart. But overall, this football boot can still deliver a competition-level performance on the pitch.
- It features a full-grain leather upper with the signature color-shift finish. The leather material is so soft that it is able to provide a fantastic touch on the ball.
- This football boot features an elastane sock collar as a replacement for the evoKnit sock of the higher end models. It provides a snug and supportive fit around the ankle.
Fit and sizing
The Puma One 3 Illuminate Leather Firm Ground is available in men’s version only. It comes in sizes 7 to 13. It has a relatively tight fit, but since the upper is made of soft leather, it can stretch over time. Therefore, it can fit players who have narrow to slightly wide feet.
The Puma One 3 Illuminate Leather Firm Ground uses a reactive outsole made of TPU (Thermoplastic Urethane) material. It comes with a mix of bladed and conical studs that can provide superb traction on firm ground (FG).
Because it is a takedown model, the Puma One 3 Illuminate Leather FG uses full-grain leather on the forefoot of the upper. It is rather soft and offers a natural touch and control on the ball. Its color-shift finish provides a great aesthetic effect on spectators.
Unlike the evoKnit sock found on the Puma One 1 Illuminate Leather FG, this football boot uses an elastane sock instead. It provides a supportive fit around the ankle thereby allowing excellent lockdown in the area during the fast-paced game.
It comes with a traditional lacing system at the center. This allows the user to adjust the fit according to his foot width and preference.
- The Puma One 3 Illuminate Leather FG weighs 8 ounces.
- It is available in kids version in sizes 1 to 5.5.
- The Puma One Illuminate Pack was launched in May 2018.
- This football boot is referred to as Puma One 3 WC Leather FG by some retailers.