- A color pack created for the 2018 World Cup in Russia, the Illuminate colorway brings a distinct look to the Puma One series which includes the One 3 Artificial Grass soccer cleat. As the collection is known to cater to fit, fast and feel, the brand has made sure that the materials used aligns with the expected standard of the silo.
- Starting with the fit, a full grain leather is used in the upper. This type of upper material is known for bringing an excellent ball touch. Shoes with this natural leather upper are highly regarded as they allow for greater moldability as well as durability. The material is also known for its water-resistant quality.
- A sock-like extension which wraps around the player’s foot is integrated into the leather upper. The mixture of both creates a more locked-in security while providing support. Adding up to the lockdown is the central lacing system that allows for a more personalized fit.
- To enhance touch, its upper is designed with a unique texture which is achieved by integrating knobs on the material. This feature is mostly found on the sides of the shoe as well as the top part of the upper.
- The soleplate for this artificial grass cleat allows for a speedy transition on the pitch through a highly responsive TPU (Thermoplastic Polyurethane) material. This lightweight element allows for a rapid play while being reinforced by a stud configuration ideal for artificial grass courts.
The Puma One 3 Illuminate Artificial AG soccer cleat creates a close fit through an elastane sock incorporated into the soccer cleat’s upper. This sock material extends to the ankle area which adds to the lockdown of the shoe. The pair is available in men’s standard sizes ranging from sizes 8 to 12. A central lacing system is incorporated into the shoe’s construction to aid in fit personalization. The lacing system can also be found in the Puma One 18.1 K-leather FG and Puma Future 18.1 Netfit FG/ AG models.
The upper of the Puma One 3 Artificial Grass consists of a full-grain leather upper with an Elastane sock-like material. The leather upper provides an excellent touch on the ball. The spandex material, on the other hand, allows for a snug fit while creating support and a secure lock-down for the player’s foot.
A central lacing system incorporated into a tongueless design gives players some fit customizability. To provide easier access to the shoe while slipping it on, a pull tab has been incorporated into the forefoot and the heel area. This pull tab feature can also be found in the Puma One 1 Illuminate FG/AG soccer cleat model.
The ‘ONE’ callout is placed on the lateral side of the shoe, indicating what model the shoe belongs to. The silo’s logo is also printed on the pull tab found in the front part of the shoe while the Puma logo is found on the pull tab at the back. Additionally, texture comes in the form of blobs at the side of the shoe.
The outsole of the Puma One 3 Illuminate Artificial Grass soccer cleat is meant to usher in speedy and instinctive movements on artificial grass courts. The brand achieves this through the lightweight TPU based construction for the soleplate and using a mix of bladed and conical studs.
Designed for maximum responsiveness, the stud pattern is similar to its firm ground variation but with some additional shorter studs for better grip on artificial grass. The forefoot utilizes a blend of conical studs and bladed studs, with the conical studs mostly placed in the middle part of the shoe. The bladed studs, on the other hand, are placed in the outer part of the shoe. In addition to this, the heel area still uses a similar stud-type, using a total of eight studs.
- The Puma One 3 Illuminate Artificial Grass is available in the Biscay Green, White, and Black.
- This model also has an FG/AG variant.