Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Features of the Puma One 2 Illuminate Firm Ground
- Looking at this Puma World Cup release, the word ‘Illuminate’ is aptly associated with this color pack. Featuring a color-shifting element in the upper, the scheme includes the shift green, white, and black hues. As part of the Puma One series, the Puma One Illuminate 2 FG is designed to cater to the three Fs of football which is fit, fast, and feel.
- Holding up to the feel portion of the shoe, the upper is created with a calf-skin leather upper which is known for its softness and durability. While not as light as kangaroo leather, this characteristic is offset by the material’s level of comfort.
- Catering to fit, a knitted sock material is included in the shoe’s construction. This feature brings a snug fit to the shoe, allowing for a supportive feel for the player.
- A traditional lacing system comes into play for the shoe’s overall fit personalization. To make slipping into the shoe easier, pull tabs in the front and top heel area are also placed.
- In terms of speed, a Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU) is used for this football boot’s base. This lightweight material is a common feature among speed boots as it allows for agile play. The stud configuration includes a total of twelve bladed and conical studs suited for firm natural grass surface.
Fit and Sizing
The Puma One 2 Illuminate Firm Ground football boot has foot-hugging fit as it makes use of a knitted sock element in its construction. It is designed up to the ankle area but is aimed to feel like an extension of the foot. It is available in men’s standard sizes ranging from size 6.5 to 12.5. A central lacing system is incorporated into the football boot’s construction to further the customizability of its fit.
The upper of the Puma One Illuminate Firm Ground football boot is created out of a calf-skin leather upper known for softness and durability. A good touch and control of the ball is also ensured as texturing on the leather is incorporated. Creating a snug fit through a sock-like, a knit-based material is also included in this Puma shoe’s construction. Extending up to the ankle area, this element serves as a support for the wearer’s foot during play. The silhouette of the pair is also reminiscent of the Nike Puma One 18.1 K-Leather FG and the Puma Future 18.1 Netfit FG/AG shoe.
The central lacing of this football boot model aids in fit customization. A pull tab found in the front and heel area of the sock-like material permits ease of access. Furthermore, the Puma One logo is printed on the side.
The outsole of the Puma One 2 Illuminate Firm Ground football boot is created with a TPU material which is a well-known feature among football boots as it allows for a lightweight feel during play. The material is also designed to be responsive in each step.
The stud configuration involves a combination of bladed and conical studs. The forefoot area incorporates bladed studs at the front while further at the back, conical studs are placed. There are a total of eight found in the area. The football boot’s heel, on the other hand, makes use of four bladed studs. The stud pattern used is designed to optimize play on firm ground courts while providing rotational and aggressive traction
- The Puma One 2 Illuminate Firm Ground football boot is also available in the purple and turquoise colorway.
- This football boot is also known as Puma One World Cup/WC Leather.