Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Review coming soon
Puma One 18.1 Synthetic Firm Ground has just been released by Puma. Our experts are working on a detailed review. Please, come back later.
Get an email when final verdict is ready:
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
88 / 100 based on 1 expert reviews
With very little wear-in time, it's already very moldable and it offers a great barefoot-like touch on the ball that you kind of want from a controlled style.
Features of the Puma One 18.1 Synthetic Firm Ground
- The Puma One series is a collection of football boots for players who crave for unbeatable speed, comfortable fit, and superior ball touch. The Puma One 18.1 Synthetic Firm Ground is one of the two top-tier models of the second-generation Puma One silo. It comes with several innovations that will make it a truly all-in-one football boot.
- The Puma One 18.1 Syn FG features a premium-quality synthetic upper. This soft and thin material ensures a unique and comfortable fit while providing a close touch on the ball.
- Its evoKNIT sock offers a supportive fit around the ankle and at the same time creates a sensation that you and the boot are one.
- A feature that is exclusive to the top-tier Puma One models is the Rapidagility soleplate. This amazing technology offers impressive flexibility and stability on firm ground(FG) pitches.
Fit and sizing
One good thing about including the evoKNIT and a lacing system on the upper is that they allow the Puma One 18.1 Synthetic Firm Ground to accommodate a wide variety of players, from narrow-footed ones to those who have slightly wider feet. This football boot is available in sizes 7 to 14 for men only.
The innovative Rapidagility soleplate of the Puma One 18.1 Synthetic Firm Ground is made of a lightweight and flexible Pebax material. It is a carryover element from the previous Puma One generation.
A combination of conical and bladed cleats make up the stud configuration of the Puma One 18.1 Synthetic Firm Ground. The conical studs are useful in providing excellent traction and penetration on firm grounds, while the bladed studs aid in accelerating and braking.
The entire upper of the Puma One 18.1 Synthetic Firm Ground is made of a superior-quality synthetic material. It is soft and provides a clean, barefoot feel when controlling the ball. The upper is also engineered to conform to the shape and movements of the foot.
A remarkable feature of this revolutionary football boot is the evoKNIT sock. It runs from the center of the boot to the collar, providing a tight, supportive fit in the midfoot and around the ankle. Thus, the player gets a cushioned feel when striking the ball.
With the central lacing system, the Puma One 18.1 Synthetic Firm Ground gives the user the option to tighten or loosen the fit depending on his preference. The laces are secured by special support straps that enhance the fit and stability in the midfoot area.
- Famous football players who were seen wearing the Puma One 18.1 Synthetic Firm Ground include Sergio Agüero, Héctor Bellerín, and Cesc Fàbregas.
- The second-generation Puma One silo was released in January 2018.
- This football boot has a leather variation.
- It weighs 7.4 ounces.