Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
93 / 100 based on 6 expert reviews
It is a dramatic improvement over the the Puma One 17.1. The kangaroo leather is really thin and offers a good amount of comfort. What they did with the synthetic actually works really nicely. I really like the stud pattern, the layout, and the soleplate as a whole. You get a softness on the toe and a grippy sensation on the midfoot. As a whole, I can very strongly recommend this football boot.
While I might not be 100% blown away, the Puma One 18.1 is a whole lot better than i thought it would be. The silhouette could be better, but I actually like it a lot because of the kangaroo leather toe box.
It gives you amazing leather forefoot, a lovely fitting sock, a very good combination between comfort and light weight, and at 200 Euros, it’s excellent value for money. The shape of the boot is a little bit weird. At times, the soleplate is very stiff. It’s a big improvement over the 17.1 but there’s still a lot of unrealized potential for the One silo. If you like leather and lightweight knit, it’s not half bad. It’s a lot better than I thought it would be.
The PUMA ONE 18.1 performed exactly how I hoped it would. It was comfortable from the start, had a great, controlled touch on the ball, and had a much cleaner strike than I originally anticipated.
- The Puma One 18.1 K-Leather Firm Ground is the top-tier model of the Puma One silo for 2018. True to its name, it is an all-in-one football boot when it comes to fit, comfort, and speed. It has similar features to the Puma One 17.1 model, only that they are now integrated into the football boot. Thus, it creates are a more streamlined silhouette and less chunky feel overall.
- The upper of this football boot is crafted with three separate parts: the leather upper, the synthetic rear, and the revolutionary evoKNIT sock.
- A definite improvement from the first-generation Puma One 17.1 model is the leather material in the upper of this football boot. It uses a premium K-leather vamp instead of the full-grain leather found on the entire upper of the previous model.
- Another remarkable feature for the Puma One 18.1 K-Leather Firm Ground is the evoKNIT sock. Unlike the evoKNIT sock of the previous model where it felt like a loose sock inside the boot, the one found on this football boot is built into the upper.
- The outsole of the Puma 18.1 K-Leather Firm Ground remains unchanged. It is the same Pebax soleplate that has a good mix of bladed and conical studs for excellent traction on firm grounds (FG).
The combination of materials in the upper of the Puma One 18.1 K-Leather Firm Ground creates a somewhat unique fit. The leather vamp will stretch as you wear them in while the rest of the boot will remain the same throughout its lifespan. Hence, the football boot provides a narrow midfoot and a slightly wider toe box.
The Puma One 18.1 K-Leather Firm Ground is available in sizes 7 to 14 in men’s version only.
The Puma One 18.1 K-Leather Firm Ground uses the same Pebax outsole found on the previous model. It offers excellent maneuverability, flexibility, and responsiveness on natural grass pitches, perfect for players who live for speed.
The stud configuration of this football boot is made up of a combination of bladed and conical studs. These cleats offer enhanced traction, acceleration, and deceleration.
Puma crafted the upper of this football using three separate components: the leather upper, the synthetic rear, and the revolutionary evoKNIT sock.
The soft and thin kangaroo leather vamp of the Puma One 18.1 K-Leather Firm Ground offers a precise touch on the ball. It continues to soften and mold to the shape of the foot with continued use. 3D striking curves are found on the surface of the forefoot. They provide a better striking surface and enhances the grip on the ball.
For the midfoot and rear portion of the Puma One 18.1 K-Leather Firm Ground, this football boot utilizes a combination of lightweight synthetic microfibers. It offers plenty of stability and lockdown preventing foot slippage when making cuts and changes of direction.
An improved evoKNIT sock is another remarkable feature of the Puma One 18.1 K-Leather Firm Ground. It is made of an elastic material that is integrated into the boot itself. This technology wraps around the ankle snugly providing a seamless and supportive fit.
The Puma One 18.1 K-Leather FG has a central lace-up closure. It utilizes a dual lace hole system and integrated support straps. Working together with the evoKNIT extension in the middle of the shoe, they offer excellent lockdown in the midfoot area.
The internal heel counter and the synthetic lining add to the overall comfort and lockdown in of this football boot.
- The Puma One 18.1 K-Leather Firm Ground was released in January 2018, barely six months after the release of the first generation Puma One silo.
- It weighs 7.2 ounces.
- Renowned football players who headline this football boot series include Sergio Agüero, Cesc Fàbregas, Mario Balotelli, Olivier Giroud, Gianluigi Buffon, Héctor Béllerin, and Giorgio Chiellini.
- A synthetic version of this football boot is available for players who are not fond of leather shoes.
- Both the Puma One 18.1 K-Leather FG and Puma Future 18.1 Netfit FG/AG were released in the blackout versions.