Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
91 / 100 based on 2 expert reviews
As the boot just weighs 233 grams, It feels as if you are playing barefoot so skills and tricks are gonna be easy with this boot.
The studs I'm no too keen on, I actually do not like the patterning, the way they laid it out. I played these in a couple of matches and I tend to trip.
- The main distinction between the One 17.4 FG and the 17.3 FG is their upper material. The latter is made from leather while One 17.4 FG is covered with synthetic. Although different components are used, the overall look is similar. The said material used in this firm ground boot is made to look like leather.
- Additionally, the same forefoot stitched pattern is seen in this updated version, giving it an overall heritage look in modern colors.
- Another similarity seen with the previous versions is the sock extension. Another similarity seen with the previous versions is the sock extension. which is also commonly seen in other One football boots such as the Puma One 18.1 K-Leather Firm Ground and Puma Future 18.1 Netfit FG/AG. Puma has developed this boot feature to wrap the foot from the ankles. It does serve as a real sock but with a more stretchable material to allow more room for movement. Its secondary function is to protect the boot from any firm ground debris.
- The TPU (Thermoplastic Urethane) soleplate is patterned with conical studs that are intended for speed. TPU is a solid material known for its abrasion resistance quality. With this type of outsole, firm ground traction is attested.
The Puma One 17.4 Firm Ground is available in men’s sizing, from 7 to 13. The upper made of synthetic material mimics a leathery look and fit. The sock extension is enclosed in the opening to provide snug fit from the ankles to the inside. Laces are in the midfoot to make room for adjustability.
The stud configuration for One 17.4 FG is termed as “speed-focused”. It is primarily due to its conical stud arrangement that aims to improve agility. Four conical studs are arranged in the heel area while eight studs are placed in the forefoot area. This overall arrangement, coupled with the lightweight TPU soleplate is intended for quick attacking runs.
This firm ground boot’s upper is entirely synthetic which makes it a lightweight boot. Its texture imitates the leather sensation found in its predecessor. Stitch details are patterned in the forefoot area similar to that of Puma King cleats. In totality, it imbibes a classic firm ground boot style.
A sock extension is apparent in the shoe opening which doubles as a mid-cut collar. It is the cleat’s comfort and fit element due to its stretchable nature. Added to that is a pull tab attached to the internal heel counter to allow more space when putting on the close-fitting sock extension.
Laces are positioned in the center of the cleats, above an enclosed synthetic tongue for a solid lockdown.
- The following color options are available for One 17.4 FG: Puma White-Puma Black-Fiery Coral, Puma Black-Puma Black-Shocking Orange and Silver-Blue Depths