Good to know
- The main distinction between the One 17.4 FG and the 17.3 FG is their upper material. The latter is made from leather while One 17.4 FG is covered with synthetic. Although different components are used, the overall look is similar. The said material used in this firm ground cleat is made to look like leather.
- Additionally, the same forefoot stitched pattern is seen in this updated version, giving it an overall heritage look in modern colors.
- Another similarity seen with the previous versions is the sock extension. Another similarity seen with the previous versions is the sock extension. which is also commonly seen in other One soccer cleats such as the Puma One 18.1 K-Leather Firm Ground and Puma Future 18.1 Netfit FG/AG. Puma has developed this cleat feature to wrap the foot from the ankles. It does serve as a real sock but with a more stretchable material to allow more room for movement. Its secondary function is to protect the cleat from any firm ground debris.
- The TPU (Thermoplastic Urethane) soleplate is patterned with conical studs that are intended for speed. TPU is a solid material known for its abrasion resistance quality. With this type of outsole, firm ground traction is attested.
The Puma One 17.4 Firm Ground is available in men’s sizing, from 7 to 13. The upper made of synthetic material mimics a leathery look and fit. The sock extension is enclosed in the opening to provide snug fit from the ankles to the inside. Laces are in the midfoot to make room for adjustability.
The stud configuration for One 17.4 FG is termed as “speed-focused”. It is primarily due to its conical stud arrangement that aims to improve agility. Four conical studs are arranged in the heel area while eight studs are placed in the forefoot area. This overall arrangement, coupled with the lightweight TPU soleplate is intended for quick attacking runs.
This firm ground cleat’s upper is entirely synthetic which makes it a lightweight cleat. Its texture imitates the leather sensation found in its predecessor. Stitch details are patterned in the forefoot area similar to that of Puma King cleats. In totality, it imbibes a classic firm ground cleat style.
A sock extension is apparent in the shoe opening which doubles as a mid-cut collar. It is the cleat’s comfort and fit element due to its stretchable nature. Added to that is a pull tab attached to the internal heel counter to allow more space when putting on the close-fitting sock extension.
Laces are positioned in the center of the cleats, above an enclosed synthetic tongue for a solid lockdown.
- The following color options are available for One 17.4 FG: Puma White-Puma Black-Fiery Coral, Puma Black-Puma Black-Shocking Orange and Silver-Blue Depths