Experts are soccer players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
89 / 100 based on 4 expert reviews
It's been a while since I wore a boot with such a soft and elegant touch on the ball.
Now that I have them in my hands, I can say that I am not overly impressed with the shoe.
While there may not be much Evospeed in it, the One is a perfect upgrade to the Evotouch. When you look at it that way, it's pretty good.
PUMA have ensured that it reacts likes one with bladed studs at the front and rear of the soleplate for added acceleration
- Considered as the love child of the Puma EvoSPEED and EvoTOUCH, the Puma One 17.1 combined the best attributes of both models to form into an all-around performance soccer cleat.
- The Puma One 17.1 features a high-quality calfskin leather upper that offers an excellent touch and feel on the ball.
- This soccer cleat also has the EvoKnit collar, an elasticated and perforated material that provides a sock-like fit around the ankle. This mid top sock is also seen in other Puma cleats such as the Puma Future 18.1 Netfit FG/AG.
- The lightweight Pebax sole plate on the bottom of the Puma One 17.1 is flexible and responsive. It is designed to reduce drag on firm, natural grass.
- The stud configuration with its mix of bladed and conical studs is built for quick turns and acceleration.
The Puma One 17.1 is available in sizes 7 to 14 in men’s version only. This soccer cleat fits true to size. Straight out of the box comfort is offered by the premium leather upper. The fit can be customized through a lacing system positioned in the middle.
The lightweight Pebax outsole of the Puma One 17.1 offers enhanced traction on natural grass making it suitable for agile players. The reinforcement in the midfoot also provides increased responsiveness resulting in faster take-off times.
The stud configuration is a mix of conical and bladed studs. The conical studs provide increased traction and maneuverability, while the bladed studs offer support in the toe and heel areas. The reversed “V” stud pattern in the center forefoot provides more control and braking ability.
The upper of the Puma One 17.1 uses a high-quality calfskin leather that provides a comfortable fit and feel straight out of the box. It sits skin-tight around the foot and gives the optimum control on the ball.
This soccer shoe also features the GripTex technology that provides an additional grip on the ball, especially in wet conditions.
The elasticated EvoKnit material runs through the middle of the soccer cleat where the tongue should be and also makes up the mid-cut collar. It offers a snug fit around the ankle to keep it locked in all throughout the game.
The central lacing system is pretty straightforward. However, there are three nylon lace loops, two on the lateral side and one on the medial side, which act as reinforcement elements. These straps are attached to the base of the sole plate to keep the foot locked in when you pull the laces tight.
The EvoKnit material also acts as the soccer cleat’s internal lining. Aside from creating a comfortable environment for the shoe, it also decreased the shoe’s overall weight.
The heel area of the Puma One 17.1 is made of a textured, synthetic material. The plastic heel counter is fully internal. The heel liner grips the sock nicely to prevent heel slippage.
- Famous soccer players who wore the Puma One 17.1 include Antoine Griezmann, Sergio Aguero, and Hector Bellerin.
- This soccer cleat weighs 7.8 ounces.
- Football aficionados who want to have their names and flags on their shoe can do so for a minimal fee.
- The Puma One 17.1 is also available in junior version in sizes 2 to 6.5.
- This soccer shoe was officially released for retail last June 23, 2017.
- It comes with an extra pair of lightweight insoles.
- The 2018 version of this model is the Puma One 18.1 K-Leather Firm Ground.