Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
93 / 100 based on 1 expert reviews
I am shocked at how well the synthetic Puma One 1 fits. It kind of looks like it has an unusual shape but when you put them on your feet and tie the laces tight, it wraps your foot so closely it's one of the best-fitting synthetic shoes on the market right now from any brand at all.
Features of the Puma One 1 Illuminate Synthetic FG/AG
- Part of the Illuminate pack, the Puma One 1 Illuminate Synthetic FG/AG was launched just in time for the 2018 FIFA World Cup. This state-of-the-art football boot has an iridescent teal and grey color combination that will inevitably turn heads on the pitch. Its features offer the right mix of speed, fit, and feel.
- The Puma One 1 Illuminate Synthetic FG/AG uses an ultra-soft synthetic material all over the upper. It provides a soft touch and control of the ball.
- An evoKnit sock is present on this innovative football boot. It keeps the foot locked in place while maintaining a snug fit around the ankle.
- Similar to the leather version, the Puma One 1 Illuminate Synthetic FG/Ag comes with the new FuseFit technology. It is effective in providing a customizable fit for a more personalized ball touch.
Fit and sizing
The Puma One 1 Illuminate Synthetic FG/AG is available in men’s sizes ranging from 7 to 14. It has a relatively tight fit because of the synthetic upper. Therefore, this football boot is recommended for players who have narrow feet.
Considered a speed boot, the Puma One 1 Illuminate Synthetic FG/AG is not without a lightweight and reactive soleplate. It features a Pebax outsole called the Reactivesprint. This football boot also comes with an external heel counter to provide more stability in the heel.
The stud configuration of this football boot is a combination of conical and bladed studs. They are effective in providing rotational maneuverability and traction on firm grounds (FG) and artificial grass (AG) playing environments.
The Puma One 1 Illuminate Synthetic FG/AG upper has two main parts: the synthetic upper and the evoKnit sock. The soft and thin synthetic material that makes up the upper of this football boot offers a comfortably snug fit right out of the box. On the other hand, the evoKnit sock provides a snug and supportive fit around the ankle.
Like the leather version, this football boot also has the new FuseFit technology. It is made up of lace loops that are integrated into the knitted collar. They allow additional lacing options for more lockdown when making quick directional changes, especially since the Puma One 1 Illuminate Synthetic FG/AG is considered a speed boot.
The overall design of the Puma One 1 Illuminate Synthetic FG/AG took inspiration from energy surges inside the players’ brains when they get the ball. The color-shift finish on the synthetic upper gives this football boot a sleek, futuristic look. It also has a more prominent and stiffer Formstripe logo on the sides for more stability in the area.
- The Puma One 1 Illuminate Synthetic FG/AG weighs 7.4 ounces.
- Well-known football athletes who headline the Puma One silo are Sergio Agüero, Cesc Fàbregas, and Héctor Bellerín.
- A leather version of this football boot is also available. It is called the Puma One 1 Illuminate Leather FG/AG.
- Both the Puma One and Puma Future cleats were released in World Cup colorways in 2018.