Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
94 / 100 based on 3 expert reviews
Puma used the same way of constructing the boot as they have done with the older Ones. It has a larger and a bit thicker k-leather piece than the previous model, but it remains soft and pliable.
Puma enlarged the kangaroo leather toe box. It has some 3D foam dots for more texture and grip on the ball.
I love the new lacing options and the new color does seem a lot more streamlined for speed and most importantly, the comfort is still there and that to me is what the One is all about.
Features of the Puma One 1 Illuminate Leather FG/AG
- The Puma One 1 Illuminate Leather FG/AG has the perfect mix of comfort and speed. It comes with a variety of upgraded features compared to its predecessor. Puma enlisted the help of Antoine Griezmann, Thierry Henry, and some young athletes during the development of this state-of-the-art football boot.
- The Puma One 1 Illuminate Leather FG/AG is built with three separate elements on its upper: a soft kangaroo leather forefoot, synthetic midfoot, and an improved version of the evoKNIT collar. Together, these components make the One 1 Illuminate Leather FG/AG one of the most comfortable Puma football boots on the market to date.
- A new technology found on the Puma One 1 Illuminate Leather is the FuseFit technology. It offers several customizable lacing options while maintaining a sock-like fit on the ankle area.
- The Ignite technology, Puma’s branded heel cage and foam midsole, is also present on this football boot. It provides excellent stability and support in the heel.
- For excellent traction on firm ground (FG) and artificial grass (AG) pitches, this football boot has the Rapidagility soleplate. It is also lightweight and reactive to help the user speed past the opponents to score a goal.
Fit and sizing
The Puma One 1 Illuminate Leather FG/AG has a relatively narrow fit. Although the forefoot is made of leather which can stretch over time, the majority of the upper is made of synthetic material. Therefore, it is recommended for players who have narrow feet. It is available in sizes 7 to 13 in men’s version only.
The Puma One 1 Illuminate Leather FG/AG uses a lightweight Pebax outsole with an external heel counter. It is lightweight, flexible, and responsive. A perfect combination for players who are built for speed.
Its stud configuration is composed of elongated and conical studs. They offer excellent traction on both natural and artificial grass playing surfaces.
This tech-heavy football boot comes with the famous Ignite midsole. It is an innovative foam technology that provides responsive and allows maximum energy return. With this tech, the player can run faster and longer.
The upper of the Puma One 1 Leather FG/AG is divided into three separate parts. The forefoot is made of very soft and pliable kangaroo leather, the midfoot is made of quality synthetic, and the collar features the evoKnit sock. It provides superior ball touch and control.
EvoKnit is a one-piece sock construction that extends from the center of the shoe to the ankle area. Aside from increased comfort around the ankle, it also offers a supportive fit and a breathable barefoot feel.
The 3D foam dots on the surface on the upper offers enhanced grip of the ball, while the larger Formstripe on the side of the shoe adds more stability in the midfoot.
- The Puma One 1 Illuminate Leather FG/AG weighs 7.2 ounces.
- It is available in synthetic version.
- This football boot comes in kids version as well. Sizes ranges from 4 to 6.5.
- Both the Puma One and Puma Future cleats were released in World Cup colorways in 2018.
- Top footballers who were seen wearing this modern boot include Sergio Agüero, Héctor Béllerin, Julian Weigl, Mario Balotelli, Cesc Fàbregas, Gianluigi Buffon, Olivier Giroud, and Giorgio Chiellini.