Neutral / cushion / high arch
Shoes for runners who do not need any additional arch support (Around 50% of runners). Best for people with normal, high or medium high arches. See the best neutral shoes.
Stability / overpronation / normal arch
Shoes for runners who need mild to moderate arch support (Around 45% of runners). Best for runners with a low arch. See the best stability shoes.
Motion control / severe overpronation / flat feet
Shoes for runners who needs a lot of arch support. Best for runners with flat feet. See the best motion control shoes.
Good to know
Cushioned shoes for your daily easy running. Great comfort. See best shoes for daily running.
Lightweight shoes good for races, interval training, tempo runs and fartlek. Here are the best competition running shoes.
Good to know
If you want just one pair of shoes, buy a shoe for daily running.
WeightMen: 9ozWomen: 7.1oz
Heel to toe dropMen: 0mmWomen: 0mm
The height difference from the heel to the forefoot, also known as heel drop, toe spring, heel to toe spring or simply drop.
There are many opinions about what a good heel drop is. We do not recommend any in particular. Lean more in this video.
Heel heightMen: 27mmWomen: 27mm
Forefoot heightMen: 27mmWomen: 27mm
WidthMen: StandardWomen: Standard
Updates to Puma Mobium Elite Speed v2
- While the 1st version of the Mobium Elite Speed featured a more closed construction and too much reflectivity, the Puma Mobium Elite Speed v2 makes use of a mesh material that encourages air to easily enter and keep the foot cool and dry. The Adaptive Fit 2.0 now offers a more forgiving forefoot to encourage the natural splaying of the toes.
- An overall adaptive design ensures that the entire shoe is able to follow the natural movements of the foot. The upper unit doesn’t use any unnecessary layers or stitching, effectively allowing the material to move along with the foot.
- The overlay system has been fused onto the upper. The Formstrip logo and the Puma cat logo are placed on the lateral and medial sides, respectively. They blend well with the upper and they work with the lacing system in customizing the fit.
- The mid-sole unit makes use of a chassis system that adapts to the length and height of the foot’s arch when stepping on the ground. It essentially assists the foot by giving additional cushioning during landings and propulsion during toe-offs.
- The outsole unit of the Mobium Elite Speed v2 uses different rubber compounds to deliver high quality performance to the wearer. One compound protects the sole unit from wear and tearing, while the other makes sure that the runner gets additional cushioning and responsiveness with each step. As always, the outsole gives reliable cushioning.
Puma Mobium Elite Speed v2 size and fit
The Puma Mobium Elite Speed v2 has a standard running shoe length. It adheres to the regular measurements that many runners are accustomed to. It has a medium width in terms of its heel and mid-foot, though the forefoot is wider to give more space for the toes to spread naturally. The semi-curved shape accommodates the natural shape of the foot.
The high-wear areas of this running shoe features the EverTrack rubber technology. It uses an abrasion resistant compound, which effectively protects the rest of the sole unit from wear and damage. It also gives responsible traction that can hold onto the roads well.
The EverRide+ is a rubber compound that delivers lightweight cushioning with every step. It provides mild shock attenuation with every landing and cushioning during the toe-off phase, making each toe-off much smoother.
The Mobium Band is an elastic band that has a figure-eight shape. It gives extra flexibility, responsiveness and balance whenever the foot needs it. When pressure is applied to it, the band stretches more. When the pressure is released, the material springs back into place. It essentially expands and contracts to mimic the natural movement of the foot.
The Windlass Chassis is a mid-sole design that follows the natural shape of the underfoot. It has a curved shape in the mid-foot section, so it is able to support the arch. As the runner goes through the gait cycle, the foot modifies in height and length. The chassis system adheres to this movement, imitating that motion to keep the platform as one with the foot as possible.
The forefoot section makes use of expansion pods. They deliver cushioning, flexibility and durable protection from impact, so it essentially makes each toe-off more comfortable and natural.
The Supreme Ride EVA is a molded material that rests just above the mid-sole unit. Adding more cushioning, it also delivers mild arch support, flexibility and a responsive ride.
The mesh upper gives the runner a well-ventilated running experience. It allows air to circulate in the shoe to keep the foot warm and dry at all times.
The Adaptive Fit 2.0 gives security to the foot while maintaining natural movement and flexibility. The forefoot area has a wider shape, so it allows the toes to splay naturally. The upper fabrics aren’t restricting, so they make sure that a variety of foot types can acclimate well to it when trying on the shoe.
The traditional lacing system features laces that don’t unravel easily. An extra eyelet allows the runner to secure the heel by pulling on the collar to make the fit snug when needed.