Good to know
The LQDCELL Omega in Manga Cult colorway is exclusively available in both men’s and women’s sizing. A few reviews recommend getting this in half a size up as the forefoot feels a little narrow, particularly to those with wide feet. However, it is still better to patiently go through the site’s size chart to get the most accurate fit possible.
Taking inspiration from the Puma Cell Endura heritage model, are unique cord loops lace closure secured by two M-shaped leather lace guards that ensure a tight fit.
The LQD CELL Omega Manga Cult, similar to most of the running-inspired models of Puma, is designed to fit right into the laid-back casual street style perfectly.
- Ride on the athleisure trend by slipping on black slim jogger pants, a solid color tee, and a pair of LQDCELL Omega in High Risk Red variation to let this classic color pop.
- Match the Bridal Rose/Blue Turquoise in ripped skinny denim jeans, a baseball shirt, and a cap for an outdoor vibe.
Standing out to be different from its base model, the Puma LQDCELL Omega, this trendy trainer features a textile-suede upper with some hits of mesh underlay.
Paying homage to Puma Cell Alien is the heel silhouette where it shows visible hexagonal liquid cells stored in TPU units. These cells provide enhanced cushioning, improved comfort, and stability.
This special edition release is an eye-catcher for the vibrant yet unique color selection that is a nod to the designer’s favorite anime, Akira. The all-red colorway is a take on the character’s motorbike who happens to be the leader of a bike gang.
The half pink-half turquoise combo is consistent with the theme’s lead character, Shōtarō Kaneda, whose red jacket prints a blue-red pill.
Puma’s CELL technology was introduced in the 1990s, which was infused in it’s running shoes. This innovation used blow-molded TPU and forming it in a pattern of interlocked hexagonal cells to create better stability and cushioning.
In 2019, Puma released a more refined version of the CELL in liquid form, making it thinner and lighter. The result is improved shock absorption and increased stability combination.
The first model, LQDCELL Omega, takes inspiration from three archival models that first carried the cell technology in the earlier days -- Cell Endura, Cell Alien, and Cell Venom.
Anime and Liquid Cell in 2019
The LQDC CELL Omega Manga Cult special edition takes on as many cues from its theme.
- Puma designer Raka Gemma Maulid is a fan of the 1998 anime film, Akira, by Katsuhiro Otomo.
- Akira is set in a dystopian 2019.
- The timely release linking to Japan’s anime culture is a good segue for the company to the 2020 Summer Olympics to be held in Japan.
Puma has already released other color variations. Among them are Omega Density, Omega Lab, Omega Iridescent, and Omega Striped.
- Heel pull tabs feature reflective details.
- “Omega,” according to the designer, means that this shoe is the latest iteration of the cell technology and newest member of the cell family.