Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Features of the Puma Liga Classico Firm Ground
- As what its name suggests, the Liga Classico FG is a football boot that is created to deliver classic performance on natural grass surfaces. Fitted with a lightweight full-grain leather on its upper, break-in time may be achieved longer than usual as it stretches over time. However, it is capable of an anatomical wrap that adapts to the foot’s instinctive movements. Additionally, it promotes ball touch through its thin and plush quality.
- To complete the traditional vibes, this football boot is constructed with a traditional lace-up closure and a fold-over tongue. The same design concept is also seen in classic football boots such as the Nike Premier II Firm Ground and Adidas Samba Classic. Both features aid in bringing more customization when it comes to fit.
- This football boot offers a great deal of protection for the foot through its soft padded areas in the upper. The quilted patterns also serve as an anti-stretch element to the cleat for added durability.
- The outsole of the Liga Classico Firm Ground is made of TPU (Thermoplastic Urethane) material. It is a standard compound on soleplates that is proven and tested to withstand pressure and damage.
- Signature to the German brand, the outsole configuration is composed of strategically arranged conical studs. The studs are patterned to provide equal distribution of pressure while aiding in rotational maneuverability.
Fit and sizing
The Puma Liga Classico Firm Ground is available in men’s sizes ranging from 6 to 12. The full-grain leather upper conforms to the contours of the foot after the break-in period. The central lace-up enclosure allows players to choose their desired fit for a more customized lock-in sensation. It is important to note that several players find the fit to be a bit narrow. Thus, getting a half size larger is recommended.
The outsole of this football boot is engineered with a TPU material which has become a standard element on firm ground pitches. It is constructed through injection molding which guarantees a long-lasting built.
The soleplate carries a full-conical configuration which allows players to perform rotational movements with ease. The stud pattern also lessens foot strain with a strategic distribution of pressure on the sole. The combination of the plastic soleplate and conical studs makes this boot suited for professional matches.
The Puma Liga Classico Firm Ground is fitted with a soft and thin full-grain leather upper. This heritage upper style also carries moisture- and stress-resistant properties, making this football boot a potentially durable one.
The central lace-up closure allows players to customize the fit. Meanwhile, the padded fold-over tongue adds up to the overall comfort of this classic-looking football boot.
- The Puma Liga Classico FG is also offered in a soft ground variation.