Shoes with optimum cushioning, lateral support, and flexibility for daily workouts and studio sessions. See workout shoes
Versatile, low-profile shoes for constantly varied exercises including plyometrics, sprinting, weightlifting, and rope climbing. See CrossFit shoes
Shoes for daily wear that ensure a smooth walking gait cycle. Check out walking shoes
For people with normal pronation. Also provide support for high-arched feet with underpronation (excessive outward rolling of the foot). See neutral training shoes
For people with low-arched or flat feet and moderate overpronation (excessive inward rolling of the foot). See stability training shoes
Shoes feature stabilizing technologies for people with severe overpronation. See motion control training shoes
Good to know
Stability and motion control add-ons are uncommon for workout shoes and are never present in CrossFit or weightlifting footwear. They are mostly found in walking shoes where the gait is easier to correct.
Training footwear typically weighs between 200g and 300g per shoe to accommodate agile workouts. Minimalist trainers go as low as 150g, while weightlifting shoes can go as high as 500g.
Heel to toe dropMen: 6mm
WidthMen: NormalWomen: Normal
Experts are training geeks, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
- The Puma IGNITE Limitless Knit gives new life to the original with its new sock-like knit mesh upper. This fabric gives a sock-like feel to the foot while also being stretchy enough to allow toe-splaying. The TPU Kurim midfoot wrap and heel clip, as well as the gore forefoot strap reinforce the key areas of the upper for support.
- The current version has retained all of the distinct features from its predecessor. It still has an ankle-high bootie cut that stabilizes the ankle during high-impact workouts. The upper is fashioned into a clam-shell construction with a four-way stretch Ariaprene for a snug yet breathable fit.
- The sole platform is engineered to provide a supportive, responsive, and cushioned ride. The top layer is the full-length IGNITE Foam drop-in midsole for energy rebound and cushioning.
- Underneath it is an injection-molded EVA midsole. It is a lightweight compound that absorbs shock, while cushioning and steadying the foot.
- The bottom is made of crystal rubber for complete ground contract and strong traction on a diverse range of surfaces. It has a lightweight form, so that it does not weigh down the foot.
The Puma IGNITE Limitless Knit is a trainer specially made for men. It typically complies with the standard training shoe sizing scheme with US sizes ranging from 7 to 14. However, the form-fitting knit upper may influence the fit and feel too tight for some. It comes in a stanndard D - Medium width profile.
The bottom of the Puma IGNITE Limitless Knit is composed of crystal rubber. It is engineered to display a strong grip and contact on various types of ground surfaces. It has two thin openings in the middle for the midsole to peek through.
The main star of the Puma IGNITE Limitless Knit is the full-length IGNITE foam insole. It is a polyurethane unit that is designed to be responsive.
An injection-molded EVA midsole enhances its performance. It is meant to offer shock absorption, support, and cushioning.
The Puma IGNITE Limitless Knit is styled into a bootie-like construction. A knit mesh fabric gives the model its own distinct style and fit. It has reflective accents for visibility in the dark. At first glance, the upper style may remind some of the other popular trainer, the Puma Enzo.
The four-way stretch Ariaprene shell has a clam-shell structure that supports the softer mesh fabric on the top. It gives a foot-conforming fit, while still allowing air to circulate within the foot chamber.
A TPU Kurim midfoot cage works together with the lace-up closure to secure the footgear. It also serves as lateral support.
Meanwhile, a TPU heel clip is made to add stability to the rearfoot area. It also protects the upper fabric from wear and tear.
The trainer has two mechanisms to lock the foot down. First, a traditional lacing system that allows users to adjust the fit according to their preferences. Second, a gore forefoot strap wraps around the foot to keep it from moving around inside the shoe.