Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
- The Puma Future 2.4 FG/AG is an entry-level football boot from the Puma Future lineup. It has a similar low-cut silhouette as the top-tier version but with minimal changes in its features. Players who wish to use this football boot can definitely go against the opponents without necessarily breaking their bank accounts.
- It features an upper that is made of synthetic and comes with a traditional lacing system at the center. The upper material is soft yet sturdy. It delivers a snug and supportive fit.
- Its upper design is inspired by the Netfit system found in football boots such as the Puma Future 18.1 Netfit FG/AG and Puma Future 2.4 Netfit FG/AG.
- The Spandex Sock extension is also present on this football boot. This technology uses an elastic material that provides a supportive fit around the ankle. It is also found on the Puma Future 18.4 Multi-Ground model.
- The Puma Future 2.4 FG/AG uses a lightweight outsole that is made of durable plastic. It comes with a blend of rounded and bladed studs that provide an optimal mix of stability and traction on natural and artificial grass playing surfaces.
The Puma Future 2.4 FG/AG is available in sizes 7 to 14 in men’s version only. It has a standard fit, which means it can accommodate players with narrow to slightly wide foot widths. With the help of its central lacing system, the Future 2.4 FG/AG provides the user with freedom to tighten or loosen the fit according to his liking.
The outsole of the Puma Future 2.4 FG/AG is made of thermoplastic polyurethane or TPU. It is light and flexible at the same time. The black base color of the soleplate is a nice contrast against the teal-colored studs.
Its stud layout is a combination of nine conical studs and four bladed studs. These cleats offer sufficient versatility for use on both firm grounds (FG) and artificial grass (AG) pitches.
The upper of the Puma 2.4 Future FG/AG is made of synthetic material. It is soft yet durable enough to provide excellent support and close feel of the ball. Its textured surface also offers additional ball touch for an accurate shooting experience.
Because this football boot follows the design of its top-tier counterpart, it also has the Spandex Sock extension, which is made of a breathable and stretchable fabric. However, unlike the one on the Future 2.1 model that extends from the tongue up to the ankle, the Spandex Sock extension of the Future 2.4 FG/AG only covers the ankle area. Nevertheless, the collar still provides a supportive and comfortable feel throughout the game.
The Puma Future 2.4 FG/AG has a central lacing system with added lace holes for enhanced lockdown. The traditional tongue comes with a lace guard at the center to keep it from moving around.
- The Puma Future 2.4 FG/AG is also available in Junior version.
- Football fans can have their Future 2.4 FG/AG personalized for a minimal fee.