Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Review coming soon
Puma Future 18.4 Soft Ground has just been released by Puma. Our experts are working on a detailed review. Please, come back later.
Get an email when final verdict is ready:
Features of the Puma Future 18.4 Soft Ground
- The Future lineup has set a whole new standard for custom fit with the introduction of its Netfit system. Even its low-tier variations including the Future 18.4 Soft Ground is no exception to such standard. Designed with simple yet beneficial features, this football boot is ready to take on the soft ground arena with quality performance.
- The Puma Future 18.4 is fitted with a synthetic upper that offers a soft yet structured sensation. It is engineered to mimic the texture of the Netfit technology found in its high-end versions such as the Puma Future 18.1 FG. The diamond-shaped texture serves as an aesthetic element while aiding in ball touch.
- A trademark to the Future series, the sock extension brings an anatomical fit through its one-wrap tongue and ankle collar. The sock-like collar protects the boot from debris especially from wet, muddy grounds while the tongue creates a hugging sensation that enhances lockdown. To personalize the fit further, a traditional lacing system is installed in the midfoot.
- To provide enough responsiveness and flex on soft grounds, a TPU (Thermoplastic Polyurethane) material is used for the construction of the soleplate. It is installed with conical screw-in studs that deliver excellent grip on slightly wet to muddy natural surfaces.
Fit and sizing
The Puma Future 18.4 Soft Ground is available in standard sizes for men ranging from 6 to 13. The sock extension is meant to offer a soft wrap-around sensation while the synthetic construction gives more structure to the overall fit. The central lace-up closure allows players to personalize the fit.
The base of this football boot is made from a TPU material that caters to a responsive ride. The lightweight material allows for more agile movements on challenging muddy pitches. To better dig into the soft natural ground, six conical screw-in studs are installed on the outsole. They are strategically arranged to lessen stud pressure while maintaining excellent traction on soft ground surfaces.
The synthetic upper of the Puma Future 18.4 Soft Ground is styled with diamond-shaped texturing that resembles the Netfit technology. Although it does not serve as lace holes, it brings benefit to the shoe by enhancing ball touch. The heel area of the football boot, on the other hand, is designed with a leather-like finish that carries the Puma branding.
The sock extension allows for a supportive fit that players need on slippery muddy grounds. It extends to the ankle area as a mid-height collar while the midfoot part flows through as a one-wrap tongue. The traditional lacing system brings more custom fit to the already snug wrap of the sock extension.
- This football boot has a firm ground variation.