Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Features of the Puma Future 18.4 hyFG
- At a glance, the Puma Future 18.4 hyFG is an exact replica of its firm ground variation. Donning a synthetic upper designed with net-like texturing, this football boot is meant to offer a soft yet more structured version of its high-tier counterpart. The diamond-shaped texture mimics the Netfit technology popularized by the Future lineup. However, it serves a different function which is to add visual appeal and enhancement to ball touch.
- Instead of the actual Netfit lacing, this football boot uses a traditional lace-up closure to allow players to personalize the fit. The one-wrap tongue from the Spandex sock extension further increases the comfort as it is installed below the lacing system.
- The Spandex extension is a one-piece bootie construction that follows the shape of the foot just like a sock. It is extended on the ankle area as a mid top collar that produces supportive fit for the lower leg. It also doubles as a protective element by preventing debris from entering the shoe.
- Labeled as the “hyFG” football boot, the base of this football boot is engineered with a reactive hybrid outsole. Its construction is meant to stride excellently on both natural and artificial grass with the placement of its conical and bladed studs.
Fit and sizing
The Puma Future 18.4 hyFG is offered in standard sizes for men ranging from 6 to 13. The Spandex sock extension offers an elastic yet supportive fit through its one-piece construction. Meanwhile, the synthetic upper material maintains the overall softness of the football boot. The central lacing system offers customizability in terms of fit. This may not be ideal for players with wide feet due to its synthetic material. Getting a half size up was the recommendation of some users.
The Puma Future 18.4 hyFG is built with a reactive outsole composed of hybrid studs. Six conical studs dominate the forefoot area to assist in pivotal motions while four bladed studs are arranged in the center to even out the stud pressure. The thirteen-stud configuration is designed to flexibly work on both artificial and natural grass courts.
The upper of the Puma Future 18.4 hyFG is designed to resemble its firm ground and soft ground variations. The synthetic material is styled with a net-like texturing that serves as a visual aesthetic for the football boot. Although it does not function just like the Netfit lacing technology, the multiple diamonds are there to aid in pinpointing accurate shots.
The Spandex extension is formed into a sock-like construction. On the ankle area, it is a mid-height collar that brings support to the lower leg while on the midfoot, it is formed into a one-wrap tongue that increases the overall comfort of the shoe.
The rear area of this football boot is a smooth synthetic finish that carries the Puma branding. The midfoot has a central lacing that allows players to personalize the fit.
- This hyFG football boot is also available in firm and soft ground variations such as the Puma Future 18.1 Netfit FG/AG, Puma Future 18.4 FG ,and Puma Future 18.4 SG.