Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
- Taking fit personalization to another level, the Puma Future 18.1 Netfit Mx Soft Ground football boot has been infused by one of the brand’s latest and greatest innovations. As suggested by the name, Netfit is a feature highlighted by this model. Allowing players a virtually infinite number of lacing possibilities, the technology makes use of a mesh material in the upper that act as lace holes.
- Under the Netfit is a foot-hugging element that creates a sock-like fit, bringing support by extending to the player’s ankle. This elastic knit material is named Evoknit. This knit-based material can also be found in the kangaroo leather version of the Puma One 18.1 shoe.
- For its outsole, Pebax has been used in its construction which has been proven to deliver flexibility and responsiveness. An eleven stud configuration has been integrated into this outsole, as well, to deliver traction in soft ground courts. A combination of bladed and conical studs have been used.
The Puma Future 18.1 Netfit Mx Soft Ground has a snug, sock-like fit brought about by its Evoknit upper. It is available in men’s standard sizes ranging from sizes 7 to 12. The lacing system comes in the form of Puma’s Netfit technology which provides footballers liberty in creating an infinite number of lacing combination, making an essentially customized fit.
The upper of the Puma Future 18.1 Netfit Mx SG is created with a synthetic material which has been infused with the brand’s NETFIT technology. This innovation allows the player to choose from seemingly infinite combinations for the shoe’s lacing system which ensures a truly personalized fit. The holes of this mesh-based material act as the shoe's lacing system.
Puma’s Evoknit technology is also used in this football boot’s construction. Bringing a sock-like fit which extends to the ankle, this element creates a snug feel while maintaining shoe breathability and security.
Created for soft ground courts, the Puma Future 18.1 Netfit Mx SG features a stud configuration that includes a combination of bladed and conical studs. A total of eleven studs is used; this includes four conical studs in the forefoot while the midfoot to the heel area uses a combination of conical and bladed studs for traction on soft ground courts.
The plate itself is created with a Pebax material which is known to be lightweight as well as flexible. It is also well known for the amount of energy return it affords athletes, ensuring responsiveness for every step. Other Puma football boots with this technology include the Puma One 17.1 and the Puma King II.
Puma Future 18.1 Netfit ‘Fizzy Yellow’
The striking ‘Fizzy Yellow’ colorway of the Puma Future 18.1 Netfit does a job well done when catching attention on the pitch. The electric hue colors the majority of the upper while a black and red tinge covers the heel area as well as the laces and the Puma logo. Athletes including Antoine Griezman, Adam Lallana, and Marco Reus sported the pair.
- The Puma Future 18.1 Netfit Mx Soft Ground football boot is available in the fizzy yellow, red blast, and Puma black colorway.
- An FG/ AG version of the Future 18.1 Netfit Mx has also been made available by Puma.