Experts are soccer players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
94 / 100 based on 7 expert reviews
The big showstopper is the netfit. It is a knitted web that’s fused on the side of the whole upper to give a fully customizable lacing system so you can get lace holes just where you need them. While Netfit might have been made in a very sturdy way, there is the risk of the stuff getting stuck underneath and tearing a hole in some of the lace holes.
In short, the Future 18.1 is here to help you do whatever you want with your football boots. That is the buzz word with the Netfit. With a boot that only weighs 205 grams, has a lovely fit, and is relatively cheap compared to what it brings, I think the Future will make waves in the business.
Overall, it’s not amazing. It’s not the best upper I’ve ever felt in regards to touch. But it definitely is passable and for a synthetic shoe from Puma
Comfortable, lightweight and customizable. The Puma Future is a stroke of genius from its creators. At a price point that is lower than its top-tier competition, it’s sure to be a real crowd-pleaser.
If you have worn boots in the past where you feel they fit too loose, NETFIT allows you to really focus in on that region! It is a unique addition to the boot market that should serve a very specific purpose.
Comfortable, lightweight, and customizable the FUTURE is a stroke of genius from PUMA and at a price point lower than most other top tier offerings this cleat sure to be a real crowd pleaser.
- The major marketing point of the Puma Future 18.1 Firm Ground Netfit is the cutting-edge Netfit technology. It provides almost limitless lacing options for optimal fit for players with wide and narrow feet.
- The Puma Future 18.1 Firm Ground Netfit also features an evoKnit collar. This knit-based material ensures that the soccer cleat creates a seamless transition from foot to leg.
- The outsole of this revolutionary soccer cleat uses the new Rapidagility technology. It is made of a lightweight Pebax material that provides excellent acceleration. The stud pattern is a combination of the conical and bladed studs for top-notch traction on both firm grounds and artificial grass surfaces.
The Puma Future 18.1 Firm Ground Netfit basically made with a wide last. Players with slim feet can still use it comfortably with the help of the Netfit technology. The length of this soccer cleat is true to size. It comes in men’s version only in sizes 7 to 13. This soccer cleat is available in full sizes only.
A new feature found on the Puma Future 18.1 Firm Ground Netfit is the Rapidagility hybrid outsole. It is made of a lightweight and flexible Pebax material. The soleplate also comes with torsion bars for stability and responsiveness.
The stud pattern is a combination of conical and bladed studs. Thus, this soccer cleat is suitable for both firm grounds and artificial grass surfaces. Aside from the conical and bladed studs, you can also find two support studs in the middle of the forefoot and a toe pick in front.
The most distinct part of the Puma 18.1 Firm Ground Netfit upper is the Netfit technology. On the launch colorway, it is the yellow net material found on the upper. This knitted mesh structure has hexagon-shaped holes that act as lacing systems. They offer customized lacing depending on your foot shape and size for that ultimate locked-in feel.
With the Netfit technology, you can tighten the laces to create tension in certain areas. It acts just like a corset, but for the foot. You can also create a cleaner, laceless strike zone if you prefer.
Another amazing purpose of the Netfit system is to provide texture on the surface of the upper. Thus, this soccer cleat can deliver a ton of grip on the ball and a pingy sensation when you shoot.
The actual upper is made up of a form-fitting, textile-based material. Together with the Netfit system, the upper provides a cushioned and responsive touch on the ball.
The one-piece upper construction of the Puma Future 18.1 Firm Ground Netfit also features the evoKNIT technology on the collar and strike zone. It provides a tight but comfortable sock-like sensation around the ankle for a secure, locked-in feel.
The mid-top collar has a unique shape which peaks at the front and the back. It is also ribbed in front in order to reduce friction.
Two special edition versions of this soccer cleat are available as part of the Puma Future Suede 50 pack, namely the Puma Future Suede 50 FG/AG and Puma Future Suede 50 Turf Trainers. The said collection was released to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the classic Puma Suede which was first launched in 1968.
Puma collaborated with different brands as well as fashion, music, and lifestyle icons to create 50 new designs. There were only 1,350 pairs of soccer cleats released for this Puma Future Suede pack. Launched in two colorways, these limited edition soccer cleats came with a full suede upper. The outsole also has a suede-like finish.
- Famous soccer players who wore the Puma Future 18.1 Firm Ground Netfit are Antoine Griezmann and Marco Reus.
- It is the first Puma soccer cleat to feature the Netfit technology and an FG/AG stud pattern.
- Aside from the soccer cleat itself, you will also find an extra pair of shoelaces and five lacing suggestions.
- The Puma Future 18.1 Firm Ground Netfit tips the scales at a modest weight of 7.2 ounces.
- This soccer cleat was launched together with the Puma One 18.1 K-Leather Firm Ground in blackout versions.