Neutral / cushion / high arch
Shoes for runners who do not need any additional arch support (Around 50% of runners). Best for people with normal, high or medium high arches. See the best neutral shoes.
Stability / overpronation / normal arch
Shoes for runners who need mild to moderate arch support (Around 45% of runners). Best for runners with a low arch. See the best stability shoes.
Motion control / severe overpronation / flat feet
Shoes for runners who needs a lot of arch support. Best for runners with flat feet. See the best motion control shoes.
Good to know
Cushioned shoes for your daily easy running. Great comfort. See best shoes for daily running.
Lightweight shoes good for races, interval training, tempo runs and fartlek. Here are the best competition running shoes.
Good to know
If you want just one pair of shoes, buy a shoe for daily running.
WeightMen: 10.4ozWomen: 8.8oz
Heel to toe dropMen: 12mmWomen: 12mm
The height difference from the heel to the forefoot, also known as heel drop, toe spring, heel to toe spring or simply drop.
There are many opinions about what a good heel drop is. We do not recommend any in particular. Lean more in this video.
Heel heightMen: 34mmWomen: 34mm
Forefoot heightMen: 22mmWomen: 22mm
WidthMen: StandardWomen: Standard
Updates to Puma Faas 1000 v1.5
- The Puma Faas 1000 v1.5 is part of the FAAS Collection and it is known to have the most cushioning in the series. Even if the platform is thick and even if it features more cushioning system, it is still a running shoe that has an average weight, at only 296 grams.
- Foot lockdown is heightened by the EVERFIT 2.0, which is an upper security mechanism that works well with the lacing system to adjust the snugness or looseness of the material to achieve a customized fit.
- The two rubber compounds in the outsole unit deliver durable protection against wear and tear, as well as additional cushioning for a more efficient and cohesive toe-off.
- Flexibility is afforded by flex grooves in the sole unit. It encourages the foot to perform naturally through the gait cycle, making sure that it is given the freedom to go through the gait cycle unfettered.
- The mid-sole unit features two FAAS foam technologies that give a springier feel and a softer underfoot platform for enhanced comfort through all activities and trainings.
Puma Faas 1000 v1.5 size and fit
The Puma Faas 1000 v1.5 has a standard running shoe length. The heel, mid-foot and forefoot areas have a medium width. It can accommodate those foot sizes and types. The semi-curved shape of this shoe also allows the natural shape of the foot to acclimate well to it.
The EverTrack outsole rubber is a durable material that’s resistant to wear and abrasion. It shields the rest of the sole unit from damage. It’s also capable of delivering traction that’s efficient over the roads. It’s found in critical areas of the outsole where wear is most observed.
The EverRide+ blown-rubber is a much more responsive material than its previous version. It has bounce-back mechanics, so it is able to offer additional cushioning, thus making each toe-off smoother and more agreeable to the performance of the runner.
Flex grooves in the outsole make sure that the foot is able to cycle through the step with more finesse and natural movement. These deep grooves don’t make the sole unit restrictive or stiff, so each step is more engaged and unconstrained.
The FAAS Foam+ is a resilient mid-sole foam that has a bouncier feel than its previous iteration. It is able to attenuate shock for a more comfortable underfoot experience.
The FaasFoamLite foam is a layered closer to the foot. This lightweight cushioning unit is soft, so it makes the platform all the more enjoyable to stand on. The runner can easily depend on this durable yet plush underfoot foundation.
The upper unit makes use of the AirMesh and a mono mesh material to deliver a durable, secure yet breathable coverage. The mix of materials protects the interior from dust and small particles, and it doesn’t tear off easily.
The EVERFIT 2.0 in the inner mid-foot section makes use of a material that works with the lacing system to deliver a precise fit that’s in tune with the preferences of the runner. It keeps the upper feeling snug yet comfortable at the same time.
The Molded Rebound OrthoLite® Sock Liner delivers added cushioning to the already robust platform. It moves easily with the foot, so it doesn’t hinder flexibility. It also has anti-microbial properties, which make the interior environment clean and healthy.