Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
72 / 100 based on 3 expert reviews
Oh how I wish this section was more positive, but unfortunately I’ve had some issues with the comfort of evoTOUCH. The problem lies in the heel and how Puma’s heel counter is formed to connect with the leather and then the evoKNIT sock.
The evoTOUCH Pro isn’t going to be very kind to your wallet, but it is priced slightly below where Nike’s top-tier boots are set. Considering the kangaroo leather and the amount of tech in this boot, it shouldn’t be too surprising.
The strong points are the K-leather which manages to provide one of the most natural feels in its category and sets the standard quite high for Puma`s future.
Features of the Puma evoTOUCH Pro Firm Ground
- The evoTOUCH Pro FG takes the sock-like sensation to a whole new level with its evoKnit sock. The collar extension may not have been an original Puma idea, but the brand has done a great job making it their very own. It promises optimum comfort with a flexible stretch that makes slipping on much easier.
- The modern twist to a leather construction is displayed in this football boot’s upper. It boasts of a supple, extremely thin kangaroo leather meant to magnify barefoot feel when touching the ball. Its smooth, no-stitch forefoot exudes a contemporary style for the modern-day player who aims for successful assists and tackles.
- The removable insole is powered by GripTex technology engineered to provide underfoot stability with its griptex triangles.
- The central lacing system is the boot’s main enclosure type that is installed above the sock extension.
- What adds up to the boot’s lightweightedness is its Pebax outsole. Eleven classic Puma conical studs are laid out in the plate for rotational maneuverability on firm ground. Paired with Speedtrack spine, it offers a balance of flex and stability that works best for exhilarating attacking runs and build-up plays.
Fit and sizing
The evoTOUCH Pro Firm Ground is available in men’s sizes ranging from 7 to 12. Its leather upper offers a thin, supple sensation that wraps the foot snugly. The lace-up enclosure aids in securing a tailored fit adjustment. It is important to note that some players, but not the majority perceived the sizing to be a bit small.
Torsionability and responsiveness are the two main goals of the football boot’s Speedtrack spine. With this technology embedded in the Pebax outsole, it brings about even stability and flexibility on firm natural surfaces. The combination of both technologies is best for explosive first steps and change of directions.
For better ground penetration, eleven conical studs are laid out in a traditional Puma configuration. It also improves rotational traction during quick twists and turns on the firm ground.
The firm ground football boot is an all-leather construction that boasts of a barefoot sensation. The natural leather offers a form-fitting wrap even with the absence of forefoot stitches. Through its thin construction, ball touch is set to feel like it’s close to the skin.
The modern element to this leather boot is the evoKnit sock that doubles as a collar. The mid top style of the perforated sock extension offers a stretch that delivers comfort and breathability. It easily adjusts to any movement through its pliable texture. Additionally, two pull tabs are attached at the front and rear end of the sock for an easy slip on.
The lace-up enclosure strengthens lockdown by giving players a more customized fit.
Special Colorways of the Puma evoTOUCH Pro Firm Ground
Released as the debut colorway, the special edition Puma evoTOUCH Pro Firm Ground emanates subtle colors with a dominant birch upper. It is paired with a peacoat Puma Formstrip and a safety yellow plate. Apart from its colors, what makes this boot special is its exclusive packaging that contains a pair of half socks and a leather sockliner container.
- The football boot weighs 7.05 ounces.
- The evoTOUCH Pro Firm Ground comes with a Griptex insole.
- Santi Cazorla and Cesc Fabregas wore this K-leather Puma football boots.