Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Features of the Puma EvoSpeed 17.1 SL Firm Ground
- With the way Puma has built the EvoSpeed 17.1 SL Firm Ground, it is obviously for the “big match days” of a football player’s life. This football boot is equipped with tech specs that are meant to provide exceptional speed and striking capability.
- To start off, it took advantage of a super lightweight textile for its upper. This is like a paper-thin material intentionally used to make the boot super light in weight that it feels like there is nothing on the player’s feet.
- Internally, the SpeedFRAME structure is installed. It provides support and stability for this thin boot while keeping the foot in place.
- Another feature of this football boot is the support strips added to the front and toe box area. These strips provide enhanced durability to make this version of the EvoSpeed last longer compared to the old SL boots.
- On its base, Puma has installed a nylon soleplate. It also features a mix of bladed and conical studs as well as two SPEEDTRACK spines in the middle. These are meant to provide excellent traction, flexibility, and support, specifically in the toe box and heel area.
Fit and sizing
The Puma EvoSpeed 17.1 SL Firm Ground comes in the standard sizes. It is available in men’s version. It fits true to size but offers quite a narrow fit that might not be very comfortable for those with wider feet. Fitted with a central lacing system, this football boot gives players the comfort of an adjustable fit. Moreover, its thin tongue provides minimal padding around the midfoot.
A nylon soleplate lines the base of the Puma EvoSpeed 17.1 SL. This soleplate is engineered to perfect sharp and quick cuts of the attacking players.
The soleplate is also engineered with a stud configuration that combines conical and bladed studs and SPEEDTRACK spines to deliver superior traction on the firm ground pitch.
The SPEEDTRACK spines are placed in the middle part of the football boot. They are meant to provide resilience in the toe box and more support for the heel area.
As part of its purpose, Puma designed the upper of this football boot with a lightweight textile. This material is paper thin making the boot extremely lightweight and ideal for attacking players. With a thin upper, players get to feel every part of the ball and achieve maximum control to execute the most powerful strikes.
- Players who were seen wearing the Puma EvoSpeed 17.1 SL FG were the known attacking threats Sergio Aguero and Marcos Reus.
- This football boot weighs 3.5 ounces.