Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
- The second version of the Puma EvoPower Vigor Firm Ground utilizes a supple Japanese microfibre material for its upper. Overlayed on the upper is Puma’s GripTex treatment that works to enhance grip resulting in better ball control and consequently, improved ball handling.
- This football boot also features AccuFoam 3D dots on its outer layer. This added detail functions to facilitate better kicks as well as ensure accuracy with every strike. It also adds further comfort to the foot.
- Puma has also engineered this low top boot with a flexible elastane sock for an improved fit. This kind of fabric is known for its exceptional elasticity, which allows the shoe to conveniently wrap the foot. It also enables natural foot mechanics. This sock feature is also adapted in newer Puma models including the Puma Future 18.1 Netfit FG/AG and the Puma One 18.1 K-Leather Firm Ground.
- The outsole of the boot highlights an anatomically engineered unit that is lightweight and flexible. This design makes it possible for the foot to move as though in a barefoot kicking motion. Moreover, it aids in maximum power delivery to the ball.
The Puma EvoPower Vigor 2 Firm Ground boasts of a comfortable fit owing to the elastane sock fitted on the boot’s upper. A lace-up closure enables wearers to adjust the tightness of the shoe to their preference. This football boot comes in the standard men’s sizes. It offers a slightly narrow width and runs a bit small.
The outsole of the Puma model highlights a stud configuration that combines conical and bladed studs. This arrangement delivers the needed traction to efficiently make turns and cuts on the firm ground pitch.
For the upper of the EvoPower Vigor 2 Firm Ground, Puma has employed soft Japanese microfiber alongside an elastane sock that ensures a snug fit. This football boot also utilizes the GripTex technology that improves ball control for better ball manipulation. Aside from the GripTex overlay, the Accufoam 3D dots on the upper further aids in more powerful and more accurate kicks.
- This football boot weighs 8.2 ounces.