Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
86 / 100 based on 3 expert reviews
If you want a thinner experience from your evopower, that's what they're kind of offering here for the vigor 1.
I like these a lot, I really do. The only modification I would have added to enhance the performance would be to tighten the ankle collar, or create a slightly higher cut. It would have added a more dynamic feel around the opening. But I don’t think this dictates the overall performance in any way.
The evoPOWER Vigor 1 is PUMA's most complete shooting football boot yet in its most packaged form. Plush comfort, ultimate flexibility, technology that aids shot power and a locked in fit. No boot makes you better at shooting, but what the evoPOWER provides is a boot that will allow you to maximise your full power potential, if you like.
Features of the Puma EvoPower Vigor 1 Graphic Firm Ground
- Puma has created the EvoPower line to answer to the need for power and accuracy in attacks. Boots from this collection bring a new meaning to lightweight with the aim of giving the best feel of the ball.
- The Puma EvoPower Vigor 1 Graphic Firm Ground features an AdapLite material for its upper. This microfibre offers excellent flexibility that mimics a barefoot kicking motion for increased power. It also allows for a natural movement of the feet.
- For shot accuracy, the boot depends on its AccuFoam design, which utilizes 3D foam dots that add texture to the upper. This added detail enhances grip and precision when connecting with the ball. It also works to improve comfort.
- This football boot also employs the GripTex treatment on its upper. This detail has been applied to provide significantly better ball control for easier manipulation. It also provides a consistent level of grip on the ball, even in wet conditions.
- Over at the midfoot, this low top utilizes a standard lace-up closure that gives wearers control over how snug they want the shoe to fit. This lacing system is also seen on boots like the Under Armour Magnetico Pro Firm Ground and the Mizuno Rebula 2 V2 Firm Ground. However, instead of a basic tongue, this football boot uses an elastane sock that offers a good amount of stretch for more natural foot dynamics.
- Meanwhile, the base highlights a lightweight Pebax outsole that holds a combination of bladed and conical studs that provide traction on natural grass pitches. The outsole also features the G.S.F. (Gradual Stability Frame) technology that allows the outsole and the upper to bend in harmony resulting in enhanced power.
Fit and sizing
The firm ground version of the Puma EvoPower Vigor 1 Graphic utilizes a stretchable sock construction that gives a snug wrap around the foot. It also employs a central lacing system that offers a secure fit and offers wearers control over the boot’s tightness. This football boot comes in the standard men’s sizes, from 7 to 12. It fits about a size larger than usual so wearers should take note of this when purchasing a pair.
Puma has engineered this football boot with a lightweight Pebax outsole. It has also installed the base with a mix of bladed and conical studs that are strategically positioned to ensure that players can put more power in their shots without compromising stability on the pitch.
The spine of the outsole also features the GSF that allows the foot to bend in a more natural motion, resulting in an optimized delivery of power to the ball.
For its upper, the EvoPower Vigor 1 Graphic Firm Ground employs the brand’s AdapLite microfibre. The material offers a one-way stretch that allows the foot to bend, mimicking a barefoot kicking motion that boosts power. Meanwhile, the Accufoam 3D dots regulate the uneven surface of the foot for improved accuracy when making shots.
The upper has also been treated with a GripTex print that further enhances ball control. It also allows for a more consistent ball touch in wet and dry conditions.
- This football boot weighs 7 ounces.