Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
Features of the Puma Esito Classico Firm Ground
- The full-grain leather upper of the Esito Classico FG exudes the traditional vibes in this firm ground football boot. The leather quality offers water-resistant properties that can ensure protection against wear and tear. It also provides a natural adaptive fit that requires minimal break-in. Such classical fit is also observed in other leather football boots such as its turf counterpart and the popular Adidas Mundial Goal.
- Stitches run across the forefoot for enhanced ball touch and prevention of leather overstretching. Furthermore, the stitch style adds up to the boot’s vintage look.
- The football boot’s fastening system is through the central laces. A portion of it is covered by a classic tongue that can be folded over through Velcro, for added comfort. Fold-over tongue is quite common in heritage boots such as the Adidas Samba Classic.
- The durable Nylon outsole is composed of conical studs arranged to produce rotational traction on a firm ground surface.
Fit and sizing
To achieve the best comfort fit, it is recommended by the majority to go for a half size up. The full-grain leather provides a snug fit that adjusts to the width of the foot with minimal break-in time. It naturally conforms to shape of the foot with the additional support from the central lacing system and the fold-over tongue. It is available in men’s version only in standard sizes.
The outer sole of the Puma Esito Classico FG is built with a white Nylon for a lightweight and sturdy quality. The Puma Formstrip is carved in the middle of the plate.
Six conical studs line up the lateral side while another five sits on the medial side. This arrangement is the timeless Puma stud pattern that dates all the way back to the first few Puma King football boots. It works best with rotational movements.
The football boot has straightforward upper features. A classic black and white leather make up the overall design of the Puma Esito Classico FG.
The white Puma Formstrip found on both sides accents the vintage black leather that dominantly forms the upper. Stitch detailing is visible in the forefoot to deliver excellent ball touch.
The traditional setup of the central lacing system with the fold-over tongue completes the heritage package of the football boot.
- The football boot is available in black-white colorway only.
- The Puma Esito Classico FG has a turf variation.