Experts are soccer players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
- The full-grain leather upper of the Esito Classico FG exudes the traditional vibes in this firm ground soccer cleat. The leather quality offers water-resistant properties that can ensure protection against wear and tear. It also provides a natural adaptive fit that requires minimal break-in. Such classical fit is also observed in other leather soccer cleats such as its turf counterpart and the popular Adidas Mundial Goal.
- Stitches run across the forefoot for enhanced ball touch and prevention of leather overstretching. Furthermore, the stitch style adds up to the cleat’s vintage look.
- The soccer cleat’s fastening system is through the central laces. A portion of it is covered by a classic tongue that can be folded over through Velcro, for added comfort. Fold-over tongue is quite common in heritage cleats such as the Adidas Samba Classic.
- The durable Nylon outsole is composed of conical studs arranged to produce rotational traction on a firm ground surface.
To achieve the best comfort fit, it is recommended by the majority to go for a half size up. The full-grain leather provides a snug fit that adjusts to the width of the foot with minimal break-in time. It naturally conforms to shape of the foot with the additional support from the central lacing system and the fold-over tongue. It is available in men’s version only in standard sizes.
The outer sole of the Puma Esito Classico FG is built with a white Nylon for a lightweight and sturdy quality. The Puma Formstrip is carved in the middle of the plate.
Six conical studs line up the lateral side while another five sits on the medial side. This arrangement is the timeless Puma stud pattern that dates all the way back to the first few Puma King soccer cleats. It works best with rotational movements.
The soccer cleat has straightforward upper features. A classic black and white leather make up the overall design of the Puma Esito Classico FG.
The white Puma Formstrip found on both sides accents the vintage black leather that dominantly forms the upper. Stitch detailing is visible in the forefoot to deliver excellent ball touch.
The traditional setup of the central lacing system with the fold-over tongue completes the heritage package of the soccer cleat.
- The soccer cleat is available in black-white colorway only.
- The Puma Esito Classico FG has a turf variation.